1.6 goning to be released 12:00 pt time

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
Atleast that is what I read not exactly sure but anyway time to watch the forgecraft 2 for 1.6 and wait like a month after the update. Don't quote me on this but apperntly there is a new way to store textures something called "resource packs".
They changed it because of the new mod update basicly it will be easier for modding ( still don't quote me on this) and after 1.7 there should hopefully not be having long delays
Last thing what do you think about this next update?

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
Good to here that it won't be a big change but just read mojang.com and it says 1.6 is going to release on July 1 think what you want of it

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
The new launcher is basically plugin based now. Forge is even being rewritten as this. And no, fc is not screwed. It's just a different setup now.

There should be no mod that requires you place it directly into the jar anymore. If they do, then they are doing it wrong.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
wow that sounds somewhat more easier to do modded minecraft. Does this change how the mods actually work with the game or just the basic process for loading the mod data.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Just the basic process I believe. Well, as far as forge mods go anyway. Something like BTW may be a different story.

I haven't downloaded the prerelease of MCP to look at the code changes yet. I'm waiting for the new forge. Then, who knows, I may even start working on the mods I've wanted to code for awhile now. Probably not though, I still feel lazy.

Reactions: FtbBossWhoIsAw3s0m3

Ryiah

Jul 29, 2019
Ya but estimate like how long it takes to code or whatever
If I recall correctly, MC 1.3 had a similar situation to MC 1.5 where massive changes were implemented so some mod authors skipped MC 1.3 in favor of developing for MC 1.4. You should get a rough comparison of the time from analyzing how long it took to go from 1.3 to 1.4.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
First mcp needs to finish. Then forge. Then mods.

Resource packs are not a huge change. The biggest change is going to be forge.

I say about two weeks, maybe less, before we see any updates for 1.6.1. The new srg system is going to make things a lot quicker.

Reactions: egor66

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
... if everything is going plug in based...
and in the jar is a part of the past.

Is it now theoretically possible to make a plug in that would tweek BTW to make it forge compatable?

Picture it, BTW, Minefantasy, TFC. Then some other plug ins to make them actually work together, with an endgame that lets you eventually break out of the ancient days and into the tech.

Reactions: Alex Cubed