[1.6.4] YAUM

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
YAUM - Yet Another Utility Mod

Me and a server buddy are currently playing FTB Monster and feel a few features are lacking so I decided to make a mod to fill the gaps. Over time this mod will hopefully become as awesome as Random Things, Extra Utilities and the other utility mods.

Until I work out how to properly implement GUIs and the RF api, everything looks and functions a little clunky, but it works.

CHANGELOG:
v0.2.1 - Added tube lights. They're well snazzy, check them out!
Imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/2Ido8
v0.2.0 - Schematic writer has a snazzy gui, and eats ink sacs based on how many different *types* of blocks are in your build, up to 64 . Re-read features for more info.
Added player detector, nothing fancy. Right click with open hand to change distance. Features, info etc.
Possibly other stuff I've forgotten.
v0.1.5 - Both builder and written schematics show required materials for structure. Mouse over schematic, right click builder. Builder even updates it's list as it builds stuff :)
v0.1.4 - Builder remembers where it left off. Shouldn't leave any guide blocks lying around either. This update was gruelling, will upload new jar in the morn.

KNOWN BUGS:
The projection blocks are excellent griefing tools. I'd never thought of that until now. Use /clearProjectionBlocks [radius] to get rid of them.

The tube lights render darker when placed on the ceiling. This is extremely annoying, as that's really where they're *supposed* to be placed. MC, why u no render properly?

TL;DR: Download below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xjy2suabx9442j/yaum-0.2.1.jar?dl=0

Video showing what I'm on about:

Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/uAqnv

Schematic Builder / Writer
The Buildcraft builder basically. Define you're plot with landmarks (mine not theirs), slap down a Schematic Writer. Right click to open it's GUI, and place a blank schemtaic in the top, ink sacs in the bottom, and hit write. The writer will consume ink sacs depending on how many different types of blocks your build has, so a cobble and wood hut would use 2, a complex build may use the entire stack. Doesn't use more than 64 though.

Place the Schematic Builder where you want your structure to go, and right click with the Schematic (Written). You should see some *awesomely* textured guide blocks, showing you where your structure will go. Then simply put a chest next to the Builder with all the materials you need, and apply redstone signal!

Watch as the Builder automatically builds your structure, faster than light!

The Block Replace is basically an infinite use, non magic version of the Wand of Equal Trade. Why? Because I can't be bothered to get into an entire mod just to redecorate my base.

Player Detector: Coded this before I realized RR has Random Things, which contains a far more advanced version than mine. Oh well. Right click with open hand to change distance. Min is 5 (roughly) max is 15. Could make those configurable if people are that bothered.

Q: I noticed your blocks use steel. Do you have a recipe for it?
A: Yes, check NEI. You may want to disable it by default though, it adds a super cheaty recipe.

Q: I'm not getting anything out of the writer!
A: Make sure landmarks are placed as shown in the video. Rules are the same as the Buildcraft landmark rules

Q: What's the largest structure I can copy?
A: As large as the landmarks allow. By default, they look for other landmarks within 64 blocks of themselves, meaning the largest structure you could get is 64x64x64. You can change this range in the configs.

Q: But captain, the builder has just stopped!
A: Well it's probably run out of materials. It waits for the block it's currently trying to place, right click with a stick to see which block it's stuck on.

Q: I logged out while the builder was building and now it won't go, and I have indestructible guide blocks everywhere.
A: Yeah I'm working on it. To clear the blocks, use the instruction: /clearProjectionBlocks [radius] ,
where [radius] is an actual number.

Q: But captain, my stairs are wonky :(
A: Yes they would be because they save rotation data in their meta. Fear not! Craft the Block Replacer, sneak + right click the block you *want* to place (such as correctly aligned stairs) and then right click the block you want to replace! Voila, insta block swapping!

Q: What? It spawns blocks out of thin air? OP! OP!
A: Er no, it eats them from your inventory.

Q: Even in creative?
A: No.

Q: But captain, doesn't that make the Block Replacer a really cool insta mining tool?
A: Yes, so I made it that the target block isn't dropped, it's simply overwritten! (Configurable in configs)

Q: Isn't the Block Replacer a cheap knock off of the Wand of Equal Trade?
A: Yes. I don't like magic :)

Q: This is great captain, but I have a million wonky stairs and I'm bored of clicking each individual one :(
A: Yes I can see that happening. With Block Replacer in hand, hold sneak and press UP on your keyboard to increase range, or DOWN to decrease range! Maximum range is 10 either side for a total of a 21x21 square of pure block swapping goodness! (Configurable in configs)

Q: I accidentally replaced by entire base wall with [indestructible block]!
A: Well I can't really help with that, there are two blacklists, one to prevent you setting blocks as the replacement (you can't set Bedrock as the replacement block for instance) and one for target blocks (again, you can't replace Bedrock with cobble) soon I'll put those blacklists in the config. For now, be careful :)

Q: I accidentally replaced my entire wall of diamond blocks with cobble!
A: Again, can't help you with that either. By default, target blocks (those you want to replace with something else) are DELETED, although you can change it so they drop.

Q: This is OP / recipes are weird / textures horrible / etc
A: This is still a WIP mod, and one for mostly my own personal use. I get to decide what's OP and what isn't. Hopefully soon everything will have nice GUIs and use the RF api.

Thanks for reading, if you have any questions / suggestions / complains, feel free to drop a comment! I'll try to address everything promptly.

Last edited:

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
This looks nice! I realy like the idea of the buildcraft builder, but dislike how its locked behind buildcraft. Got one question though, will there be a way to save our designs to a file?

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
This looks nice! I realy like the idea of the buildcraft builder, but dislike how its locked behind buildcraft. Got one question though, will there be a way to save our designs to a file?

Thanks! Well you get to keep the written schematic, but that's just an item that doesn't save between worlds. Soon I want to implement a way of naming them, and maybe completely reimplement the Buildcraft architech table etc too!

Reactions: Skyqula

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Mo' Utilites

Sent from my angry toaster to distract him from destroying the planet. Some appliances just want to watch the world burn.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Too close to Extra Utilities for my liking :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was making a joke to the influx of "Mo'" mods that once swept the modding scene a long time ago, I wasn't actually suggesting that seriously :'D

Sent from my angry toaster to distract him from destroying the planet. Some appliances just want to watch the world burn.

Reactions: CptSpike

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I was making a joke to the influx of "Mo'" mods that once swept the modding scene a long time ago, I wasn't actually suggesting that seriously :'D

Yeah I mean I totally knew that ... Ahem

Reactions: Succubism

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds awesome ;)

What about random utilities? :p

I think I may be stuck with YAUM as it's also the mods id. Oh well. Check out latest update, added some techy lighting I've been wanting for quite some time. And, it was a complete ballache so now I'm well chuffed!

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019

Oho, another pioneer from the early days... oh and you. And you over there. AND you in the back. And you, too...
"Mo'Creatures!" "Mo'Food!" "Mo'--" *shuriken*
And now it's:
"YALSM!" "JAMI" "YA--" *JAshuriken*

Reactions: Succubism

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Oho, another pioneer from the early days... oh and you. And you over there. AND you in the back. And you, too...
"Mo'Creatures!" "Mo'Food!" "Mo'--" *shuriken*
And now it's:
"YALSM!" "JAMI" "YA--" *JAshuriken*

Well it was either that or CptSpikesResonantRiseStuffModForHimAndBuddy :/