[1.6.4] Questing Island! {HQM} {Magic vs Tech}

Blufire13

Jul 29, 2019
[Insert Cool Magical Themed Survival Island Pic Here]​

This will be my post for my entry into the Jampacked competition, for which the info can be found here, http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/introducing-jampacked.47344/.
Expect this post to be updated quite frequently during the competition time.

A Note - I have decided, due to personal matters and not enough time, I am no longer going to stress getting this pack out by the end of the month for the JamPacked Competition. However, it is not going to be abandoned and forgotten, I really like the idea of this pack and think it has some good potential. Although it is not being abandoned, I will be taking a lot more time with it while creating the quest line and the actual dungeons in the map. At this point in time I do not have an ETA, but it will not be the end of the month, possibly mid-August at the soonest. I am very sorry to those of you who were looking forward to this pack, it is not being abandoned, just post-poned I suppose. Thank you for understanding - Blufire

Also, feel free to leave suggestions about mods to add or better names than "Questing Island" (I don't like it) or anything really, I may use it, I may not, but basically, any suggestion is welcome.

The goal of this pack is to be a unique CTM, Super-Hostile-esque map (credit to the creator of this map style goes to the wonderfully terrifying, Vechs, whose maps can be found HERE) that can have a new type of reward system and a way of activating different... Features of the map... Totally not traps... Where would you get the idea that people would include traps intended to kill the player? And Eventually,The Player can choose whether they want to go down the path of mysticalness and study the magical arts and leave behind technology or progress further down the tech tree and research more into technology and leave behind the magical arts.

List of Mods and Permissions (As of Now)
Applied Energistics
Botania
Chicken Chunks - By ChickenBones - Get it HERE
EnderStorage - By ChickenBones - Get it HERE
Extra Cells
HQM - By VSWE - Permission for Jampacked entries
I "as a HQM developer" give everybody permission to use HQM for this competition.
Jabba - By Prof. Mobius - Get it HERE
Minefactory Reloaded - By Skyboy - Get it HERE
NEI Addons
NEI Plugins
Not Enough Items - By ChickenBones - Get it HERE
Thermal Expansion - by Team COFH - Get it HERE (Their website is currently under maintenance so HERE is the the curseforge link)
Tinkers Construct
Thaumcraft - By Azanor - Get it HERE
Thaumic Tinkerer
TiCTooltips
Tinkers' Mechworks
Twighlight Forest - By Benimatic - Get it HERE
Waila - By Prof. Mobius - Get it HERE

Things to do -
  • Ask for more Permissions
  • Work on the Island
  • Quests
  • Something I forgot...
  • Something else I forgot...

Last edited:

Blufire13

Jul 29, 2019
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...2-magic-island-a-modded-survival-questing-map

That one is with natural resources which made me not want to play it. If you add ex nihilo you could make your modpack special though.

Thanks for the tip... Ummm.... I promise I have never seen that before, and this was made from my ideas. Anyway, I was planning on using Ex Nihilo/aliquio unless I found some other "Natural" way to get ores other than mining (i.e. Thaumcraft Crucibles or something), and I was also going to add some tech mods like Thermal Expansion and MFR so the player could pick between whether they want to progress down the magical skill tree or the tech tree.

And thank you for showing me that map, I am trying to make this, as cliche as this sound :(, different from all the rest and special in its own way

Reactions: Parveln

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
That's good. I look forward to seeing your finished modpack. The other HQM map looked fun but I have already got tired of vanilla mining.

If you need a beta tester sign me up btw.

HenryFBP

Jul 29, 2019
If you pull off a modded vechs-inspired map, I'd download it 10 times over.
I would also love to beta-test this. PM me (if interested).

Atm2222

Jul 29, 2019
This is KEWL if u need another beta tester PM me. I love mods and super hostile maps, so you just combined my favorite things!!! :)