[1.6.4] Tier-based modpack - Looking for TESTERS!

Elvanos

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone!

I am currently working on a tier-based modpack for 1.6.4 and I need a couple people to help me test it!

Now, you may be wondering what a “tier-based modpack” means. Let me give you an example:

When I started playing MC and most importantly FTB, I found all those awesome and wonderful mods, but I always had a problem with them: They felt REALLY imbalanced and certain mods felt either conflicting with others or simply making stuff too easy, offering same goodies for 1/10 of the prize.

I was overjoyed when I found good old 1.4.7 Mindcrack, which had my idea of progression, but even then, there were a couple things that were ticking me off *cough* traincraft steel *cough*. I have been wondering how one could create a similar modpack to the masterpiece called Mindcrack – and perhaps outdo it!

Then I found Minetweaker – a WONDERFULL mod that allows user or dev to rebuild all kinds of recipes ingame. Since that discovery I started to put together my dream modpack featuring a tier based progression system for the mods as I am able to mess with the recipes now!

Now, you may be getting an idea what I want to do with the modpack as a whole, but you may still be lost on the whole tier-based mechanic. Let me explain:

The idea is to offer the player a feeling of progression, offering more and more powerful technologies/magical discoveries/utilities as he progresses further in the tech tree.

Example:

Tier one – Basic processing and utilities (eg: Thermal expansion + Extra Utilities + Ars Magica)

Tier break – Something to give the player a feeling he is getting somewhere (eg: Railcraft steel + Steam)

Tier two – Advanced magic and processing + utilities (eg: Thaumcraft + Mekanism)

All recipes in those mods will be connected together using Minetweaker to create a very fluid structure that requires the player to advanced through the tech trees in order to get to higher tiers.

Alright, so you generally are getting an idea what will this modpack be about, but still aren’t sure what this thread is about.

Since I am changing A LOT in the modpack, I need a bunch of willing people, experiences in modded MC to help me test out my work as I don’t want my work to be ruined by adding a random mod to the modpack and finding that it allows you to create steel by combining iron and charcoal in your inventory after I release a stable, non-test version.

So basically: If my idea got your attention, either send me a PM or reply in this thread and I will contact you and most likely let you know when I will have a first working version out (expect 1-2 weeks from now) and you can help me test it out.

Elvanos

Jul 29, 2019
I will finish the tier-1 recipes and stuff and see if I can get this working on MultiMC (never tried it, so it may take a while).

Also: I will supply every tester with a basic manual what need to be tested, what is supposed to work in what way and I will throw you all an invite in a Skype chat room once I get a stable version out.

Lawn1boy

Jul 29, 2019
I will finish the tier-1 recipes and stuff and see if I can get this working on MultiMC (never tried it, so it may take a while).

Also: I will supply every tester with a basic manual what need to be tested, what is supposed to work in what way and I will throw you all an invite in a Skype chat room once I get a stable version out.

Ok sounds good

Elvanos

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, got MultiMC to work, you just gotta unzip/unrar the instance I am gonna send you to your MultiMC folder - I will add a manual to it.

Currently: All repicies from tier are done (I HOPE!) with the exception of MineFactory Reloaded machines, which will take 1-2 more days.

A first test version will be out in 2-4 days! :)

Elvanos

Jul 29, 2019
My MultiMC is a bit broken atm. Sorry.

Alternative is to take the actual file I am going to send you, delete all files in some FTB modpack (Any working on 1.6.4) folder in your FTB launcher directory and unzip the file there - in place of the actual FTB instalation.

Elvanos

Jul 29, 2019
Alright guys, the first version is READY. It is MISSING many mods planned and it ONLY the first tier and half, so keep that in mind.
Either way, I need to test it in the current version so I can take a little break and then keep adding more stuff into it.

And that is where you come into play with your testing.

How is that gonna work basically: I am gonna post my Skype name here and you will add me. I will invite you to a conversation and send you a file/DL link of the file and you get to testing... all important info/tutorials are included in the .zip file so you should have any problems.

Skype name: elvanos (you cant miss it, it is the SAME avatar as here).

Elvanos

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh* i cant skype. i once tried. my internet said:LOL NOOB NO.

Well, that kinda sux... I will send you a link for the DL of the test version via PM and if you find any bugs/stuff you like/dislike, either post here or send me another PM, alright?

Cyphai

Jul 29, 2019
are you mean that I have to get certain achievement to unlock next tier, in order to craft more stuff? If so, i would love to help you out

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking