[1.7.10] Tracking Player location

xukkorz

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if there is a way in 1.7.10 with mods or otherwise to run commands based on player location? I am working on a hqm mod pack that forces the player to only stand on specific types of blocks as an alternate game style but I cannot find a way to enforce the requirement in 1.7.10. What I am looking for is the execute command from 1.8 but I cannot seem to be able to find anything and writing a mod to do it seems a touch over kill.

Orien

Jul 29, 2019
You could either use the test for command or the lore expansion mod, for the lore expansion to work you will have to give it to the person as a quest reward or something,

xukkorz

Jul 29, 2019
Test for would work if the map was static but I want the blocks that the player can walk on be controlled by the player. As an example, say I want the player to only walk on wool blocks in the map. I want a way to track if the player is on wool blocks and /testfor does not do that, as far as I can tell. The command /testforblock works but I want to use tilde notation to test relative to the player's location, however the command executes relative to the command block's location. From what I can tell the Lore expansion mod would work but it only executes the command when you get the lore not at regular intervals, but I just started to look at the Lore Expansion mod. If I am incorrect please let me know lol just trying to figure out how to enforce the map.

Orien

Jul 29, 2019
You could have a command block timer that goes off after a certain amount ticks and it gives them the page. It wouldn't work if you didn't have a open slot in your inventory though

xukkorz

Jul 29, 2019
So I looked into the Lore mod and realized that it won't help me because I need to activate secondary commands based on the true false response of the command. So I'm still looking lol. Unless anyone has any other ideas.