[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

underspikey

Jul 29, 2019
Why is there such a time on the supply missions? I'd love to give away 2 stacks of iron ingots, but the 6 hour countdown is making it puzzlingly slow

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Why is there such a time on the supply missions? I'd love to give away 2 stacks of iron ingots, but the 6 hour countdown is making it puzzlingly slow
That's 6 minecraft hours, or roughly 5 minutes.

There's a time limit as there are multiple ways in the pack to get up to 6x ore processing, plus various heavy mining machines, quarries, etc, available fairly early.

Also at the start, you only have small contracts. Raise your rank up as a Trader will unlock bigger contracts, which have similar time limits, BUT you trade in much more at once for more profit.

Also right now there are very few contracts, as I haven't gotten around to starting to fill that out. Eventually you'll be able to get contracts for a variety of things, such as finished goods, food, etc, encouraging you to create auto-crafting setups/factories/etc.

underspikey

Jul 29, 2019
Also right now there are very few contracts, as I haven't gotten around to starting to fill that out. Eventually you'll be able to get contracts for a variety of things, such as finished goods, food, etc, encouraging you to create auto-crafting setups/factories/etc.

Ah. I was wondering about that. I'd love to get some auto-farming and stuff up, especially seeing that you have agricraft on here :)

underspikey

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason the quest that makes you do a big backpack apparently detects a normal backpack as a big one. I didn't have to make one to finish the quest.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason the quest that makes you do a big backpack apparently detects a normal backpack as a big one. I didn't have to make one to finish the quest.
Hmm, strange.

Oh, I see, I thought the mod kept the 3 bag types on seperate ID's, but they are all a single ID. Slightly annoying, but I can fix that

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan Is there anyway you can upload your previous broadcasts from Twitch to Youtube? Twitch doesn't keep past broadcasts for very long, so all the links from your player.me page don't work.
Unfortunately I don't have access to them anymore either, I always forget Twitch does this and I've lost 20+ hours of ARMA 2 shenanigans because of it =( I'll clear out my player.me thing if I can

FireVentus

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno if this is asked already but are you gonna make the ore pack purchases available continuously? At the moment it only can be purchased once and I found that a tad odd.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno if this is asked already but are you gonna make the ore pack purchases available continuously? At the moment it only can be purchased once and I found that a tad odd.
Whoops, that means I just forgot to set repeatability on them. Already fixed.

terrianneellen

Jul 29, 2019
Ahhhh, excited for the upcoming update already, I'm hoping one or two quest lines get updated, I never seen a quest book look so green and complete, lol.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, the new update is ready on my end. I'm cleaning up the files and getting the server download ready, and submitting it to the FTB Team. You can check the changelog HERE for what is changing.

Awerick11

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I like this pack, spawned with a village and 2 ae2 meteors within 200 blocks of spawn. But, three things.

A. There are too much ores.
B.There is to little redstone
C
. The questlines are not devloped

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I like this pack, spawned with a village and 2 ae2 meteors within 200 blocks of spawn. But, three things.

A. There are too much ores.
B.There is to little redstone
C
. The questlines are not devloped
A. Never too many ores. I could have added Metallurgy. I was actually thinking about it early on, but decided not to.
B. Noted, I've addressed it a bit by slightly increasing the amount of Redstone that generates.
C. This is a very early WIP release. Each new update I plan to add more and more quests.

Reactions: MissLid

ScoobieBoy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Caigan,
Great pack, having a lot of fun with it, but for some reason I cannot swap out items in the TC model.
I have tried to upgrade my sword, pick and hammer, but will not work. Did I miss a post where this is raised or explained ?
Or is it something new ?
Thanks
Scoob

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Caigan,
Great pack, having a lot of fun with it, but for some reason I cannot swap out items in the TC model.
I have tried to upgrade my sword, pick and hammer, but will not work. Did I miss a post where this is raised or explained ?
Or is it something new ?
Thanks
Scoob
Part swapping is a part of Iguana Tweaks, which I haven't added yet. The plan is for it to be added in 0.0.4 (0.0.3 is already submitted and waiting to be approved)