[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
TERRAFIRMAPUNK 2.0 IS HERE!
wt0KIlE.png

Introducing the world of Steampunk to this hardcore survival mod and making it even harder!
Welcome to TerraFirmaPunk!
Explore the ancient ruins of a long dead civilization and learn to master the Power of Steam while surviving starvation, dehydration, deadly cavins, dangerous mobs, zombie hoards, and evil boss monsters waiting around every corner.

Pack Code: TerraFirmaPunk

For more details check out the thread on the TFC forums HERE:

TerraFirmaPunk 2.0:

Mods Included:
Animal Crate by TaeoG
Antique Atlas by Hunternif
Archimedes' Ships by BalkondeurAlpha
ArmorStatusHUD by bspkrs
AutoRun by mysticdrew
Back Tools by iChun
Better Boat by SanAndreasP
Better Foliage by OctarineNoise
BiblioCraft by Nuchaz
BiblioWoods TFC by Nuchaz
Boilerplate by warlordjones, decebaldecebal
Bookshelf by Epoxide
bspkrsCore by bspkrs
Buildcraft by CovertJaguar, SirSengir, Krapht, cpw, spacetoad, asiekierka
Carpenter's Blocks by Mineshopper
Cellars for RFC by Sladki
CodeChickenCore by Chickenbones
CodeChickenLib by Chickenbones
Cogs of the Machine by Deatrathias
ComputerCraft by Dan200
CoroUtil by Corosauce
Custom Chest Loot by FatherToast
DamageIndicators by rich1051414
Decorations by alksey_t
Dragon Mounts by BarracudaATA
Dynamic Lights by AtomicStryker
Ender Zoo by CrazyPants
Ex Nihilo by Erasmus_Crowley
Farseek by delvr
FastCraft by Player
Forestry by SirSengir
Forge Multipart by Chickenbones
Hardcore Questing Mode by lorddusk, Newcastlegeek, Vswe
Hats by iChun
HerdCraft by Nakranoth
iChunUtil by iChun
Immersive Engineering by BluSunrize
Infernal Mobs by AtomicStryker
Inventory Tweaks by Kobata
JourneyMap by techbrew
JustAnotherSpawner by Crudedragos
Leather Water Sac by Emris_Morath
LogisticsPipes by davboecki, theZorro266, GUIpsp, AartBluestoke, ArtForz
Lycanite's Mobs by Lycanite
Magneticraft by cout970
Mapwriter by mapwriter, VectronDiablon
Memory Cleaner by viniciuslrangel
Metchants for TFC by Aleksey_t
MineTweaker by StanH
Mob Dismemberment by iChun
Mob Properties by FatherToast
MobiusCore by ProfMobius
ModTweaker by jaredlll08, joshie, SpitefulFox
Necromancy by AtomicStryker, sirolf2009
NEI Addons by bdew
NEI Integration by Tonius
Not Enough Items by Chickenbones
OpenBlocks by Mikeemoo, boq
OpenModsLib by Mikeemoo, boq
Opis by ProfMobius
Player API by Divisor
Professor Flaxbeard's Wondrous Steam Power Mod by Flaxbeard
Railcraft by CovertJaguar
Random Things by Lumien
Roguelike Dungeons by Greymerk
Ropes+ by AtomicStryker
Ruins by AtomicStryker
Smart Moving by Divisor
Sound Filters by Tmtravlr
SteamCraft 2 by warlordjones, ClockworkKaiser, decebaldecebal, domi1819
Storage Drawers by jaquadro
Streams by delvr
TerraFirmaCraft by bioxx
TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin by dries007
TerraFirmaPunk Tweaks by JAWolfe, OneWolfe
TerraFirmaStuff by Bunsan
TerraMisc by Powerman913717
TFC Additions by raymondbh
TFC Railcraft Compat by Vidaj
TFC Udary Mod by Bletch
tfc water compatability by vidaj
TFC-Tweaks by dries007
TFCTech Addon by Shurgent
Twilight Forest by Benimatic
Waila by ProfMobius
Waila Harvestability by squeek502
Wawla by Darkhax
Zombie Awareness by Corosauce

Versions / Change Log:
1.0.90 - 1.0.99
Are simply test versions as I progressed between 1.0 and 2.0. These are all very buggy and my be removed at some point in the near future.
2.0 Version 2.0 is a complete overhaul of 1.0 and should cannot be simply updated from 1.0!
Here are the key features added to 2.0:
  • The questbook has been fully rewritten to be more compact as well as fit better into the world of TFC.
  • The tech tree has been completely reworked to have more of a linear progression similar to the core TFC tiers of alloys.
  • Machines and technical recipes are very heavily integrated and will often require other machines in order to be crafted.
  • Many non-TFC machine parts, such as BuildCraft Gears, can no be crafted on TFC Anvils.
  • Monsters now have unique behaviors and habitats where they can be found. Learning these habits will be a key to your survival and progression!
  • Some biomes are intended to be much more dangerous and rewarding than others!
  • Lost ruins, dungeons, and caves can be very deadly to the unprepared explorer, but also very rewarding to a well equipped party of explorers. Monsters will get much more dangerous the deeper underground you travel!
  • Factorization and automation can now be achieved through the combination of technology mods added in this version, but is intended to be a large part of the End Game goals.
TerraFirmaPunk 1.0:
Mods included:
TerraFirmaCraft
Cellars for TFC
Decorations for TFC
Galena/Limonite Extraction for TFC
Lanterns for TFC
Leather Water Sac for TFC
Merchants for TFC
Antique Atlas
Archimedes Ships
Armor Status HUD
BackTools
BiblioCraft
BiblioWoods
Carpenter's Blocks
Cogs of the Machine
CritterPet
DamageIndicators
DynamicLights
ElectriCraft
GraveStones
Hardcore Quest Mode
Infernal Mobs
Inventory Tweaks
MeteorCraft
MobDismemberment
MultiMine
Necromancy
Not Enough Items
Ruins
Professor Flaxbeard's Wondrous Steam Power
RailCraft
Ropes+
RotaryCraft
Sound Filters
Streams
Tubes
Twilight Forest
WAILA
Zombie Awareness

Versions / Change Log:
0.0.3 & 0.0.4
Creative Mode Testing Only
0.0.6 Survival Mod Recipes Available
0.0.7 Twilight Forest mobs and bosses added to the Overworld
0.0.8 Began adding quest lines via Hardcore Questing Mode
0.0.9 Added Cogs of the Machine and Tubes. Finished Snow Queen Palace
0.0.10 Expanded the Quest Book and added a Server Download
0.0.11 Steam Power & Iron Age Quests added and more conversion recipes
0.0.12 Version 0.0.11 resubmitted
0.0.13 The Evil Update ... Aggressive Mobs, Dark Sciences plus much more ...
0.0.14 Steel Age & Archimedes Quests added, Fixed some Food Quests, New Mob Types Added, Re-balanced Ruin Gen, Highwind Added
0.0.15 Version 0.0.14 resubmitted to fix server download issues.
0.0.16 RotaryCraft and Necromancy quests added, netherwart/blaze ruins added, lots of new mods added.
0.0.17 MultiMine added, Liberty Head Ruin added, Steam Zombies nerfed, Quests updated and 100 loot bags added, Randomized Zombie Names.
1.0.0 Official Release! Added lots of client mods that have been requested many times, plus a couple of TFC addons and a few new ruins.
1.0.1 Skipped for Reasons.
1.0.2 Updated to TFC 0.79.17, Nerfed some Bosses, added BiblioWoods a BiblioCraft TFC addon, added General Store.

Tech Tree:
IiS9k7c.jpg

Tutorials & Developer Journals:

Special Thanks to: TechnoFirma

Cover Art Provided By: Lapis Lauri
Check out her cool Speed Art

ALTGC Podcast Interview of TerraFirmaPunk:

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
There is the core list for now. I will expand the list as I am able, and add more mods when i can get them working with TFC.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOfficialSlyBear

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Whoaboy, looks like another thing to try out soon. might even transfer over my world from technofirma. As cool as it will be, that's just it, it's not really complete. Will recipes and all still work with TerraFirmaCraft's overhaul in mechanics, like the fresh/sea water working and all that junk?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Whoaboy, looks like another thing to try out soon. might even transfer over my world from technofirma. As cool as it will be, that's just it, it's not really complete. Will recipes and all still work with TerraFirmaCraft's overhaul in mechanics, like the fresh/sea water working and all that junk?

Porting from TechnoFirma could be very interesting, and would love to hear how that goes.

The pack is currently still in its alpha stages but from my initial play tests Flaxbeards and RailCraft actually work quite well in TFC unlike almost all the other Tech mods out there.

As of right now the steam boilers and steam engines do not recognize TFC water in any form :( However the 0.0.6 and later versions of TerraFirmaPunk should have work around features for the water problem. I would be really happy if there was a way to get the steam mods to work with TFC water and be able to just directly dump in a bucket instead of having to get creative or even cheaty with the recipes.[DOUBLEPOST=1414443385][/DOUBLEPOST]This evening I will start recording some basic tutorials on how to craft and use the machines from Flaxbeards Steam Power mod.

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Okay! I'll be looking forward to it. And I see that Rotarycraft is in the pack as well, maybe the that one machine that condenses water from the air would be efficient for some sort of vanilla water to work with the rest of the mods that use steam.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Okay! I'll be looking forward to it. And I see that Rotarycraft is in the pack as well, maybe the that one machine that condenses water from the air would be efficient for some sort of vanilla water to work with the rest of the mods that use steam.

I have not spent alot of time with RotaryCraft yet so there are still alot of features that I was not aware of, in the mean time I will certainly have to check it out, thank you :D

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Rotarycraft is kind of heavy in iron usage, I do have to mention, but it should be fine! Reika doesn't like people messing with his recipes without his permission, so I'm afraid there may not be a real good way to fix this unless TFC is kind of gracious with iron ores and such (The furthest I've went in was making my first pick, I didn't really get to mine much before I moved on to play with other packs an got distracted. And that was with Technofirma back in 1.6)

Reactions: stuned

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Rotarycraft is kind of heavy in iron usage, I do have to mention, but it should be fine! Reika doesn't like people messing with his recipes without his permission, so I'm afraid there may not be a real good way to fix this unless TFC is kind of gracious with iron ores and such (The furthest I've went in was making my first pick, I didn't really get to mine much before I moved on to play with other packs an got distracted. And that was with Technofirma back in 1.6)

I managed to complete the tech tree with red and blue steel ... Finally! But this pack is going to need alot of play testing so see how balanced the tech mods are compared to serious limit TFC puts on ore generation ...

Sev07

Jul 29, 2019
If I understand the question it usually takes 8 hours in game to turn a sealed barrel into limewater, alcohol, or cheese.
but as it shows that everything is ready before the opening(unseal) of the barrel? And then I have 3 days there were barrels of ingredients and nothing happened

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Is this a bug that is happening in the TerraFirmaPunk pack? or TerraFirmaCraft by itself?

Let me test how the barrels are behaving in the pack first ... I will definitely have to look into it.

Thanks for letting me know about it :D

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
Seems an interesting pack... But i wonder though, does the mobs in Twilight Forest gonna be adjusted to TerraFirmaCraft's Health Mechanics?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Seems an interesting pack... But i wonder though, does the mobs in Twilight Forest gonna be adjusted to TerraFirmaCraft's Health Mechanics?

Yes, Mob health and drops will all have to be adjusted to fit with the TFC mechanics. These kinds of balancing issues will take some time and play testing. From what I have seen so far all of the TFC mobs have about 100 times more health than the normal vanilla mobs but I would like to give them more diversity and certain interesting features that are not normally available.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
it is impossible to create charcoal. in particular not set blocks of wood over the fire
http://clip2net.com/s/jaWJu9

Charcoal pits are no long created that way.

Quote from change logs: http://terrafirmacraft.com/change_log.html
"Rewrote how charcoal pits are created. They’ve finally reached my original vision. Firepits are no longer needed for the creation of charcoal(this was always weird right?). Instead after creating your pile of log piles and covering it over, you drop a torch on top of any logpile. After a few seconds, the torch will disappear and that logpile will mark itself for charcoal creation. It will then propagate this to all log piles that it touches. At this point it should be fully covered over lest the whole thing burn up." - bioxx