[1.7.10][Curse][Skyblock] Garden of Madness - A Garden of Glass based pack

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Splash.png

pack code: Madness

You won't find sieves and barrels in this pack! This pack relies on Garden of Glass and Agricraft to get the materials you need. Are you up for the different kind of challenges in a skyblock where resources are more limited at the start?

Pack Description:
The World Tree has died, and with it the entire world crumbled to dust and returned to the void. All that is left are the dying roots of the World Tree and the dirt in which they rest. Can you use the remnants of the World Tree to create a new world? Use your knowledge of plants and agriculture to cultivate a new world, rediscover the lost technologies of the old world, and create a new World Tree.

Garden of Madness is a Garden of glass based skyblock. You must be careful and not waste resources because it's possible to lose this pack and force you to restart. In this harder progression driven skyblock everything stems from Botania and Agricraft. While the progression isn't very deep, each tier of progression adds many new possibilities for your growing world.

No Nether Challenge
For those that want a bit more of challenge it is possible to complete the progression of the pack and unlock just about everything without visiting the nether. It just takes longer and requires use of many of the mods in the pack.

Helpful Hints
Apple juice fills you up more than apples, and you can make an apple tree to keep you full.

Need String in the early game? farm it rather than make a mob farm with spiders.

For easy new water sources use an Adjustable Chest with a rain catching upgrade, then put an empty bucket in the chest.

for a more compact cobble gen you can use an upgraded Adjustable Chest with a lava bucket and a water bucket inside.

If you can't find a magma cream to make a slime ball, go fishing! Farm Soybeams and Cotton to make fish bait and use a fish trap (needs 5x5x5 pool) to catch a jelly fish, or just fish one yourself.

Use Blood magic to generate Lava Sources to fill buckets and machines that use lava

Use Cursed earth spawned mobs to fuel a well of suffering ritual to keep your blood alter filled,

Here's a Tutorial/let's Play of How Garden of Glass works

Garden of Glass Playlist

Except I don't agree with his overly large starter mob farm, a small simple dark room farm will work.

This Mob farm is a single row of blocks with 3 blocks tall of air completely covered in slabs and surrounded by slabs so the only valid spawns are on the blocks inside. Creepers won't explode and Most Skeletons wont shoot. (watch out for baby skeletons)
2016-09-04_22.53.54.png

Mod List

If you have any trouble accessing getting something in the game or if it doesn't have generation in any world or a recipe let me know, I'll add a new Skyblock way to get it if one doesn't already exist.

Changelog
Version 1.0.4

Changes:
-Revamped the Achievement book: added more, clarified the use of bowls to fill the Petal Apothecary.
-Turned off fireworks from getting Achievemtents
-Turned off special drops from Nuclearcraft
-A few small tweaks here and there, not important.

Updated:
-Immersive Engineering
-WAWLA

- Added Alternative recipes for all IE Sheet Metal Blocks
- Changed generation in the Deep Dark to make Resonating Crystals far more common
- Removed recipe for crafting Resonating Crystals
- Corrected errors and clarified entries in the Achievement Book

- Fixed A crash that involved Blood Magic
- Updated Chisle

Small Quality of life patch
- Added AOBD 2 - For unifying ore processing
- Added Inventory Tweaks - To organize chests and inventories

-Release

Known Bugs
when shift clicking with a chisel crashes the game - Confirmed, Reason Unknown

Last edited:
Reactions: Dweesil

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
hm, i guess i could check this out later. garden of glass isnt seen too often as opposed to the alternative.

Last edited:

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
hm, i guess i could check this out later. garden of glass isnt seen too often as opposed to the alternative. also, not to be annoying, but lose has one o.

Thanks for pointing it out, I've fixed it on all my posts and submmited the correction for the launcher.

Also small quality of life update. I will be adding in AOBD to unify ore processing and Inventory Tweaks because I hate the state of my chests before logistics pipes.

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Known bug: right clicking on a blood alter with anything will cause a crash

edit:

A fix is on the way, It turns out it was a problem with the Chisle version that caused the crash

Last edited:

xXGamerFoLifeXx

Jul 29, 2019
Hey so i just started playing this pack last night and have been having a good time in it, just one question for the petal apothecary how am i suppose to get water in it?

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Hey so i just started playing this pack last night and have been having a good time in it, just one question for the petal apothecary how am i suppose to get water in it?

Use a bowl, in Garden of Glass you can fill wooden bowls with water and the source stays intact. Also the recipe for bowls has changed.

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
update:
(hopefully the last fix/balance update for the existing mods)

- Added Alternative recipes for all IE Sheet Metal Blocks
- Changed generation in the Deep Dark to make Resonating Crystals far more common
- Removed recipe for crafting Resonating Crystals
- Corrected errors and clarified entries in the Achievement Book

I'm currently combing through the pack to see if I missed anything else, so let me know If you find any problems.

After this next update there should be no more problems with IE, Nuclearcraft, or Deep Resonance. Everything will still have it's intended progression and be easily usable/accessible.

Last edited:
N

Nemo70

As far as i know, It is an unique modpack with botania GoG and agricraft/harvestcraft - it is fun to play. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: RyokuHasu

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not going to disable weeds for the default of the pack as I don't mind them personally, and I like that they make it so you need to tend to your crops, instead of letting you make automatic 10/10/10 crop breeding setups. but you are more than welcome to turn them off yourself.

in the agricraft config folder, in the Configuration.cfg change

Code:
B:"Enable weeds"=true

to

Code:
B:"Enable weeds"=false

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Is there a way to get water source blocks in this pack if I derped up early on and deleted my only water source block before being able to craft the rain upgrade for the Better Chests?

I can cheat it in if I have to or start over, but usually a skyblock will have a way of getting water source blocks that is possible with what you have available at the start. I thought it might have been possible to get a cactus to surround a bucket made from ingots dropped from a mob farm but even getting a cactus isn't possible without water.

This seems like a fairly good modpack, although it lacks a way to get early game food resources. Apple drops from trees seems like a no for my character, as they seem rarer than the normal vanilla Minecraft drop rates. Either that or the Minecraft RNG has turned itself off for my character.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get water source blocks in this pack if I derped up early on and deleted my only water source block before being able to craft the rain upgrade for the Better Chests?

I can cheat it in if I have to or start over, but usually a skyblock will have a way of getting water source blocks that is possible with what you have available at the start. I thought it might have been possible to get a cactus to surround a bucket made from ingots dropped from a mob farm but even getting a cactus isn't possible without water.

This seems like a fairly good modpack, although it lacks a way to get early game food resources. Apple drops from trees seems like a no for my character, as they seem rarer than the normal vanilla Minecraft drop rates. Either that or the Minecraft RNG has turned itself off for my character.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Ya I'd look into the water collection tanks from Agricraft. If you want to you can cheat your water back in, I didn't see anything ;D

But really it's a design choice to limit your Dirt and Water at the start, while other packs make it easy, the goal for this pack was to make it a bit more difficult to start but make the end game way more rewarding.

As for early food sources, Pam's Harvestcraft Apple Trees! Craft an apple with a sapling and BAM endless apples. You can even rapidly bone meal the apples on the tree to produce many apples at once. Turn them into apple juice for even better Hunger and Saturation.

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Speaking of limiting, a big limiting factor I'm finding is getting 3 iron for a bucket with which to fill the Petal Apothecary, to get the first Botania flowers. Or am I missing an alternative early-game means of transporting water around on this map?

If it's iron ingot drops from zombies in a mob farm I can understand that but it's going to be very grindy and slow killing enough zombies to drop iron for that purpose.

And yes, it seems the AgriCraft tanks are the way to go for water early on.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
You use a bowl to fill the petal apothecary, it keeps the only source of water you have intact.

If you deleted your water source, be prepared for the grindy task of waiting for Ingots from zombies to move water.

It may be easier to restart or cheat in a new water source if you delete your first one by accident before you have an Orechid. Just have to be extra careful in the very early game.

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I think you might want to consider some general information on how Garden of Glass modpacks work, don't need to write one up yourself just find some good information sources and add links in the original post. :D

I finally got a mob farm going, grr, damn Creepers keep blowing cobble up!

I started a second world, much easier than cheating anything in or waiting!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid