2 suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
Good morning all!

I've got two suggestions that I think could be quite nice.

1. Slow originally promises that the ID maps for the pack would be made public so others could add their own mods to the pack around them and have some hope that ID conflicts won't come up in further updates. It would be nice if this could be done in a Google docs spreadsheet or whatnot. This is relevant to number 2.

2. It would be great if there were a forum for custom mod configs. The idea for which is as follows:

Using the ID maps others could configure new mods to work with a pack and then put up the config file on the forum for others to use. This would save a ton of support requests that ask how to get mod x work with mod y.

Comments?

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
Good idea in theory, but it would require a lot of work to set up.

From what Slow has said in the past an ID map already exists, it just hasn't been made public. That part should be relatively simple to setup in theory.

The harder part would be the forum, especially if an index of the mod configs were kept. It could be pretty rewarding though.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
This is something that I think is planned for the wiki, but is pretty low priority. We're working on getting all the block and item pages in first.

Lathanael said:
That won't be needed, at least not for the default setups. We are planing to add a list/table whatever to the wiki where you can find all the Block and Item IDs FTB packs take so you know exactly what free and what not.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
From what Slow has said in the past an ID map already exists, it just hasn't been made public. That part should be relatively simple to setup in theory.

The harder part would be the forum, especially if an index of the mod configs were kept. It could be pretty rewarding though.
I'd love to release the ID maps but its simply not accurate, the whole spreadsheet needs to be remade so that may take some time, in the meantime I have attached our 1.4.7 master ID dump so you can get an idea of what is free. THIS UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MEANS THAT THESE ID's WILL BE FREE IN FUTURE!

Attachments

• masterdump.txt
    782.1 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: Ashzification

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to release the ID maps but its simply not accurate, the whole spreadsheet needs to be remade so that may take some time, in the meantime I have attached our 1.4.7 master ID dump so you can get an idea of what is free. THIS UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MEANS THAT THESE ID's WILL BE FREE IN FUTURE!
And I'm just gonna grab this, and hopefully I can provide some support in the future for adding some other mods to the packs ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.