[1.7.10] FTB Insanity's Return v.2.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
Remember that old skyblock map, you may recall some basalt in a weird shaped pyramid form? If you do, this is something you should play! This is a recreation of the FTB Insanity pack back in 1.2.5. Since there were not any new FTB Skyblock maps recently I decided to make a new one. Here it is! Enjoy!

Pack Code: FTBIR

Mods
AdvancedMachines
Aroma1997Core
AromaBackup
BluePower
BuildCraft
CodeChickenCore
CompactSolars
EnderStorage
Forestry
Funky Locomotion
IndustrialCraft 2
Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chest
Lockdown
LogisticsPipes
NEIAddons
NotEnoughItems
ProjectE
Waila
WR-CBE
[/SPOLER]

Map Changes
1.0.0: Release
2.0.0: Awaiting Upload
Lowered the drop point by 2 blocks and placed a water source so you wont take damage.
Added a temporary bed to the spawnpoint.
Disabled keepInventory, my fault.
Enabled doDaylightCycle, my fault.
Set difficulty to Normal instead of easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: orpheus2804

Xenoclaws

Jul 29, 2019
Nice work, however when you fall down to the initial block, it appears that it's too far away and you tend to die instantly, then when you respawn, you spawn inside the final room of the pyrmid (where it wants the dragon egg from the end).

I suggest moving the bed rock block to about 19 blocks below the opening, so that you don't die from falling damage.

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
Nice work, however when you fall down to the initial block, it appears that it's too far away and you tend to die instantly, then when you respawn, you spawn inside the final room of the pyrmid (where it wants the dragon egg from the end).

I suggest moving the bed rock block to about 19 blocks below the opening, so that you don't die from falling damage.
I am currently waiting for an upload which fixes that :)

luis2431

Jul 29, 2019

:D:D what a bug xDDDDDDDDDDDD

well i loved that insanity pack, im excited to see this finished, anyway you could put WIP in the title if it isn't ready

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
Needs ALOT of work add YUNOMAKEGOODMAP so that theres no terrain generation its bad that i can see nether generation as soon as you get to the nether. Plus dont say that it should be ready now when the updates not on launcher yet. Make sure the update is out first.

luis2431

Jul 29, 2019
It would be very good another insanity map because we have the mods for do it, and if it goes well and fixes all the bugs im 100% sure this pack will be in recommended of the launcher, but right now is MUCHHHHHHHHHHHH bugged, so don´t waste your time downloading it, pls OP fix the pack and make it epic

luis2431

Jul 29, 2019
Well i have to say that this is way better than the first time, everything works for now, but i see 2 things.
1. For making gold and all that stuff you have to kill nether pigmen, but they don't spawn, i did a large floor of cobblestone and they didnt spawn, so i had to cheat for getting gold. It will be cool if you could put a higher ammount of pigmen spawned in an area.
2. If you put a random item like wood in the transposer of the pyramid it gets stuck and you have to break and destroy it, it will be way better that you put another filter with blacklist of the items in the pyramid pointing to a chest/void pipe

active diamond

Jul 29, 2019
TE wasn't really a thing during 1.2.5 and EE3 does not have the transmutation table, which is veeeery important to how this pack works.
oh i didn't realize he was trying to only use mods that where back then
and while EE3 doesn't have the tablet it does have other stuff so it would still be better then nothing

Anoyomouse

Jul 29, 2019
Soo, been playing this pack with 2 other friends, and have discovered a few issues (which we sorted out by breaking into the beast).

Apatite doesn't have an EMC value, so you can't make more than 1 pile of fertilizer, which really harms the ethanol production for your 64 can turn-in

The splash potion of harming II asked for is actually looking for a Splash Potion of Harming (not the upgraded version), this blocks up the transposer, which means you can't hand in any other quests till you clear it.

Might i suggest putting on a default route on the sorting machine(s) to kick any "wrong" turnin into a puddle of lava, or if you want to be more forgiving into a "return" chest

We had some amazing glitches with ProjectE included in your pack and the projectE website recommends you use the latest build, and not a dev build, so you might want to update that (on that note there's a massive glitch with the dark matter axe, but that's not your issue ;) )

Also, not sure how you're supposed to legitimately get bedrock, there was a bug in projectE that allowed you to use a redmatter pickaxe to pick up bedrock, but that was fixed and no longer works.

Oh, and the energy collector mk3 doesn't open the top reward slot, everything turns on and is active but the frame sliders don't do anything

Over all not a bad map, I am a little disappointed as this is normal mode which is 1 turn in per reward (and some rewards are really silly and broken, but eh), instead of the real insanity mode with is 9 turnins per reward.

Anoyomouse

Jul 29, 2019
Well, finished it last night (was waiting for the 40 Million EU), and that door doesn't open, there's a block of basalt under the frame that doesn't allow it to open.

And i went back and looked at the energy collector mk3 door and it has the same problem, there's a block preventing it from opening when it gets triggered

Status
Not open for further replies.