[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
You found me!
I'm trying to debug a crash that happened to two of us so far. The consensus is Lycanites Mobs or Ender Zoo not playing nice.

I'm figuring its Lycanites, just due to the sheer number of mobs, special mobs, etc it spawns. Next pack update I'm updating lycanites and redoing the configs from default.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I'm figuring its Lycanites, just due to the sheer number of mobs, special mobs, etc it spawns. Next pack update I'm updating lycanites and redoing the configs from default.
I'm thinking its to do with Lycanites as well. I am flying around in a world wihtout ender zoo, and haven't crashed yet, tried one without lycanites, didn't crash.
Its either Lycanites trying to spawn a disabled mob, or something else. Best I can do, presently. I cannot figure out where to find the biome in each crash log.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking its to do with Lycanites as well. I am flying around in a world wihtout ender zoo, and haven't crashed yet, tried one without lycanites, didn't crash.
Its either Lycanites trying to spawn a disabled mob, or something else. Best I can do, presently. I cannot figure out where to find the biome in each crash log.
The crazy thing is during the entire time I've been working on the pack, flying around and exploring and making sure things are spawning correctly and in the proper amounts (and since I was and still am planning on having custom worldgen structures), I never encountered this crash.

I went through the new Lycanites configs very careful, so hopefully they resolve the issue.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Per chance, any particular reasoning you have Ender Zoo? Ender Zoo has a reputation on not playing nice with other mods.
Originally cause it was kind of interesting, but looking at it, its a handful of mob variations mostly, in a pack that's already kinda deadly. I've been considering dropping it, probably a good time to.

Reactions: ZephyrWindSpirit

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I have a lot of issues with this pack the random crashes (just cant find the reason in logs !! to fix) the early quests are lazy all seem to just require redstone & this or that, even if the items/machines do not use redstone in there craft, the fact that BoP is required for a quest & not really stated clearly, the mobs diversity seems strange dino's, well know modder ? & along with rest seems random & theme-less, the vouchers seem like a pay to play system for servers (jmho), I took a peek into the hqm files the ones I could & looks like its same ole same ole.

Sorry if I seem harsh, on reading the pack related info, I was hopeful this would be a little jem with an interesting theme, so when finding it was a run of the mill kitchen-sink pack I felt let down a little, on a brighter note I take it this pack is not yet near finished & all the above issues can be rectified to produce a fun & interesting pack, please dont take this as any form of personal attack, really its just meant as critic to help improve.

You have put a lot of work into the pack & for that I respect & commend you, I think you need to get your pack theme nailed down & work out a theme for the mobs, good luck & hope you get there.

yovliporat

Jul 29, 2019
This pack looks awesome! I'm downloading it as I'm writing this, and it seems amazing. Thank you for putting effort into writing a custom mod into the modpack, and have fun with updating it!

Just a quick question- I would like to start a youtube series on the modpack, if I can get good enough FPS while recording. Do you have any problem with that? I'll obviously give you proper credit and link this thread in the description and all of that stuff.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I have a lot of issues with this pack the random crashes (just cant find the reason in logs !! to fix) the early quests are lazy all seem to just require redstone & this or that, even if the items/machines do not use redstone in there craft,
Thank you for your constructive post, and taking the time to point out some issues you have with it in a nice manner! A few points :

If you still are interested in playing and keep crashing, please put the crash logs here so I can see them and go over them.

As for the quests, after the initial Nature/Magic/Tech quests that unlock the rest of the quests on that page, only three of those quests are actually properly set up, the rest of the quests are placeholders for unfinished major Quest lines (Usually the items you hand in are cheaper materials related to the mod/mods for those Quest lines)

the fact that BoP is required for a quest & not really stated clearly
Mmm, BoP is supposed to, before you generate your first world, mention you have to switch to it in options before Generating. I think it doesn't show up because of my mistake with my settings file. I'll try to point out a bit more clearly in the main post and within the pack itself.

the mobs diversity seems strange dino's, well know modder ? & along with rest seems random & theme-less
There really isn't a super heavy Theme like you'll find with most HQM packs.

the vouchers seem like a pay to play system for servers (jmho),
I'm not exactly sure how that works out like that? Could you elaborate?

Sorry if I seem harsh, on reading the pack related info, I was hopeful this would be a little jem with an interesting theme, so when finding it was a run of the mill kitchen-sink pack I felt let down a little
Nah, you aren't being harsh at all! A lot of your issues are quite valid. The pack isn't for everyone. Yes, it is a kitchen-sink pack, as I love kitchen-sink packs, but I also wanted to add a bit more to it with HQM and a bit of customization. I'm sorry it isn't exactly what you were hoping for.

pack theme nailed down & work out a theme for the mobs
I think part of the issue is there isn't supposed to be a heavy theme on it : the HQM quests are lighthearted, but primarily used as a way to explain and describe the majority of content in each mod, how it works, little things you may not have known about them (without looking at a Wiki). The mob variety is similar to the kitchen-sink aspect. No giant theme to it, just a lot of variety, different things to see, kill, and be killed by.

Thank you a ton for a different perspective and constructive criticisms on my modpack! It's pleasant to see, and while I might not change everything to your liking, it does help me know issues with it and possibly find ways to meet in the middle.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
This pack looks awesome! I'm downloading it as I'm writing this, and it seems amazing. Thank you for putting effort into writing a custom mod into the modpack, and have fun with updating it!

Just a quick question- I would like to start a youtube series on the modpack, if I can get good enough FPS while recording. Do you have any problem with that? I'll obviously give you proper credit and link this thread in the description and all of that stuff.
I have no issue at all with anyone making a youtube series for the modpack! Toss a link here for me to check it out if you get it rolling!

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
First off Tnx Caigan for taking the critic as it was meant as helpful insight, the vouchers are ready made donator reward type thing that (some) servers will use to reward donators, could easy end up a pay2win, but same can be said for standard reward bags & these types of server admins find a way, just seems your system is ready made for them.

Bop is a mod I am not fond of, one reason is the difficulty in locating certain biomes like desert, needed to find quicksand, this is by no means your fault its know issue with BoP & a reason I normally dont use it by default.

Ah I see a fun pack, from the little back story thing I was hoping it would be themed & find a niche like some of the well know packs

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
First off Tnx Caigan for taking the critic as it was meant as helpful insight, the vouchers are ready made donator reward type thing that (some) servers will use to reward donators, could easy end up a pay2win, but same can be said for standard reward bags & these types of server admins find a way, just seems your system is ready made for them.

Bop is a mod I am not fond of, one reason is the difficulty in locating certain biomes like desert, needed to find quicksand, this is by no means your fault its know issue with BoP & a reason I normally dont use it by default.

Ah I see a fun pack, from the little back story thing I was hoping it would be themed & find a niche like some of the well know packs
Ahh, I can kinda see where you are coming from. The Voucher system I came up with is because I wanted a way for folks who do lots of quests to get items cheaper from the Store in the Quest Tablet.

Reputation didn't work right, you can't lock it to positive reputation only, and for the number of tiers I wanted, it'd require each thing I sell to have 6 different quests. The HQM book has a max limit of quests on it, and those quests are better served for the main questlines.

And yes, Biomes O Plenty is sometimes hit and miss on generation, I agree. I think with being able to custom build worlds with RFTools helps mitigate it somewhat.

underspikey

Jul 29, 2019
Hey!
Downloaded it today, playing right now. Really enjoying it.
Found 2 bugs so far.
1: sometimes when I load the game, the logos of items in the ferret mod are all mixed up. Like the coins, the bags etc. No clue why, they all work as they should. Restarding fixes.
2: found this just now. In the quest "The Long Grind", in the Ender IO storyline, you have to turn in Coal powder. However, this is unobtainable, according to NEI. If I try to pulverize coal with the SAG mill it just turns into Pulverized coal. This can't be manually turned it.
EDIT: just tried grinding coal up in a quartz grindstone. Gave me coal dust. Can't turn this in either, tho...

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey!
Downloaded it today, playing right now. Really enjoying it.
Found 2 bugs so far.
1: sometimes when I load the game, the logos of items in the ferret mod are all mixed up. Like the coins, the bags etc. No clue why, they all work as they should. Restarding fixes.
2: found this just now. In the quest "The Long Grind", in the Ender IO storyline, you have to turn in Coal dust. However, this is unobtainable, according to NEI. If I try to pulverize coal with the SAG mill it just turns into Pulverized coal
That first one is a very...strange bug. I'm not sure what would cause that. o.o
The second one is a noted bug that'll be fixed in the updating I'll be sending in tonight or tomorrow. May not go up on the launcher till Monday, depending how busy the Third Party team is.