[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the all the help, @SpwnX . Our 1.7.10 is looking pretty spiffy now. 4x BC water tanks into a line of starter bronze boilers, feeding steam into a decent-sized RC iron tank, and steam from there (bottom valve !!) going into line of bronze starter machines.

It mostly works the way it worked in 1.6.4, but the machines have been tweaked. If a machine is starved for steam, it will continue sucking down steam and doing nothing. This provides *hard* incentive to upgrade pipes, which we did. Props to @Pyure - he did most of the work there while I focused on our trees and crops, Thaumcraft, and harvesting ores.

Also, the Bronze Steam Hammer is wicked fast !! Especially on crushed ores. It goes them like butter.

We have 2x Macerators, and could probably use more. They are critical for ore processing. They are also slow and consume a decent amount of steam.

Bronze Blast Furnace works pretty much the same. We have 4x in the standard "shared wall" setup. External dimensions for the "shared wall" setup is 5x5x4 for now. Will expand as we get more bronze. Have 1 stack of steel so far.

Don't want to steal @Pyure ' s thunder, but he got something very cool from Railcraft working. It's too expensive to run (for now), but it works.

Thaumcraft and Bees are underway. *Almost* have wooden Harvest + Order (re-plant) golems and gather golems to automate wheat/seed production. Once I have enough seeds, it's Apiary time !!

Our (@Pyure and I so far) are aiming for as steamy of a power setup as possible, so MJ power is commercial steam engines. Feeding just a squeezer and carpenter to make apiaries. Once I have 10 apiaries, I'll start breeding bees. It's frustrating before then.[DOUBLEPOST=1410028933][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello again. I got the server working by trying what you suggested. Thank you for the help. Forge 1147 worked well for me, and I had to install that version of Forge into an empty folder and then copy all the mods, configs, and scripts folders in. Then, after successfully testing it with the Forge install, I had to wholesale copy all of that into my regular server folder location, which I had emptied out in preparation for this. Forge and/or the mods did not seem to play well with existing server files, even when I deleted ALL the old mods, configs, scripts, etc. For some reason, installing a fresh Forge into a new location and then bringing the mods TO that installation worked better.

However, now, I am having lots of instability with the server, even when using your Java arguments (I have used a very similar set of args for our 1.6.4 servers). I make it all the way through the FML ServerStart event and I cleanly start the server, and then for some reason the server decides to stop, and it saves the world and cleanly issues a ServerStopping event, at which point it shuts everything down and closes Java. This happens anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes after actually starting the server. There is no crash, no crash report log, and no errors or even warnings in the Forge event log. It just seems to issue a server stop command to itself, silently, and then cleanly shuts down.

Thoughts? At this point, I may just take my ball and go home and ask if I can play with you and Pyure.

Huh. When you're logged in to the console, how far does it get ? Also, can you login (join) the server before it craps out ?

What are your hardware (machine) specs for the server ? I'm using Ubuntu 14 on Intel i5 4590s w/16GB RAM and SSD.

@MajPayne21 : Shoot me a private message if you want in. For the client, since it's 1.7.10, it's based upon the vanilla MC launcher setup. I have the full client distro in my Dropbox ready to share. @Pyure got it working the first time in his MultiMC setup, even though I copied it from my vanilla MC launcher setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Btw... official 1.7.10 version has been submitted so it will be up in 72hrs +/-[DOUBLEPOST=1410029443][/DOUBLEPOST]Extra bees included... Magic bees will be in later update... IHL will not be included just yet... need to get permission from the author

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ok managed to get a permission for IHL, so it will be in the first 1.7.10 update... About magic bees... i will need to do some tests first. so those will be in update after this one

Reactions: Pyure

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
I got another suggestion for the ones that need much RF (and have plenty of EU) : EnetBridge by Player.
There are some balance issues that needs to be addressed though.

@Jason McRay : Redistribution is allowed within the license.

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
i wiped my ftb overnight and reinstalled everything, so far the memory leak is stopping at around 3.4GB, which is closer to what i set it to ... debug screen still only peaks at 2gb though.
I have to say that im having issues finding any kind of minerals beyond smalls, mainly because i keep dying - creepers make me sick :p
All ive really managed to do is set up a small base on a hill, the coking oven is my crowning achievement so far :oops:
im not fond of mapwriter, though its range is higher than that of zans it just dosnt show the same level of detail.
Trying to make a full set of harvestcraft leather armor is time consuming, but its better than wandering around naked with my luck, even if im not dividing my attention between Black Lagoon and Minecraft.
Flint swords are OP on animals, everything but sheep cook themselves xD
I also think Azanor has gone a little overboard with taint generation in this version of Thaumcraft, i made a map to screw around with creative mode and test stuff on, flew into a taint biome that extended as far as the eye could see ...o_O

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the all the help, @SpwnX . Our 1.7.10 is looking pretty spiffy now. 4x BC water tanks into a line of starter bronze boilers, feeding steam into a decent-sized RC iron tank, and steam from there (bottom valve !!) going into line of bronze starter machines.

It mostly works the way it worked in 1.6.4, but the machines have been tweaked. If a machine is starved for steam, it will continue sucking down steam and doing nothing. This provides *hard* incentive to upgrade pipes, which we did. Props to @Pyure - he did most of the work there while I focused on our trees and crops, Thaumcraft, and harvesting ores.

Also, the Bronze Steam Hammer is wicked fast !! Especially on crushed ores. It goes them like butter.

We have 2x Macerators, and could probably use more. They are critical for ore processing. They are also slow and consume a decent amount of steam.

Bronze Blast Furnace works pretty much the same. We have 4x in the standard "shared wall" setup. External dimensions for the "shared wall" setup is 5x5x4 for now. Will expand as we get more bronze. Have 1 stack of steel so far.

Don't want to steal @Pyure ' s thunder, but he got something very cool from Railcraft working. It's too expensive to run (for now), but it works.

Thaumcraft and Bees are underway. *Almost* have wooden Harvest + Order (re-plant) golems and gather golems to automate wheat/seed production. Once I have enough seeds, it's Apiary time !!

Our (@Pyure and I so far) are aiming for as steamy of a power setup as possible, so MJ power is commercial steam engines. Feeding just a squeezer and carpenter to make apiaries. Once I have 10 apiaries, I'll start breeding bees. It's frustrating before then.[DOUBLEPOST=1410028933][/DOUBLEPOST]

Huh. When you're logged in to the console, how far does it get ? Also, can you login (join) the server before it craps out ?

What are your hardware (machine) specs for the server ? I'm using Ubuntu 14 on Intel i5 4590s w/16GB RAM and SSD.

@MajPayne21 : Shoot me a private message if you want in. For the client, since it's 1.7.10, it's based upon the vanilla MC launcher setup. I have the full client distro in my Dropbox ready to share. @Pyure got it working the first time in his MultiMC setup, even though I copied it from my vanilla MC launcher setup.

Thanks very much for the help on the server. We use an admin panel for resource management with our dedicated server. There was a quirk in the configuration of the panel that was causing the server to shut itself down as soon as it started. I bypassed the admin panel and it was fine.

With your java arguments (I changed to allocate 4 GB of RAM), I am having SERIOUS chugging every 30 seconds or so. Opis shows tick time at 35-45 ms during normal play, and then it looks like a couple of times a minute, the garbage collection algorithm is called and tick time goes up to 200-600 ms, the whole server freezes, and then it violently catches up. This is manageable when 2-4 people are online, but anything 4+ makes it pretty much unplayable. I am using Fastcraft 1.6 on the server, and it makes it bearable, but we ran a serious Monster server most recently and had zero problems. I am left to conclude that MC 1.7.2 is very poorly optimized and is really going to be a challenge from a server admin perspective (unless there is something else I am missing).

@Jason McRay, is the world going to be able to be carried over from 1.7.2 to 1.7.10? We just started the world, so it wouldn't be the end of the world to start over, but it would be nice to preserve our doings for the past couple of days. Great job on the pack, by the way. We are really enjoying it so far, server performance issues aside.

Two questions:

How do I extract creosote oil from my coke ovens? I have small bronze fluid pipes but they will not extract. Same LV pump cover as Pyure's question above?

How do I craft pistons? What the hell, it shows that the vanilla recipe works, but I can't get it to work. The other option is to use wood plates, which require a compressor, but the compressor requires pistons. Clearly, some people have gotten past this, but I can't craft pistons with cobble, redstone, iron, and jungle or dark wood planks. Halp?

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
With your java arguments (I changed to allocate 4 GB of RAM), I am having SERIOUS chugging every 30 seconds or so. Opis shows tick time at 35-45 ms during normal play, and then it looks like a couple of times a minute, the garbage collection algorithm is called and tick time goes up to 200-600 ms, the whole server freezes, and then it violently catches up. This is manageable when 2-4 people are online, but anything 4+ makes it pretty much unplayable. I am using Fastcraft 1.6 on the server, and it makes it bearable, but we ran a serious Monster server most recently and had zero problems. I am left to conclude that MC 1.7.2 is very poorly optimized and is really going to be a challenge from a server admin perspective (unless there is something else I am missing).

If you do some digging, you'll find that this isnt just happening on 1.7.2 - alot of users are getting it on crash landing for 1.6.4 too, ive experienced this issue with any pack ive played on FTB recently apart from ME^3 and Technicataclysm, and the old 1.4.7 Mindcrack Pack.
Some people blame it on stuffed TE ducts, which is an issue but only where TE3 is present in the pack.
Others blame it on special mobs and zombie awareness, im aware the latter causes serious issues on lower end machines and is best left disabled for that reason, special mobs also causes alot of lag and resource consumption.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Btw... official 1.7.10 version has been submitted so it will be up in 72hrs +/-

Buses! You wait for ages for one, then three come along at once!

P.S: Oh, and I suppose fans of the pack should send a "Thank You" note to @MigukNamja (and "big boat" Brody @Pyure ) for enabling this "big push" from the Infinity pack's trenches (I like to think that the last team meeting referenced his private pack as proof that the 1.7.10 mods and the 1.7.2 pack's config is ready enough to let loose to the wide world). He He. :D

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
@Jason McRay, is the world going to be able to be carried over from 1.7.2 to 1.7.10? We just started the world, so it wouldn't be the end of the world to start over, but it would be nice to preserve our doings for the past couple of days. Great job on the pack, by the way. We are really enjoying it so far, server performance issues aside.

1.7.2 world will be able to carry over to 1.7.10... there might be some blocks missing, but the world itself should work without any big problems.[DOUBLEPOST=1410091804][/DOUBLEPOST]
Buses! You wait for ages for one, then three come along at once!

P.S: Oh, and I suppose fans of the pack should send a "Thank You" note to @MigukNamja (and "big boat" Brody @Pyure ) for enabling this "big push" from the Infinity pack's trenches (I like to think that the last team meeting referenced his private pack as proof that the 1.7.10 mods and the 1.7.2 pack's config is ready enough to let loose to the wide world). He He. :D
The delay is mostly because stability... We were waiting for GT to be stable to use in 1.7.10... Then also MineTweaker3 wasnt supporting GT in 1.7.10.

And lastly i didn't have time to do any updating.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
How do I craft pistons? What the hell, it shows that the vanilla recipe works, but I can't get it to work. The other option is to use wood plates, which require a compressor, but the compressor requires pistons. Clearly, some people have gotten past this, but I can't craft pistons with cobble, redstone, iron, and jungle or dark wood planks. Halp?

I've been crafting pistons with birch wood planks. I think I used Oak, too.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
1.7.2 world will be able to carry over to 1.7.10... there might be some blocks missing, but the world itself should work without any big problems.[DOUBLEPOST=1410091804][/DOUBLEPOST]
The delay is mostly because stability... We were waiting for GT to be stable to use in 1.7.10... Then also MineTweaker3 wasnt supporting GT in 1.7.10.

Thanks, @Jason McRay . You indeed have put a huge amount of your time into this pack and it shows.

@AlCapella : I have been on 1.7.10 simply because of ExtraBees/Trees and MagicBees. I probably didn't help Jason much by doing that, but if that helped in any way such as testing the stability of 1.7.10 with the mods and all of Jason's work copied from 1.7.2, then that is a bonus. The last thing I wanted to do, however, was to put pressure on Jason and team. I have been enjoying the pack thoroughly :)

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks, @Jason McRay . You indeed have put a huge amount of your time into this pack and it shows.

@AlCapella : I have been on 1.7.10 simply because of ExtraBees/Trees and MagicBees. I probably didn't help Jason much by doing that, but if that helped in any way such as testing the stability of 1.7.10 with the mods and all of Jason's work copied from 1.7.2, then that is a bonus. The last thing I wanted to do, however, was to put pressure on Jason and team. I have been enjoying the pack thoroughly :)

I am sorry if my remarks were a little out of place. It was just some (gentle, imho) leg pulling. The whole ongoing 1.7.x lag saga has just made me a little irreverent towards the whole game.

The transition from 1.6.4 to 1.7.x has been pretty rough to me as a gamer. If anything it was probably 50x harder for the modders and at least 5x harder for pack makers. I am aware of this. Thanks for the pack.

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
@Jason McRay, there's a pretty major problem with the pack on the FTB launcher as of 11 AM Pacific time on Sunday. The minecraft version of the pack has been moved to 1.7.10, even though modpack version 1.1.0 isn't "recommended" yet. This means anyone attempting to launch pack version 1.0.4 (for MC 1.7.2) is going to attempt to use 1.7.10 to launch it, thus causing the pack to crash because 1.7.10 isn't what it expects.

If you force update to pack version 1.1.0, the following crash happens (at least for me):

Code:
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Injection complete
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Running coremod plugin for LoadingPlugin {com.dynious.refinedrelocation.asm.LoadingPlugin}
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Running coremod plugin LoadingPlugin
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Coremod plugin class LoadingPlugin run successfully
[10:53:29] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper/]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Injecting coremod ASMPlugin {squeek.spiceoflife.asm.ASMPlugin} class transformers
[10:53:29] [main/TRACE] [FML/]: Registering transformer squeek.spiceoflife.asm.ClassTransformer
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Running coremod plugin for ASMPlugin {squeek.spiceoflife.asm.ASMPlugin}
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Running coremod plugin ASMPlugin
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Coremod plugin class ASMPlugin run successfully
[10:53:29] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper/]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Injecting coremod DepLoader {thaumcraft.codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader} class transformers
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Running coremod plugin for DepLoader {thaumcraft.codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader}
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Running coremod plugin DepLoader
[10:53:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [thaumcraft.codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader$DepLoadInst:checkExisting:459]: Warning: version of bspkrsCore, 6.14 is newer than request 6.12
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Coremod plugin class DepLoader run successfully
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Injecting coremod ThaumicTLoaderContainer {thaumic.tinkerer.preloader.ThaumicTLoaderContainer} class transformers
[10:53:29] [main/TRACE] [FML/]: Registering transformer thaumic.tinkerer.preloader.AccessTransformer
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Loaded 13 rules from AccessTransformer config file ThaumicTinkerer_at.cfg

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Running coremod plugin for ThaumicTLoaderContainer {thaumic.tinkerer.preloader.ThaumicTLoaderContainer}
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Running coremod plugin ThaumicTLoaderContainer
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Coremod plugin class ThaumicTLoaderContainer run successfully
[10:53:29] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper/]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLDeobfTweaker
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Loaded 46 rules from AccessTransformer config file fml_at.cfg

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Loaded 89 rules from AccessTransformer config file forge_at.cfg

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Loaded 46 rules from AccessTransformer config file fml_at.cfg

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [CodeChickenCore/]: Adding Accesstransformer map: micdoodlecore_at.cfg
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Loaded 75 rules from AccessTransformer config file micdoodlecore_at.cfg

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [CodeChickenCore/]: Adding Accesstransformer map: mobius_at.cfg
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Loaded 77 rules from AccessTransformer config file mobius_at.cfg

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [CodeChickenCore/]: Adding Accesstransformer map: nei_at.cfg
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Loaded 88 rules from AccessTransformer config file nei_at.cfg

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Loaded 9 rules from AccessTransformer config file invtweaks_at.cfg

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Loaded 29 rules from AccessTransformer config file micdoodlecore_at.cfg

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Loaded 13 rules from AccessTransformer config file ThaumicTinkerer_at.cfg

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Validating minecraft
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Minecraft validated, launching...
[10:53:29] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper/]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.TerminalTweaker
[10:53:29] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper/]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.TerminalTweaker
[10:53:30] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper/]: Launching wrapped minecraft {net.minecraft.client.main.Main}
[10:53:30] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Runtime patching class net/minecraft/world/IBlockAccess (input size 250), found 1 patch
[10:53:30] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Successfully applied runtime patches for net/minecraft/world/IBlockAccess (new size 540)
[10:53:30] [main/DEBUG] [SpiceOfLife/]: Patching GuiScreen...
[10:53:30] [main/DEBUG] [SpiceOfLife/]:  Patched drawHoveringText
[10:53:30] [main/INFO] [STDOUT/]: [micdoodle8.mods.miccore.MicdoodleTransformer:printLog:1738]: Galacticraft successfully injected bytecode into: sv (1 / 1)
[10:53:30] [main/INFO] [STDOUT/]: [micdoodle8.mods.miccore.MicdoodleTransformer:printLog:1738]: Galacticraft successfully injected bytecode into: sa (1 / 1)
[10:53:30] [main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper/]: Unable to launch
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:134) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/world/World
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:72) ~[Main.class:?]
    ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.world.World
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:188) ~[launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
    ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: cpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/PlayerEvent$PlayerChangedDimensionEvent
    at mcp.mobius.mobiuscore.asm.ObfTable.isCauldron(ObfTable.java:131) ~[MobiusCore-1.2.3_1.7.10.jar:?]
    at mcp.mobius.mobiuscore.asm.CoreTransformer.transform(CoreTransformer.java:51) ~[MobiusCore-1.2.3_1.7.10.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchClassLoader.java:276) ~[launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:174) ~[launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
    ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.gameevent.PlayerEvent$PlayerChangedDimensionEvent
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:188) ~[launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
    at mcp.mobius.mobiuscore.asm.ObfTable.isCauldron(ObfTable.java:131) ~[MobiusCore-1.2.3_1.7.10.jar:?]
    at mcp.mobius.mobiuscore.asm.CoreTransformer.transform(CoreTransformer.java:51) ~[MobiusCore-1.2.3_1.7.10.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchClassLoader.java:276) ~[launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:174) ~[launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
    ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: cpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/PlayerEvent
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:180) ~[launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
    ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.gameevent.PlayerEvent
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:99) ~[launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:180) ~[launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
    ... 6 more

The net result is that no one can launch pack version 1.0.4 or pack version 1.1.0. I have also duplicated this issue on my wife's computer. I will try deleting the InfiTech folder and starting a new download.

If this is an ongoing problem, perhaps make a new third party pack for InfiTech for MC 1.7.10?

Lastly, I really appreciate all the work on the pack!

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i updated the pack and now i get this:

Edit:

@Jason McRay, there's a pretty major problem with the pack on the FTB launcher as of 11 AM Pacific time on Sunday. The minecraft version of the pack has been moved to 1.7.10, even though modpack version 1.1.0 isn't "recommended" yet. This means anyone attempting to launch pack version 1.0.4 (for MC 1.7.2) is going to attempt to use 1.7.10 to launch it, thus causing the pack to crash because 1.7.10 isn't what it expects.

If you force update to pack version 1.1.0, the following crash happens (at least for me):

Code:
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Running coremod plugin for LoadingPlugin {com.dynious.refinedrelocation.asm.LoadingPlugin}
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Running coremod plugin LoadingPlugin
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Coremod plugin class LoadingPlugin run successfully
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Injecting coremod ASMPlugin {squeek.spiceoflife.asm.ASMPlugin} class transformers
[10:53:29] [main/TRACE] [FML/]: Registering transformer squeek.spiceoflife.asm.ClassTransformer
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Running coremod plugin for ASMPlugin {squeek.spiceoflife.asm.ASMPlugin}
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Running coremod plugin ASMPlugin
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Coremod plugin class ASMPlugin run successfully
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Injecting coremod DepLoader {thaumcraft.codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader} class transformers
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Running coremod plugin for DepLoader {thaumcraft.codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader}
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Running coremod plugin DepLoader
[10:53:29] [main/INFO] [STDERR/]: [thaumcraft.codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader$DepLoadInst:checkExisting:459]: Warning: version of bspkrsCore, 6.14 is newer than request 6.12
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Coremod plugin class DepLoader run successfully
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Injecting coremod ThaumicTLoaderContainer {thaumic.tinkerer.preloader.ThaumicTLoaderContainer} class transformers
[10:53:29] [main/TRACE] [FML/]: Registering transformer thaumic.tinkerer.preloader.AccessTransformer

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Running coremod plugin for ThaumicTLoaderContainer {thaumic.tinkerer.preloader.ThaumicTLoaderContainer}
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Running coremod plugin ThaumicTLoaderContainer
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Coremod plugin class ThaumicTLoaderContainer run successfully
[10:53:29] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper/]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLDeobfTweaker

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Loaded 89 rules from AccessTransformer config file forge_at.cfg

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [CodeChickenCore/]: Adding Accesstransformer map: micdoodlecore_at.cfg
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Loaded 75 rules from AccessTransformer config file micdoodlecore_at.cfg

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [CodeChickenCore/]: Adding Accesstransformer map: mobius_at.cfg
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Loaded 77 rules from AccessTransformer config file mobius_at.cfg

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [CodeChickenCore/]: Adding Accesstransformer map: nei_at.cfg
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Loaded 88 rules from AccessTransformer config file nei_at.cfg

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Loaded 9 rules from AccessTransformer config file invtweaks_at.cfg

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Loaded 29 rules from AccessTransformer config file micdoodlecore_at.cfg

[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Validating minecraft
[10:53:29] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Minecraft validated, launching...
[10:53:29] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper/]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.TerminalTweaker
[10:53:29] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper/]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.TerminalTweaker
[10:53:30] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper/]: Launching wrapped minecraft {net.minecraft.client.main.Main}
[10:53:30] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Runtime patching class net/minecraft/world/IBlockAccess (input size 250), found 1 patch
[10:53:30] [main/DEBUG] [FML/]: Successfully applied runtime patches for net/minecraft/world/IBlockAccess (new size 540)
[10:53:30] [main/DEBUG] [SpiceOfLife/]: Patching GuiScreen...
[10:53:30] [main/DEBUG] [SpiceOfLife/]:  Patched drawHoveringText
[10:53:30] [main/INFO] [STDOUT/]: [micdoodle8.mods.miccore.MicdoodleTransformer:printLog:1738]: Galacticraft successfully injected bytecode into: sv (1 / 1)
[10:53:30] [main/INFO] [STDOUT/]: [micdoodle8.mods.miccore.MicdoodleTransformer:printLog:1738]: Galacticraft successfully injected bytecode into: sa (1 / 1)
[10:53:30] [main/ERROR] [LaunchWrapper/]: Unable to launch
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_51]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:134) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/world/World
    ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.world.World
    ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: cpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/PlayerEvent$PlayerChangedDimensionEvent
    ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.gameevent.PlayerEvent$PlayerChangedDimensionEvent
    ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: cpw/mods/fml/common/gameevent/PlayerEvent
    ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.gameevent.PlayerEvent
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:99) ~[launchwrapper-1.9.jar:?]
    ... 6 more

The net result is that no one can launch pack version 1.0.4 or pack version 1.1.0. I have also duplicated this issue on my wife's computer. I will try deleting the InfiTech folder and starting a new download.

If this is an ongoing problem, perhaps make a new third party pack for InfiTech for MC 1.7.10?

Lastly, I really appreciate all the work on the pack!

Well, f*ck ... posted pretty much at the same time with the same error ...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Please try to do following: Delete the InfiTech2 isntance (keep the saves folder). And start the 1.1.0.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
[14:56:53] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[14:56:53] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Using primary tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[14:56:53] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[14:56:53] [main/INFO] [FML]: Forge Mod Loader version 7.2.217.1161 for Minecraft 1.7.2 loading
[14:56:53] [main/INFO] [FML]: Java is Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.7.0_67, running on Windows 7:amd64:6.1, installed at C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
[14:56:53] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod appeng.transformer.AppEngCore does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[14:56:53] [main/INFO] [FML]: [AppEng] Core Init
[14:56:53] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod codechicken.core.launch.CodeChickenCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
Warning: version of Baubles, 1.0.0.16 is newer than request 1.0.0.13
Warning: version of bspkrsCore, 6.11 is newer than request 6.9
[14:56:53] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[14:56:53] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod ic2.core.coremod.IC2core does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[14:56:53] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod invtweaks.forge.asm.FMLPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[14:56:53] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod chylex.java7check.JavaCheckerCoremod does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[14:56:53] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod micdoodle8.mods.miccore.MicdoodlePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[14:56:53] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod mcp.mobius.mobiuscore.asm.CoreDescription does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[14:56:53] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod codechicken.nei.asm.NEICorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[14:56:53] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod li.cil.oc.common.launch.TransformerLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[14:56:53] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod openeye.CorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[14:56:53] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[14:56:53] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod com.dynious.refinedrelocation.asm.LoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[14:56:53] [main/WARN] [FML]: The coremod thaumic.tinkerer.preloader.ThaumicTLoaderContainer does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
[14:56:53] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[14:56:53] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLDeobfTweaker
[14:56:53] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[14:56:53] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
[14:56:53] [main/INFO] [LaunchWrapper]: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper
[14:56:54] [main/ERROR] [FML]: There is a binary discrepency between the expected input class btj (btj) and the actual class. Checksum on disk is 535c663b, in patch 12c444b4. Things are probably about to go very wrong. Did you put something into the jar file?
[14:56:54] [main/ERROR] [FML]: The game is going to exit, because this is a critical error, and it is very improbable that the modded game will work, please obtain clean jar files.

This is what i got on an attempt to scale back a version, btw.

Edit:
Please try to do following: Delete the InfiTech2 isntance (keep the saves folder). And start the 1.1.0.
Nope, still crashes with the same error.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Saying it once more... backup your saves and fully delete the Infitech 2 folder in your FTB folder.... then try to download the 1.1.0 pack (select it from the dropdown menu)

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
And i'm going to say it once more myself:
it.didn't.bloody.well.work. kapish?

For a complete rundown:
Attempt 1: deleted requested folder, moved saves ofc, attempted to redownload pack - launch, hits same point, crashes.
Attempt 2: See above.
Attempt 3: See above, but deleted version folder to ensure it wasn't a faulty minecraft.jar causing the issue.
Attempt 4: removed optimisation arguments (you never know, right?) and completed the same as above steps.
Attempt 5: Total reinstall of FTB on primary drive, same error, i dont even see the sodding splash screen.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
As a temporary walkaround please download the MultiMC and set up the instance:

1) www.multimc.org - download
2) Start MultiMC
3) Click on new instance icon on top left
4) give it a name and select the version 1.7.10
5) on the right click on Instance Folder
6) move everything from InfiTech2\minecraft to multiMC instance folder you just opened
7) in MultiMC select Edit Instance on the right
8) In the new window click on install forge and install the 10.13.1.1212 version
9) close the Edit Instance window
10) Hit play

edit: if you for some reason want to stay in 1.0.4 do the same steps with these changes:
4) select version 1.7.2
8) install the latest forge for 1.7.2

edit2: If the problem will not be sorted, I will make the completely different pack (new pack code). But first i want to wait for FTB guys to let me know, if they can fix it.

edit3: If you are strugling to get it to work try the latest Forge version. If that will still be a problem, start up with version 1208.

Last edited: