[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Just the initial load
Yeah, definitely some mob trying to spawn that is causing a crash. I'll keep looking into it to see if I can narrow down which one...
I'd like to echo the desire for veinminer to have more support added, blood magic tools, witchery tools, thermal expansion tools, elementium tools, project red tools, aura cascade tools, mekanism tools, thaumcraft tools, enderIO tools, magical crops tools, natura tools, and forestry tools all seem to be unsupported from a quick glance at the configs and NEI for pickaxes.

Other then that though it seems interesting from what I did, I probably won't play too much until it gets some more updates with less chance of something going wrong but it's definitely been interesting so far.
Yeah, I forgot to go through and add the proper tools myself, as the 'autodetect tools' in the config misses a ton of tools.
caigan, thanks for your time
the pack refuses to launch
This is usually due to a broken download.
In your FTB Launcher, go to Options > Advanced Options and change your download location, then back in normal Options and click Force Update, then launch the pack to redownload it.
If it crashes again, let me know which download location, and then try a different download location.

Reactions: MissLid

Warlordp

Jul 29, 2019
I made it download at a different location now
no good
its at D:\FTB
also?
could it be my RAM
i have a total of 6GB and 4 dedicated to the ftb launcher

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I made it download at a different location now
no good
its at D:\FTB
also?
could it be my RAM
i have a total of 6GB and 4 dedicated to the ftb launcher
That should be enough, hm.
Do you have it set to keep the console open when you launch a pack?
If not, check the FTB Launcher Options menu and enable Show Console and Reopen launcher after exiting minecraft. Then launch the pack again and when it crashes, switch to the console window, and in the lower left there is an "Upload Log" button. Click that, and link me to the page it uploads the log to.

Warlordp

Jul 29, 2019
caigan can i just put the log on here as a .txt file?

Attachments

• Log.txt
    179.4 KB · Views: 127

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
caigan can i just put the log on here as a .txt file?
Thats...weird, I'm not seeing anything in that log that's an outright crash error.

Can you go to the mod install directory(for you I think it'd be d:/FTB/TheFerretBusiness/minecraft ), and look for a crashreports folder, and upload the newest one in that folder?

Warlordp

Jul 29, 2019
oh... i might have a bigger issue
it's not actually crashing
it just won't launch
even after hours
Minecraft doesn't respond and the log just stops there
sorry for incomplete information
and the trouble
i just really want to play the pack

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
oh... i might have a bigger issue
it's not actually crashing
it just won't launch
even after hours
Minecraft doesn't respond and the log just stops there
sorry for incomplete information
and the trouble
i just really want to play the pack
Oh dear, thats not good. Is it only my pack thats causing issues, or is it any third party or, really, ANY pack on FTB that is doing the same thing?

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
On a happier note, lets read Storytime!
There is an unusual thing that happens. Being my size, I have to crouch when I'm trying to mine in any size of tunnel. I had been trying to mine coal, and kept cracking my head on the roof of the tunnel. I ended up crouching, but when the ore block finally broke, all of the others broke too. I had a pile of coal sitting in front of me now. Curious, I tried it on a block of ore that didn't usually break into pieces, and lo and behold, they all broke too. Its quite fascinating... Makes digging resources out of this tunnel much easier.
Another unusual thing I've found is that FISH spawn in lava pools. They are called... Cer... Cere... lava fish. When they fall to my claws, their meat flies to me, and its already cooked, fancily enough. Maybe its because it reaches me before burning up in the lava. There's a lava pool down and away from my tree, but I almost found myself swimming in it trying to find it. The quest tablet tells me that if I mix this meat with an orange powder and something else that I don't know, it will make a food that claims to give immunity to fire. I must investigate this, for these lava fish also seem to occasionally drop pudding. I like pudding. The cooked meat is spicy, and tasty.
I haven't done much exploring outside my tree, but I will be establishing myself soon. I'll run out of places to store things. Boxes take up more space then I thought.
I did manage to buy that voucher from Bitsy, and took a gander at the store that will sell me items or I'll sell to them. I need to figure out how to manage this... Some monsters drop special loot, according to the tablet. Maybe I should hunt those.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Coal Powder for the SAG Mill quest. . . . how do you get Coal Powder? Says you need ore but when you mine coal it comes out coal (not the ore), then you get pulverized coal when running it through SAG Mill or you get Coal Dust in the Grindstone.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Coal dust for the SAG Mill quest. . . . how do you get Coal Powder? Says you need ore but when you mine coal it comes out coal, then you get pulverized coal when running it through SAG Mill or you get Coal Dust in the Grindstone.
An update to either EnderIO or Thermal expansion changed the output of the SAG Mill to the Thermal Expansion version without me realizing it. The upcoming update will fix this quest. For now you can either wait, or cheat yourself in some Coal Powder as there is no actual way to get it now.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan, I'm taking the generic mob spawn error to some folks who are really good with finding errors in crashlogs and if they find something, I'll get back to you.

Edit: So I asked, and they say it appears to be forcing entities in various chunks. Potentially Infernal Mobs, but they aren't sure. It could also be a conflicting ID of different mobs. I'll keep asking around.

Edit 2: I've asked another person, and he says to create a test environment. Take out everything that does not add a 'mob'. Run a java profiler to find which mob is spawning an entity that causes a crash. Line 9 of the crash report is what causes it. I'll keep asking around.

Last edited: