[1.7.10] The Twilight Age [Medieval]

Discussion in 'Public Packs' started by McMustacheBro, May 16, 2015.

?

Should I add a HQM System?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. McMustacheBro

McMustacheBro New Member

[​IMG]
    Back story,
    You've been travelling through time and space going far and wide until one day you enter an invalid Stargate destination and to your surprise it ends up working but when you step through it's beyond what you recognize you have been transported back into the medieval ages forced to start again, forced to build up a kingdom and rise to be superior.

What this modpack is about,
    This modpack pretty much steps back from all the tech techy mods and pretty much hits bare bones survival taking away, ME computer systems, Thaumcraft (May add this back at some point) and forcing you to utilize the tools around you to survive and ofcourse you may be thinking survival minecraft? Pfft. Easy! - Well.. Think again seeing as this is pure survival I've included mods that sort of make survival.. well a living hell, there's infernal mobs which will pretty much ruin your day whenever they can and you maybe thinking, well that's okay then there's a rare chance for the really bad ones to spawn right? Well.. not exactly as there's also blood magic which means, Blood Moons and you cannot sleep through a blood moon and a blood moon will spawn infernals.. very very rare infernal mobs.. So, Good Luck! however it's not all bad news. You may spawn and find special ancient artifacts from your ancestors, which can give special unholy abilities.

Pack Code: TTA

Damage Indicators
    Ancient Warfare 2
    AppleCore MC
    Artifacts
    Artifice
    Asielib
    Asietweaks
    BattleTowers
    Big Reactors
    Binnie Mods
    Biomes O' Plenty
    Blood Magic
    BuildCraft
    Carpenters Blocks
    Chicken Chunks
    Code Chicken Core
    COFH Core
    Computer Craft
    Custom Main Menu
    Dense Ores
    Dragon Mounts
    Dynamic Lights
    Ender Storage
    EnderZoo
    Extra Utilities
    Eirairc
    Forestry
    Growthcraft, apples,bamboo,bees,cellar,core,fishtrap,grapes,hops,rice
    Hardcore Ender Expansion
    HungerOverhaul
    Iguana Tinker Tweaks
    Infernal Mobs
    IvToolkit
    Jabba
    Liteloader
    Magical Crops
    MalisisCore
    (Malisis Doors didn't get added because I forgot it shall appear in the next update)
    Mantle
    Mobius Core
    Mouse Tweaks
    NEIAddons
    NEIIntergration
    NEM Version Checker
    NEI (not enough items)
    OpenBlocks
    OpenModsLib
    Pandoras Box
    Quiver Bow
    Rogue Like
    Ruins
    SGCraft (Stargates)
    TabbyChat
    TConstruct
    TickDynamic
    TiCTooltips
    ttCore
    Waila
    WailaHarvestability
    WAILAPlugins
    YeGamolChattels

• Added Eirairc
    • Added Chisel
    • More Chisels
    • Added Chisel Facades
    • Added Chester (DST) Mod
    • Added Better Foilage. (For Asthetics)
    • Added Project Red
    • Added Minecraft Comes Alive
    • Added Twilight Forest
    • Updated Server from Forge to Cauldron to make room for less CPU Usage
    • Replaced Tick Dynamics Forge with Tick Dynamics Cauldron.
    ========
    • A huge amount of fixes
    ========
    • Made a few changes to the configs
    • Baubles
    • Backpack
    • Botania
    • Bibliocraft
    • Malisis Doors
    • Nether Ores
    • Added Cauldron Server

No videos yet! Make some and send them to me here, or in PM!

How to set-up a server

Known Issues:
    Server version crashing and requiring a mod called "Eureka". The temporary fix for this is to delete "Buildcraft Additions", This shall be fixed in the next update!

//
    If you want to support the creators of this pack and help build a community you can do so on Patreon!
    //
    If you have any suggestions as for mods, Or if you would like to submit artwork feel free to do so here. Also if you run into any bugs or crashes submit them here and I'll do my best to try help you out!

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    kuteycoolboy likes this.
  2. dmaster8

dmaster8 New Member

This has some good potential!

McMustacheBro likes this.
  3. McMustacheBro

McMustacheBro New Member

Thank you,

If anyone has any suggestions for mods they'd like added please do let me know, I'm thinking of setting up a HQM if anyone's familiar with that and wants to give me a hand.

4. Corneille

Corneille New Member

I do like Thaumcraft with some Addons like Forbidden Magic, Thaumic Tinkerer and Thaumic Exploration.

5. McMustacheBro

McMustacheBro New Member

I'll possibly do some testing with my testers, My girlfriend is a HUGE thaumcraft fan so I'll let her do some testing and see how it fits in a medieval setting, would probably work with the mage / wizardy things that went on back then.

6. simchajra

simchajra New Member

Not really modpack related but the image above your 'back story' doesn't seem to be loading after trying several things on my end. Anyone else got this issue or?

Beside that I'm curious where this pack will lead into. I love medieval stuff combined with magic.

7. McMustacheBro

McMustacheBro New Member

Strange? I don't see why it isn't loading for you.. that's very odd

Well currently, I'm just getting feedback on what people think so far and it seems that people are requesting a HQM system, so I may combine a HQM system with a default custom map & custom NPCs and create a whole storyline. *If anyone is good at building and wants to lend a help in hand feel free to do so!*

8. simchajra

simchajra New Member

Inspecting the image it seems hosted on dropbox which I don't use. Might be a possible cause.

9. McMustacheBro

McMustacheBro New Member

Possibly, I shall change it to imgur one second.

10. simchajra

simchajra New Member

That did it. Looks pretty neat too. :)

11. McMustacheBro

McMustacheBro New Member

Why thank you.

12. McMustacheBro

McMustacheBro New Member

WARNING: Do NOT update your clients nor servers to 1.0.3 for some unknown reasons it decides to crash and break the whole client. a fix for this is coming out soon when the update get's processed!

13. cipher101

cipher101 New Member

So, will there be a HQM? Please if you plan to add it take your time and make good quests as whole pack will then depend upon it.
    thx for the hard work.

14. McMustacheBro

McMustacheBro New Member

Yes, after I've worked on a few more little fixes there will be a HQM system, I'm going to take t ime.

15. Diplomatti

Diplomatti New Member

This looks like a nice modpack to try. I've played loads of mod packs recently. but this is the first that isn't about technology and magic. I Like HQM quests so i voted yes for that. Although i dislike packs that have quests like "get 1 wood" to start with then the next quest is "build a redstone furnace".. the difficulty curve needs to be just right.

16. McMustacheBro

McMustacheBro New Member

It will be don't worry, I'm currently looking for a couple of people who are willing to do some testing so if anyone is happy to do so drop me a PM!

17. McMustacheBro

McMustacheBro New Member

Added update 1.0.4 changelog,
    Added how to setup a server.

18. ElectricFTW

ElectricFTW New Member

It won't download.

19. McMustacheBro

McMustacheBro New Member

I just tried and it works fine for me, FTB Servers may have been having a small breakdown? or your internet just isn't working correctly.

Edit: Here's a image downloading the update 1.0.4
    [​IMG]

20. ElectricFTW

ElectricFTW New Member

It's all good now, I guess it was the FTB servers. I got it now. Great update!