Closed 1.x.x [World corrupting] ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException [Cause: MFR RedNet Controller]

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE:
!!!Solution further down!!!
Do be careful with MFR Programmable RedNet Controller

What is the bug:
Server was running but players reported lag. Tickrate was at a calm 30ms overall but the server was skipping ticks. I figured before I do anything drastic Id just give it a quick restart. Now the world file wont load up (crashes at the very end of bootup after unloading rftools dimensions).
Crashlog is not providing any information that would actually allow a rookie like myself to fix it.

Taken from the server log this is what he does just before the error occurs:
[19:17:27] [Server thread/TRACE] [ForgeMicroblock/ForgeMicroblock]: Sending event FMLServerStartedEvent to mod ForgeMicroblock
[19:17:27] [Server thread/TRACE] [ForgeMicroblock/ForgeMicroblock]: Sent event FMLServerStartedEvent to mod ForgeMicroblock
[19:17:28] [Server thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Exception caught during firing event cpw.mods.fml.common.gameevent.TickEvent$WorldTickEvent@439f5bf3:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://pastebin.com/R9ySZNE1

E: I have identified the problem to be in a player base in the overworld. I have found the chunkloader in that base and deleted it. Now the server will boot and only crash if a player ticks these chunks. That allowed me to produce a more specific crashlog and the problem seem to be enderIO conduits (E: it appeared at the time, this is false information). I have subsequently gone in and deleted conduits at multiple locations; one by one just producing new crashlogs. It would seem that it is not an isolated issue because it has been split between multiple chunks and systems. Below you can find a "better" crash report that still includes the original problem but more information to work with.
It is worth noting that the server was running and working and these problems with EnderIO have only arisen after a restart.

http://pastebin.com/0AraBHTV

E2: Yet another, different log, this time MFR.
http://pastebin.com/EhTEXiG0
Also had an energy node from extra utils crash me now so the problem is not isolated to enderio it would seem. I can remove as much as I want more and different stuff just gives the same error.

E3: SOLUTION
It turns out tfox was right so many thanks to him! Unfortunately in our case merely removing the MFR RedNet cables and RedNet controller did not do the trick. We went through and tested(deleted) every chunk one by one. Turns out that the chunk causing the issue was the one with the MFR controller inside of it (interestingly the cables worked as the controller was only thing in a seperate chunk) but a simple removal was not enough. Re-setting/gen'ing the entire chunk is what did it for us in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: kasette

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Gonna shoot to the air but there was a problem with chicken chunk loaders in some dimensions...
For example, having a ender chest on a quarry in the deep dark dimension would cause problems loading the dimension and the chunk being reverted to original. That is way its advised to only use a tesseract above the quarry.

And it is crashing when trying to load a dimension with the chicken chunk loading code.... So.... maybe some chunk loader in some dimension is causing the problem?

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
Gonna shoot to the air but there was a problem with chicken chunk loaders in some dimensions...
For example, having a ender chest on a quarry in the deep dark dimension would cause problems loading the dimension and the chunk being reverted to original. That is way its advised to only use a tesseract above the quarry.

And it is crashing when trying to load a dimension with the chicken chunk loading code.... So.... maybe some chunk loader in some dimension is causing the problem?
Unfortunately its not as simple as resetting a mining world and restoring a couple quarries. I have updated my post with new information that I have found in the last couple of hours.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Seems to be the MFR rednet cables. I had a few problems with them back in the beginning of 1.7 with a different pack, it seems to be super rare. I fixed it by pulling the world into MCedit and removing the conduits then reloaded the world with no problems and told my players to be careful with them.

Reactions: mti_

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
Seems to be the MFR rednet cables. I had a few problems with them back in the beginning of 1.7 with a different pack, it seems to be super rare. I fixed it by pulling the world into MCedit and removing the conduits then reloaded the world with no problems and told my players to be careful with them.

Unfortunately removing the rednet cables did not fix the issue. After having done that its a zombie causing the problem so it doesnt seem to be mod specific.
http://pastebin.com/zSQriDQz
I have been booting the server up, crashing and removing the blocks that cause the crash but it always finds a new mod/item/block to fail on.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Is it always around the same place? Could it be caused by a corrupted chuck? Like.... Last resort... Purge these chunks? (Keep a backup, ofc)

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
Is it always around the same place? Could it be caused by a corrupted chuck? Like.... Last resort... Purge these chunks? (Keep a backup, ofc)

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk
This is not an option. It is centered around a player base but there is 100s of hours of play time in that one and I will not destory that. Right now noone can play and that truely sucks for the community but having me not value people's time and effort would hurt it far more. The server stays off until this is fixed.