[1.7.10]GT-New-Horizons[Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker][2,5K+ Quests]

E

Exo594NeedsANewName

It seems I am unable to use the EBF on Stainless Steel. I've tried multiple different configurations (with/out gas, single dust, 4x dusts, etc.), but none of them seem to work. The EBF itself is functional, I was able to blast other materials in the same configurations. I've checked the recipe in NEI, is there something I'm missing? The recipe says it's possible to use the lowest tier coils (cupronickel) for the craft.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
It seems I am unable to use the EBF on Stainless Steel. I've tried multiple different configurations (with/out gas, single dust, 4x dusts, etc.), but none of them seem to work. The EBF itself is functional, I was able to blast other materials in the same configurations. I've checked the recipe in NEI, is there something I'm missing? The recipe says it's possible to use the lowest tier coils (cupronickel) for the craft.

You're using 480 EU/t instead of 120, right?

E

Exo594NeedsANewName

Just 1 MV hatch and an MV battery buffer should do it, unless you have a lot of MV generators you feel like using :p
Gotcha. I've been wiring lv steam turbines directly to it for now, I think there were a few elements I couldn't find for the battery stuff.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Gotcha. I've been wiring lv steam turbines directly to it for now, I think there were a few elements I couldn't find for the battery stuff.

Really? I made lithium batteries and they seemed super easy to make. And I might have lied, been doing the math and you probably will need 2 MV hatches. How many LVs do you have?

E

Exo594NeedsANewName

Really? I made lithium batteries and they seemed super easy to make. And I might have lied, been doing the math and you probably will need 2 MV hatches. How many LVs do you have?
Probably, I've not looked at the recipe in a while. I'll take another look, I think it was in the casings.

5 turbines, 3 hatches.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Probably, I've not looked at the recipe in a while. I'll take another look, I think it was in the casings.

5 turbines, 3 hatches.

Alright after a lot of experimenting on creative (and some explosions, make sure the LV and MV wires are NOT connected :p) I found you do need the 2 MV hatches. With your 3 LV hatches and 5 turbines you should only need 3 amps of MV from whatever source. Glad I tested this cuz I'm gonna need it soon too.

edit: And if you decide to go with batteries you don't need the LV hatches at all, but you need 4 MV batteries between the 2 hatches.

Last edited:
E

Exo594NeedsANewName

Is Thaumic Bases fully "tweaked" into the pack? The thauminite caps and thaumium wand core don't seem to have any uses in NEI, despite my having researched those pieces.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been mining in the twilight forest for literally days (real life) now and can't for the life of me find any Terra infused stone though I've found all the other types. Am I looking in the wrong places or something? Think I've mined more than I have in the overworld looking for mica -_- (though the Y height is only half).

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been mining in the twilight forest for literally days (real life) now and can't for the life of me find any Terra infused stone though I've found all the other types. Am I looking in the wrong places or something? Think I've mined more than I have in the overworld looking for mica -_- (though the Y height is only half).
:):) it happened to me too, but ordo/perditio vein ... days&days of minning, hundreds shafts, but I found :). Look at page 8 of this thread.
Did you find mica?!

Reactions: DreamMasterXXL

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
:):) it happened to me too, but ordo/perditio vein ... days&days of minning, hundreds shafts, but I found :). Look at page 8 of this thread.
Did you find mica?!

No mica yet, I thought the infused stones would be easier to find so I'm doing that first (plus I want to get started in thaumcraft stuff). I have found about 8 perditio/ordo veins and 3 aqua/fire ones, it's the terra that I can't find.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
I'm gonna be honest, I never played in the twilight forest before this pack and I've seen things here while exploring that are making me seriously doubt my sanity lol. Or maybe the sanity of the person who made the mod...

novarek

Jul 29, 2019
Hahaha :) yes it is weird place, but even I dont feel there too comfortable, I like that world for adventure. There are so many places to discover and conquer. I am waiting until I get better armor (unfortunatelly its require progress in Thaumcraft) and I ll be back there to show who is the King of that dimension ;).

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Hahaha :) yes it is weird place, but even I dont feel there too comfortable, I like that world for adventure. There are so many places to discover and conquer. I am waiting until I get better armor (unfortunatelly its require progress in Thaumcraft) and I ll be back there to show who is the King of that dimension ;).

Which armor do you go for after Dark Steel? That is the last one in the quest armor I think.

Anyway here is my mining tally in the forest:
Sapphire: 18
Limonite: 30
Bentonite etc: 17
Galena/Lead: 12
Lapis etc: 6
Nickel etc: 6
Soapstone etc: 7
Graphite: 15
Magnetite: 4
One coal "vein" that spawned in a pile of stone on the surface, I laughed when I saw it
Perditio/ordo: 8
Aqua/ignis: 6
One ignis only vein that spawned too high for aqua
One aer vein that spawned too high for terra
and finally my terra/aer vein!!
The total of shafts I dug with nothing in them: 280

Now I think I should see a doctor for the tendon damage in my left arm :S

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Any good tips for finding veins? So far i have only found dia/iron/tin veins but no copper at all, and no lignite >.<.

kris449

Jul 29, 2019
Well I would link the mining guide off their server website since it helped me a lot but the link seems to be broken? What happened DM?

Anyway you want to mine vertically from the surface to bedrock to find veins as strip mining isn't very effective. Then dig around the sides to find how far it goes and figure out what chunk is in the center of the vein, the veins are in 3x3 chunk areas so once you find the center you start a new vertical shaft 3 chunks away in any direction. (Note this tends to be different when you cross the 0 coordinate lines so you will probably have to find 4 centers to be completely accurate.)

Here is the link to which Y axis ores are found at and which dimensions. This link also explains a lot more about how they work but you will get a feel for it after a few hundred digs ;) Have fun!

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019
This weekend I finally made my T4 rocket. (So much gelled toluene!) When I went to Io to grab the pattern for the T5 rocket, both of the dungeons I found ended in a room with a T5 chest, but no Evolved Ghast Boss (or any room sized like the previous boss rooms), so there's no way to open them properly. Is there something special that needs to be done to force the boss to spawn?

Reactions: kris449