• Yes

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
Custom Villagers

This is a mod that has been created upon request by @Golrith, after I showed it to some third-party modpack-makers, they encouraged me to make the mod public.

The Mod
This mod allows you to create custom villagers, with custom textures and custom trades.
It also allows you to override vanilla villagers with your own (EG. Replace all priests with your own custom priest). The trades are also randomised, so they will "never" unlock in the same order. You can create as many custom villagers with as many custom trades as you need through the config files.

Screenshots
BlnZT3e.png

Changelog
1.0Beta8
- Change internal way of registering villagers (No change to the configs) -Preparation for MineTweaker3 integration
- Move code to separate mod (Its no longer part of ElecTweaks)
- Configs can now be found in: config/Elec's Mods/CustomVillagers instead of config/Elec's_Mods/Villages (You can just move your configs over)
- Internal cleanup.

Downloads (Requires forge 1230 or higher):
Latest download (CurseForge)

Requires: ElecCore

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thanks Elec for making this mod. Does the latest versoin fix that little issue I found?

Hopefully other mod pack makers will make use of this mod, it even has the ability to totally replace all existing villagers with new villagers, so the entire emerald trade system could be overhauled (if anyone is brave/insane enough for the task!)

Reactions: Elec332

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Elec for making this mod. Does the latest versoin fix that little issue I found?

Hopefully other mod pack makers will make use of this mod, it even has the ability to totally replace all existing villagers with new villagers, so the entire emerald trade system could be overhauled (if anyone is brave/insane enough for the task!)
I have done that actually, the pack that I am making now has it so that villagers only trade with gold coins from thaumcraft

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, its been fixed ;)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
seeing as some people are using gold coins for trades I thought I'd mention this, so incase anyone's wondering, golden nuggets are forge dictionairied with gold coins, so if you use a block such as the unifier from MFR you're able to craft gold coins.

Reactions: Elec332 and Golrith

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
seeing as some people are using gold coins for trades I thought I'd mention this, so incase anyone's wondering, golden nuggets are forge dictionairied with gold coins, so if you use a block such as the unifier from MFR you're able to craft gold coins.
Good thing My pack doesn't have anything that can do that.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thanks for the alert, I was debating on gold coins or my own currency. Easy enough to remove gold coins from the oreDict, I personally don't want a craftable currency, although I do believe you can get gold coin pouches from mob drops, so they are "farmable", just needs a bit more effort.

Reactions: Elec332

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the alert, I was debating on gold coins or my own currency. Easy enough to remove gold coins from the oreDict, I personally don't want a craftable currency, although I do believe you can get gold coin pouches from mob drops, so they are "farmable", just needs a bit more effort.
Yes, but only from rare enchanted mobs. Like those Spiny and Venemous mobs or whatever that thaumcraft adds.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Yes, but only from rare enchanted mobs. Like those Spiny and Venemous mobs or whatever that thaumcraft adds.
Ah, seen a few notices in my world of "Venomous Zombie drowned...". Always wondered what was adding them.

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
Time for an update!
- Change internal way of registering villagers (No change to the configs) -Preparation for MineTweaker3 integration
- Move code to separate mod (Its no longer part of ElecTweaks)
- Configs can now be found in: config/Elec's Mods/CustomVillagers instead of config/Elec's_Mods/Villages (You can just move your configs over)
- Internal cleanup.

eschplaysgames

Jul 29, 2019
Incredible, just started experimenting with this and I'm incredibly excited... Two quick questions; Does Custom Villagers handle mod added villagers (for example, Mystcraft and Thaumcraft) and how is it with mod added-trades (for example, Pam's Harvestcraft butcher trades, or as someone else mentioned, Metallurgy's coin trade replacement)? I just thought I'd ask before I dropped it into a heavily modded project and started tinkering :p

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
Incredible, just started experimenting with this and I'm incredibly excited... Two quick questions; Does Custom Villagers handle mod added villagers (for example, Mystcraft and Thaumcraft) and how is it with mod added-trades (for example, Pam's Harvestcraft butcher trades, or as someone else mentioned, Metallurgy's coin trade replacement)? I just thought I'd ask before I dropped it into a heavily modded project and started tinkering :p
You can override any villager if you know its villager ID ;)

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
Its been a while, but here is the long-awaited MineTweaker integration!
-Added experimental minetweaker support
-Added an forced crash if you try to register an villager with an ID that is already taken.
How to use the Minetweaker integration:
Code:
elec332.CustomVillagers.registerVillager(999, "test.png");
elec332.CustomVillagers.addTrade(999, <minecraft:diamond>, <minecraft:clay>, <minecraft:bowl>);
elec332.CustomVillagers.clearTrades(1);
elec332.CustomVillagers.addTrade(1, <minecraft:emerald>, <minecraft:bowl>);
The first line registers an villager with villager ID 999, and the image named: test.png
The second line adds a trade to villager ID 999, the villager trades a diamond and a clay block for a bowl.
The third line removes/clear all trades from villager ID 1 (I think the blacksmith, but dont quote me on that ;))
And the last line add a trade to villager ID 1; an emerald for a bowl. (Meaning that Villager ID 1 / the blacksmith will only have this trade).