1.7.2 Lets Play with Gregtech!

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
Hi so today i am going to start my first picture through. :) lets get right into it.
This is were i have decided to start my temp base.
2014-07-18_10.57.05.png

Time to go mining!

2014-07-18_10.58.03.png

Ok so after a little bit of broing things i have found some ore berries should help out for a while. (they are getting removed).
2014-07-18_10.57.38.png
I cant give a mod list because i will upgrade to 1.7.10 this is in 1.7.2 atm. I will tell u that gregtech is in the pack though.
I am using the soartex fanver TP atm.
I will update this thread regularly. :)
If you have any questions/ suggestions please leave a comment.

Last edited:

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
Small update:

I hate mining atm....
2014-07-18_11.09.45.png

2014-07-18_11.10.39.png

SO many silver fish XD

Found a nice vein of sodalite and there is only one big vien every 3x3 cunks so better find a new place to mine.

2014-07-18_11.19.05.png

Pam's Harvest craft ftw!
2014-07-18_11.25.05.png

Also more ore berries

2014-07-18_11.23.57.png

I got lucky with certus quartz and got my self a grind stone. (not that its that usefull atm).

2014-07-18_11.23.36.png

I know where my base is going....
2014-07-18_11.26.34.png

Ok thats it for now hopefully we can get to the bronze age soon (maybe like two or three days). Please bare with me as i dont like to play to much so progression might be slow. And gregtech in 1.7 is like gregtech in 1.6.4 * 100 hard. :)

Last edited:

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
First off: i can't wait to see how you're going to design your base. My volcano bases always look horrible... :[

Also: gregtech isn't really hard. It just slows down progression.

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
Small update again! (sorry haven't had much time to play)

So i have decided to get into botania. :)
My little area for it nothing fancy yet.
2014-07-19_14.44.39.png

I realized i wont get to far into botania yet because i need a bucket and i cant afford it yet. (need to do some mining)

I have also made a tree farm :

2014-07-18_21.32.39.png

So thats what a gregtech ore vein looks like ;)

2014-07-19_16.16.58.png

Thats coal btw i still need to find a copper one.
Next time i will probably make a house and try to get some basic infrastructure for botania / maybe gregtech.

Last edited:

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps it is confirmation bias? But what's this with all this gregtech resurgence renaissance overflowing from our forums these days?

All the best!
[starts gazing thoughtfully at the gregtech-1.7.jar that he himself downloaded 2 weeks ago]

Reactions: Pyure

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps it is confirmation bias? But what's this with all this gregtech resurgence renaissance overflowing from our forums these days?

All the best!
[starts gazing thoughtfully at the gregtech-1.7.jar that he himself downloaded 2 weeks ago]
That is probably super outdated. Greg had been updating like a mad person(read: Vazkii).

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
That is probably super outdated. Greg had been updating like a mad person(read: Vazkii).

I believe you. :) CBG has been posting daily updates on that mod.

That line above was me thinking to myself
  • if I should do something with GT 1.7, or
  • if I should spend the time and effort to finish the hqm pack so lovingly put together by CBG, or,
  • if I should also play in parallel, the Infitech pack (yay! EXBL pack ;) ) I downloaded last month as TPPI and AMP were overwhelming me with their mod choices...
:(

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

• if I should spend the time and effort to finish the hqm pack so lovingly put together by CBG, or,
  • if I should also play in parallel, the Infitech pack (yay! EXBL pack ;) ) I downloaded last month as TPPI and AMP were overwhelming me with their mod choices...
Its a wonderful, beautiful conundrum :)

Reactions: AlCapella

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019

You should totally play with gregtech in 1.7 it's so awesome! At first it's very Grindy but it looks fun later on ;)

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
So I have been grinding away i found redstone , tin , lapis , coal , galena (silver) vien

12177[/ATTACH] [/sopiler]
Here is a pic of the galena one
2014-07-25_14.46.25.png

Also Tin
2014-07-25_15.12.38.png

Can u spot the tin?
2014-07-25_15.20.40.png

[The Veins]12179[/ATTACH]
Lol anyway WAILA helps alot.

A guy traded me three stacks of copper for a redstone vien

This should be enough copper and tin to start the bronze age :)

screenshot.PNG

I couldnt start a house because i was busy it doesnt look like much but this is like alot of game time. So i thought gregtech 1.7 was going to be hard but really its not. Its hard to find ores viens but once u do its like hitting the jack pot :). In the tin mine i think there was about 12 stacks of tin atleast i just got tired of mining it. So next time i want to make / start a smeltery then maybe a house and if I have time botania or gregtech's bronze age.

Anyway tell me what u guys would like to see!

Last edited:

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
O Big King! (MegaRaja?) ;)
Good to know you're back minecrafting again!

So, bloody greg with his bloody textures again! :p Okay, I like your narrative so far. Just go with the progression tiers in GT the way it is is meant to be.
Unsurprisingly grindy gregtech has been, well,
.... unsurprising so far for 1.7 as well :)

General thoughts:
1. Would you be so kind as to play this with faithful32 pack, or with that other pack so I cannot be repeatedly reminded of how p*&@ ugly those textures are? :D
2 Just edit those pictures in all your posts, and add
Code:
[spoiler="images"][/spoiler]
tags around them. The page loading time for this thread is getting unwieldy.
3. So, can you use one of his fancy titanium ores in a TiCo smeltery to make yourself an uber pickaxe, like with mariculture titanium? Those picks have fantastic mining speeds and Cobalt mining level.
4. All this talk about massive veins are all good, but next time you get one of those (or go back to the ones you've all mined out so far), go to the very end of the vein, face the vein opening, and take a screenshot of the entire vein length. It'll help us gain some perspective.

5. Look after your health first and foremost! :)

P.S: Where did you get that "keep calm and carry on" GT version? It's funny!

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
O Big King! (MegaRaja?) ;)
Good to know you're back minecrafting again!

So, bloody greg with his bloody textures again! :p Okay, I like your narrative so far. Just go with the progression tiers in GT the way it is is meant to be.
Unsurprisingly grindy gregtech has been, well,
.... unsurprising so far for 1.7 as well :)

General thoughts:
1. Would you be so kind as to play this with faithful32 pack, or with that other pack so I cannot be repeatedly reminded of how p*&@ ugly those textures are? :D
2 Just edit those pictures in all your posts, and add
Code:
[spoiler="images"][/spoiler]
tags around them. The page loading time for this thread is getting unwieldy.
3. So, can you use one of his fancy titanium ores in a TiCo smeltery to make yourself an uber pickaxe, like with mariculture titanium? Those picks have fantastic mining speeds and Cobalt mining level.
4. All this talk about massive veins are all good, but next time you get one of those (or go back to the ones you've all mined out so far), go to the very end of the vein, face the vein opening, and take a screenshot of the entire vein length. It'll help us gain some perspective.

5. Look after your health first and foremost! :)

P.S: Where did you get that "keep calm and carry on" GT version? It's funny!

1. Whoops! looks like I forgot to change to soartex.
2. Hmm i tried with my latest post is that how u do it? its still kind of confusing. :)
3. Thats a great idea! now only to find some titanium.
4. Yeah i can do that most of them are like 8 high and 3x3 chunks in diameter.
5. Yeah feeling way better now. :)

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
1. Whoops! looks like I forgot to change to soartex.
2. Hmm i tried with my latest post is that how u do it? its still kind of confusing. :)
3. Thats a great idea! now only to find some titanium.
4. Yeah i can do that most of them are like 8 high and 3x3 chunks in diameter.
5. Yeah feeling way better now. :)
P.S. I got it of my friend i dont know if he made it or got it of someone ;)

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
2014-07-19_14-44-39-png.12087

^^ I copied your earlier image and typed the "spoiler" tag around it. See below.

Code:
[SPOILER="Pictures"]
[IMG]http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/attachments/2014-07-19_14-44-39-png.12087/[/IMG]
[/SPOILER]

You should type the command correctly too. ;) In your attempt you have typed "[/sopiler]" which is not "[/spoiler]" :p and that's why it broke on you :)

Reactions: MegaRaja54321