1.6 end game power

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
So in any of the packs now days what is the latest fad for endgame power? Do you add any mods to help out? Are mods like gas craft, biggerreactors, rotatrycraft, mekanim, etc the way to go now days? Steam boiler to TE steam engines? How are you storing power? TE? Enderio? Do you go entirely EU? Convert with engineers toolbox? Add mods from universal electricity (resonant something?)

On a side note, there are a ton of mods like extra utilities etc that add ways to transport power over distances, do people go that route now over tesseracts?

I have about 258 mods in my pack to explore the options of what I like and what I feel is balanced and op..so just wondering what the latey cookie cutter and creative solutions for end game have been lately with all the changes and additional mods

Zexks

Jul 29, 2019
I think RC boilers are still the go-to for large continuous power. Tesseracts are still the go-to for long distance item transport. Most of the FTB packs don't have the mix that you have, and are much more focused so you're probably not going to see the extravagant builds that you could do with your pack here.

ToLazyToThink

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using an MFR jungle tree farm to power steam dynamos. I've tested it in creative, and as long as I add sawmills to scale and at some point a second 2x2 jungle tree plot, it can scale up to 10,000 RF which should be plenty I would think. Currently I'm using extra utilities to transfer power, but once I get some more automation setup I'll probably switch to tesseracts.

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
So what's the deal with the jungle tree? It's just a single tree? No upgrades in harvester and planter? Does it produce more wood than 25x25 of oak trees?

Is it better to use boilers to send steam to dymos or use planks directly in dynamos?

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
End game power, I'm looking at super trees from Forestry producing biomass to feed into TE reactant dynamo's with the reactant being Ghast Tears from an MFR auto spawner spawning Ghasts. Did a bit of testing in a creative world and biomass lasts a good long while and ghast tears last a very long time I should be able to produce a ridiculous amount of power from enough dynamo's.

ToLazyToThink

Jul 29, 2019
So what's the deal with the jungle tree? It's just a single tree? No upgrades in harvester and planter? Does it produce more wood than 25x25 of oak trees?

Is it better to use boilers to send steam to dymos or use planks directly in dynamos?

I have a single 2x2 area for planting saplings and a single harvester. The advantage is it only takes one fertilizer from my composter to grow it into a nice tall jungle tree. Not sure how it compares to a 25x25, but like I said paired with enough sawmills it should be able to supply enough steam dynamos for around 5,000 RF continuously (not sure exactly where the limit is, when I was playing around in creative I had a huge backlog of logs, I know at 10,000 the supply was running down, I think at 5000 it was steady, but not 100% sure).

As far as the dynamo vs boiler question, I'm not sure. My reasoning for going with the planks directly to dynamo route was I'm unlikely to need max power all the time, and the dynamos will throttle their fuel usage while a boiler wont (also I wasn't sure how the new boiler mechanics would work out). This way I can either run my tree farm less (so hopefully less lag), or I can build a backlog of logs to allow burst power beyond what my tree farm could support continuously.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I have a single 2x2 area for planting saplings and a single harvester. The advantage is it only takes one fertilizer from my composter to grow it into a nice tall jungle tree. Not sure how it compares to a 25x25, but like I said paired with enough sawmills it should be able to supply enough steam dynamos for around 5,000 RF continuously (not sure exactly where the limit is, when I was playing around in creative I had a huge backlog of logs, I know at 10,000 the supply was running down, I think at 5000 it was steady, but not 100% sure).

As far as the dynamo vs boiler question, I'm not sure. My reasoning for going with the planks directly to dynamo route was I'm unlikely to need max power all the time, and the dynamos will throttle their fuel usage while a boiler wont (also I wasn't sure how the new boiler mechanics would work out). This way I can either run my tree farm less (so hopefully less lag), or I can build a backlog of logs to allow burst power beyond what my tree farm could support continuously.

The boilers -> dynamos work out to be slightly more fuel efficient than dynamo's alone. On the condition that you're running it 24/7...

So I guess the one vs other is, are you running it constantly, or are you just running it on and off

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently using about 15 Engineers Toolbox Hydroelectric generators. The best part...if I need more power make a few more hydroelectric generator modules. The worst part...none really tho you do need to be near a river to use them.