[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

S

Sixpaq

How do I get an Integrated Circuit set to configuration == 24, I can get 0-9 but am scratching my head how to set it to 24?

(It's so I can use molten rubber in an assembly machine to make copper cables)

NEI will tell you but I think it's something like chip in top left, screwdriver in middle right. If that's right I've been making too many cooper wires to known that off the top of my head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vorpalchicken

Jul 29, 2019
NEI will tell you but I think it's something like chip in top left, screwdriver in middle right. If that's right I've been making too many cooper wires to known that off the top of my head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks m8, totally forgot about using NEI to figure it out lol

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everybody, I have a couple of questions:

Is it accurate that HP steam turbines have the same optimal mb/t as steam turbines but produce twice the eu/t out?

Is there any way to get GT energy out of an IC2 RTG?

Where can I find/how can I get Naquadah?

Last edited:
P

PutinsChest

Is it accurate that HP steam turbines have the same optimal mb/t as steam turbines but produce twice the eu/t out?
No, HP steam turbines are for utilizing superheated steam produced from hot coolant in a liquid heat exchanger. Hot coolant is obtained from ic2 pressure vessel nuclear reactors.

Finding your mb/t steam input is complicated, and depends on the rotor you use. The calculations you're looking for can be found on the wiki, you're looking for optimal flow calculations

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
No, HP steam turbines are for utilizing superheated steam produced from hot coolant in a liquid heat exchanger. Hot coolant is obtained from ic2 pressure vessel nuclear reactors.

Finding your mb/t steam input is complicated, and depends on the rotor you use. The calculations you're looking for can be found on the wiki, you're looking for optimal flow calculations

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
I'm aware you have to use superheated steam. Sorry if I wasn't clear - I've read the wiki. What I want to verify is that, for instance, a large HSS-E turbine rotor will consume 30,000 mb of superheated steam/sec and produce 2100 eu/t in a HP turbine, in contrast to the 30,000 mb of normal steam and 1050 eu/t in a normal turbine. The HP steam numbers are omitted from several tables on the wiki.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm aware you have to use superheated steam. Sorry if I wasn't clear - I've read the wiki. What I want to verify is that, for instance, a large HSS-E turbine rotor will consume 30,000 mb of superheated steam/sec and produce 2100 eu/t in a HP turbine, in contrast to the 30,000 mb of normal steam and 1050 eu/t in a normal turbine. The HP steam numbers are omitted from several tables on the wiki.
Not sure if you're aware: the HP steam turbine also produces, in addition to that power, more (non superheated) steam. So the optimal steam may be the same (I forget offhand), but you "double dip" the steam to get more power.

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if you're aware: the HP steam turbine also produces, in addition to that power, more (non superheated) steam. So the optimal steam may be the same (I forget offhand), but you "double dip" the steam to get more power.
I had no idea! I had assumed it was distilled water. Do you know what the ratio is?

E

Ewind

I'm looking for an efficient way to fuel my large boiler. Because coke oven + forestry farm doesn't produce charcoal quickly enough, despite 18 coke oven.
Any tips?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Railcraft boiler? Delve into Thaumcraft- turn your charcoal into alumentum.
If its Greg's boiler- try switching to the railcraft one.
(From what I understand Railcraft boilers have a longer warmup time, but are overall more fuel efficient when running continuously. Greg's one is good if you need a short burst of power)

The charcoal pile igniter is faster than coke ovens, but its manual only. A diamond GT axe (or equivilant) will instantly break the charcoal blocks.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for an efficient way to fuel my large boiler. Because coke oven + forestry farm doesn't produce charcoal quickly enough, despite 18 coke oven.
Any tips?
If you reached the Tech for it, go for a Pyrolyse Oven.
Also, Super Fuel block if you have access to them.

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like Galacticraft can run off Rf or Eu- so in theory Gt cables should be able to directly power them.
In theory perhaps, but not in actuality.

Does anyone know where in the Asteroid dimension I can find naqadah? The ore book says up to y=60, but I'm a bit skeptical because a) that's where the asteroids start and b) the only GT ores of any kind I've seen were on a random granite asteroid, and I've only found one of those.

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
In theory perhaps, but not in actuality.

Does anyone know where in the Asteroid dimension I can find naqadah? The ore book says up to y=60, but I'm a bit skeptical because a) that's where the asteroids start and b) the only GT ores of any kind I've seen were on a random granite asteroid, and I've only found one of those.
Naq generation (and pretty much every other generation in other dimensions than Overworld) is currently slightly bugged. If you really need to find Naq veins you can grab the worldgen config file from github (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/master/config/GregTech/WorldGeneration.cfg) and replace the old one, or use Fusion reactor to manufacture.

Keep in mind that the config file i am proposing is just a workaround and can cause other issues when the proper fix will happen.

E

Ewind

Is there a way with MV tech (no cracking unit, no distillation tower) to avoid manipulating like tons of drum and cells?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
(From what I understand Railcraft boilers have a longer warmup time, but are overall more fuel efficient when running continuously. Greg's one is good if you need a short burst of power)
I've done the maths before, the RC large boiler, at it's most efficient (36LP) assuming I'm remembering correctly it's about 10% more efficient than a large bronze boiler from GT, all other GT steam boilers are more efficient than that though, and also more efficient than the RC one.
The charcoal pile igniter is faster than coke ovens, but its manual only. A diamond GT axe (or equivilant) will instantly break the charcoal blocks.
Technically speaking it's just really difficult to automate, due to actually being about in world placing and breaking of blocks, but it is perfectly possible to automatically place and break blocks.