1.7.10 Shenanigans

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Soo, I tried testing out 1.7.10 mods and not even 5 seconds in there's something wrong. It seems for me for whatever reason, minecraft only wants to load in one corner and the rest is blank in the window. At first I thought a mod was doing it for some reason, conflicts y'know? Then it turns out it was forge itself causing the problem. I was using the recommended version. Would anyone be able to help? Thank you if you can. (also sorry that 89% of my threads or posts have to deal with mc issues ._.')

Reactions: Tornado3019

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Forge and 1.7.10 mods in general are a buggy mess at the moment. It would be best to wait a month or so for everything to stabilize.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
There's a pretty big damn problem with FML in 1.7.10 that pretty much renders any decent size mod pack SSP only. So no SMP as yet, this problem it seems is inherited from Mojang who derped rather badly which doesn't affect vanilla but breaks modded.

Basically connecting to a SMP 1.7.10 server will get you this http://postimg.org/image/v9bxlbdjd/ unless you remove a rather large portion of big mods (tinkers/BOP/blood magic sized mods).

The problem is FML clientside and if you look around Forge and FML githubs you'll find plenty of discussions between CPW and Lex over the matter on how they are going to resolve this, in the meantime we're stuck on 1.7.2 or very small modded 1.7.10 servers.

Last edited:

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Actually the biggest initial hurdle getting a 1.7.10 mod pack to gel was API issues, once they got sorted it's pretty stable(ish), just no SMP.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I've had the same issue in my hodge podge 1.7.10 pack. I actually just downloaded HaighYorkie's SolitaryCraft pack which contains Optifine and I'm having the smoothest performance in months. I am fully aware of Optifine shenanigans but I haven't personally tried it since 1.4. I'm pleased thus far.

As for 1.7.10 in general, its still Alpha time and that's being generous.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
There's literally no reason not to update to 1.7.10 as far as vanilla is concerned. Mojang changed very little.

It would appear that Forge have seriously fucked up, like usual.