4 Dragon Egg Siphons at the same time... effects?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
A friend of mine beat the ender dragon, and made a gregtech egg siphon. He lost the original egg, so found out you can make more of them. He edited the server config to allow more eggs, and right now has 4 of them.

It rains... a lot... on the server now. It says they will create flux, and it says the flux levels are dangerous where he has the eggs (small tower about 30 blocks from his main base) but even at his base, the levels arent too bad and he has had no wisps spawning or poison effects, etc.

He told the rest of us playing that 'there is a machine to stop the rain, build it' when it was pointed out that he was basically making solar panels useless for us to use, but apparently it requires gunpowder and other stuff that we cant just build immediately (none of us has ever even played around with forestry before).

Im thinking he might just keep making eggs, has anyone ever tried this? He is also making lightning rods to capitalize on teh storms and he owns the server so we have no real say in how it is run. I was wondering if people have tried this and found ways to get around the negative effects of the eggs (apparently just rain for anyone not close to the eggs, as the flux levels don't seem to be an issue even 50 blocks away from them...)

I just got into thaumcraft for the first time, so I really have little understanding of it at the moment.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get what you're asking... do you want to know how to get rid of the flux? The only way to do it directly is to breed some pure bees and they'll slowly turn the flux into crystallised aspects. However, you'll need quite a few of them, especially if your friend is planning on making loads of egg siphons. I'd strongly suggest just moving your base away from his.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
I guess im asking... what effects can we expect other than rain, because even at 4 eggs there appear to not be any serious effects happening (flux) and do we have any options to deal with the effects that ARE affecting us already. Namely, frequent rain. I can't see any machine other than Forestry's rainmaker machine that will affect it, and it seems direwolf20 just automated one of them to turn off the rain automatically, but they ddont run on power, they require a Dissipation Charge, which requires resources we dont have at the moment.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Well it causes wisps to spawn, though you knew that already. Aside from them, flux can cause giant brainy zombies to spawn, though they are pretty rare. It will also sometimes give you a random buff or debuff, such as slowness, haste etc. More annoyingly is that it can also cause random lightning strikes (at any time, not just in a storm), which will either hit you if you're outside or any other mod if you aren't. Got some golems tending to an outside farm? Yeah, the lightning will kill them all. Same for any animals you might have outside.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
I find this really bad for a sever because with rain all the time it severely restricts bee's and solar panels from being useful ?

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Yes this was our issue, the other guy playing was just getting into forestry, and I had a bunch of redpower (playing FTB Ultimate) solar panels for my tree farm furnaces. My friend said he spent 138 iridium to make the siphons, he isnt going to give them up. Its just 4 of us (5th guy is deployed in the military at the moment) and my son playing and he doenst ask for money so I cant really complain much. He made his base in an area of Cracked Sand, so its like a desert area and the rain doesnt affect his solar panels. The other guy and myself are in areas where the rain affects us.

I dont see any way to affect rain other than forestry's Rainmaker, so it appears that is our only answer. Or start building windmills instead of solar panels.

Wallienator

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't FTB Ultimate have Xeno's Reliquary, that has a gun with forestry-like dissipation charges if I remember it correctly.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Have him move his setup into the twlight forest or a mystcraft age, that way it will be isolated from the over world. As you would need a ton of pure bees to even come close handling the flux out put of just one the siphons.

ThePokepika99

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't like side-effects from Dragon-Egg-Energy-Siphons, there's config file, where you can turn generation of Flux by Dragon Egg Siphon off.
It should look something like this:
B: DragonEggEnergySiphon.OutputFlux=true
Just change "true" to "false" and then you have problems witg dangerous Flux levels.

Reactions: Lord Wumbo

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Or just tell him to grow up and think about everyone else !! You could always sabotage him and spawn zombies like no tomorrow with mfr or soul shards then tell him its the flux ? Quick and easy ! Do it when he isn't on obviously !

Reactions: zorn

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Well as i said, its his server and he doesn't ask for money, i think my options are to go with his solution or just leave. Haven't heard much good about public servers. How would one go about finding a few good players to play with? Id even buy my own server, but would ideally just want a half dozen good players to have fun with. I imagine everyone wants this? Good knowledgeable players who are considerate of others and can be trusted not to steal or grief other players? Actually knowledgeable wouldn't even matter, just nice people who are trustworthy. How would you go about that? I don't see any easy way to do that.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
See the problem is good knowledgeable players are very hard to come by and recently I decided to stop playing on a public server for a while even though I am a admin ! The constant baby sitting of players who get joy out of breaking others creations is sickening !!

Lastly having knowledgeable players can be a problem too as they have enough knowledge to make these huge wonderful contraptions but they almost never take into account the lag is causes !! Eg. Running 2 fusion reactors at once with all of the machines to support each one running as well :( this is why recently iv decided to take on a lan server with my brother as it is easier and more predictable for twitch streaming !

Ill be hosting a whitelisted server in September which can easily hold 20 members but I'm only accepting 10-12 to allow ram and processor space for chunk loaders and other things !

Ill definitely keep you in mind though !