[1.7.10] Ultimate Questpack [WIP][800+ Quests][HQM][OpenWorld]

What mod would you like me to create quests for?

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Jul 29, 2019
Also I haven't been able to thank you properly for over 1000 downloads! This was not in my wildest dreams and I really appreciate it, along with all the nice comments and help I have got. Thank you! :)

You deserve those downloads! This mod pack is awesome, and continuing to grow! It's really a lot of fun, and is helping to expand my boundaries into other mods that I've never stepped into before.

Reactions: Fuuzect

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got a server for this modpack, lately i've been in a slump and wondering if maybe doing a multiplayer server would help bring my imagination back to life since i can't find myself playing more than 10-20 minutes at a time lately.

Ralph_VX

Jul 29, 2019
Do I need to re-create a world after modpack update?
When i try to load an exist world from 1.1.2, the game stops at loading screen and generate an enumerously large log file filled with lines as follow:
Code:
[12:12:26] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Do I have some way to continue with this save file?

ĐevE@gŁ3

Jul 29, 2019
When i try to load an exist world from 1.1.2, the game stops at loading screen and generate an enumerously large log file filled with lines as follow:
Code:
[12:12:26] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR/]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

OH NO! Please, please, load my old save world!!! My youtube series is not finish this modpack...

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
Code:

There shouldn't be any problems... Are anyone else experiencing problems? This works for my old worlds, so strange if yours crash. Have you added any mods? I know Optifine can cause crash.

Ralph_VX

Jul 29, 2019
There shouldn't be any problems... Are anyone else experiencing problems? This works for my old worlds, so strange if yours crash. Have you added any mods? I know Optifine can cause crash.
is that means if i had optifine in 1.1.2, then load the save with 1.2.0 without optifine will cause the crash?

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
is that means if i had optifine in 1.1.2, then load the save with 1.2.0 without optifine will cause the crash?

No. I think it is project red or a mod it requires that may cause a crash if you have optifine installed.

Cauliflower

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks so much for this update. I just tried to port this for our servers last night and the food bug was there. Woke up this morning to an update. If this works you will have a very happy gaming group. Thanks for all your hard work

Reactions: Fuuzect

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
So awesome this new tracker system! Love to see that people from literally all around the world have already launched the new update! USA, Canada, Australia and Russia are just some a few places

Reactions: Milo36

reaper45693

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much for the server file, will be getting it up and going soon (finishing stupid uni assignments first....) and will post here again if there are any problems/major bugs with it. *fingers crossed* for no problems :)

Wolf68k

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is caused by HQM.
I looked at the console. It hangs for a quite a while at first with "Attemping to load JABBA data."
The log then shows a 2 minute gap between the JABBA data and first sign of trouble.
Code:
[12:55:58] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Loading dimension 1 (New World) (net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer@4f6d4ece)
Attemping to load JABBA data.
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 33554431
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.quests.Quest.read(Quest.java:1283)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.Team.loadData(Team.java:852)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.loadData(QuestingData.java:605)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:513)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:497)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:403)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:102)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:432)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_816_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:73)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:92)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 15
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.quests.Quest.read(Quest.java:1283)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.Team.loadData(Team.java:852)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.loadData(QuestingData.java:605)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:513)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:497)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:403)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:102)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:432)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_816_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:73)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:92)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
[12:57:52] [Server thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
(this is from the second try, after adding HQM back)
Spits out errors about HQM, so much so that javaw.exe which is the launcher was suddenly using 3.5GB of RAM and climbing slowly. As a reference java.exe, which is the game itself, was 3.5GB at the same time.
It repeats the sections for java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 33554431 and java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 15 before flooding the console with a single line repeating, which on the second try I didn't let it get that far. It was before that point it the memory usage was at 2GB and quickly climbing.
After force quitting java.exe from the TaskManager I also have to force quit the Launcher because it can't recover either.

After disabling HQM the 1.1.2 world launches just fine with 1.2.0
After the world loaded with HQM disabled. I tried adding it back. Same bad result.

Only added MouseTweaks.
NO Optifine!

/Update1
A new world with HQM installed works just fine. Just not the older 1.1.2 world.

/Update2
This is what I get for relying on FTB for backing up my world.
I can't find the backup at all or it doesn't actually do backups for 3rd party packs
Found the backup for the configs, but not the world

/Update3
Found the updates plus the AromaBackup was able to save it before I removed the HQM as well.
Going to stick to 1.1.2 of the pack until this is fixed, if possible

Last edited:

Veloxe

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, I've been having the same problem. I worked around it by removing the players.dat and players.dat-backup from the HardcoreQuesting folder in the saves. This let the game launch just fine. Although, naturally, it removes all your quest progression. So I just went into edit mode for HQM, put all the quests back to where I was, and threw the extra reward bags I got from it in a fire. Decent workaround if you want to play a 1.1.2 save in 1.2 and don't want to wait for a fix.

theAlek

Jul 29, 2019
I worked around it by removing the players.dat and players.dat-backup from the HardcoreQuesting folder in the saves. .
:(
[Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Questing Mode isn't enabled yet. use '/hqm quest' to enable it.
/hqm quest
[Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You do not have permission to use this command

Start from the beginning is the third time I will not.

Veloxe

Jul 29, 2019
:(
[Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Questing Mode isn't enabled yet. use '/hqm quest' to enable it.
/hqm quest
[Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] You do not have permission to use this command

Start from the beginning is the third time I will not.

I assume you're playing in a world with "Allow Cheats" set to off. In your game menu chose "Open to LAN" and set "Allow Cheats" to on. Then you can do /hqm quest and any other commands you may need to do. Once you're done all that you can save and quit and HQM will work like normal.

Arsomang

Jul 29, 2019
I seems like there is a big memory leak when ever i try to play your mod. I can play for about an hour then i get bad lag and i look and java is using all my RAM. Only happens wheni play this mod pack.

Ralph_VX

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, I've been having the same problem. I worked around it by removing the players.dat and players.dat-backup from the HardcoreQuesting folder in the saves. This let the game launch just fine. Although, naturally, it removes all your quest progression. So I just went into edit mode for HQM, put all the quests back to where I was, and threw the extra reward bags I got from it in a fire. Decent workaround if you want to play a 1.1.2 save in 1.2 and don't want to wait for a fix.

This helped me and i'm now able to play in 1.2.0 with my old save, thanks!
it seems like i deleted HardcoreQuesting folder in wrong save file when i first try to do it before post my first reply, oops

ĐevE@gŁ3

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks man! This is my solution to my problem too !! THANKS !!!

Fuuzect

Jul 29, 2019
I am sorry for all the problems the new updates are causing (even though it looks like you have found a solution). I don't think I can do much about it. I try to make sure everything works when I release a new update, but it is hard because everything works for me...