[1.6.4] InfiTech Modpack [GregTech/Galacticraft hard-mode modpack] - DISCONTINUED

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
eacb.png

GergTech focused hard-mode modpack

Are you looking for 1.7 version? It is located: in here
Hello everyone.

My name is Jason McRay and I would like to present you: Infi-Tech Modpack, the highly modified and GregTech focused technical modpack (no magic involved). By „modified“ I dont mean modified by mods, but modified mods by mod. Confused?

Let me explain. In this modpack the big role is playing Minetweaker mod by StanH. It allows to change crafting recipes for most of the items, and also to tweak some machines outputs/inputs. that means, I tried to change a LOT of recipes to meet the GregTech standards about machines. Lot of machines now needs at least steel to craft, meaning the First steps in this modpack will require you to work on the Bronze Age. And also other higher tier stuff will require you to get into GT.

!!!WARNING!!!
This modpack doesnt support removing mods. If you will remove some mod it can break the rest of changed recipes.
Adding new mods should be fine, but its as well not recommended, because it can break the balance and the progression.
!!!WARNING!!!

Now the needed stuff:
Infinity Team Website:
infinity-minecraft.co.uk
Pack code: 164infinity
Minecraft Version: 1.6.4
Issue tracker with changelog: https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.6
Mod List:
ChangeLog:
- Updated Logisticpipes to 0.7.4.dev.292
- Updated Galacticraft to 2.0.14.1091
- AE Grind stone uses ore dictionary for stone
- Barrels from Plugins for Forestry are disabled, due to duplication exploit
- ProjectRed Coils are now crafted in Wiremill instead of using Draw Plate.
- Disabled Draw Plate from PrRed
- Changed the GC power generation/conversion ratios
- Final tweak for BigReactors (fuel consumption lowered, recipes are more friendly)
- Cooling Core can be crafted with other 60k coolant cells (oreDictionaried)
- And few minor bug fixes

- Updated Carpenter's Blocks to 2.1.2
- Updated Extra Cells to 1.6.9e
- Updated Galacticraft (all 3 modules) to 2.0.14.1090
- Updated LogisticsPipes to 0.7.4.dev.290
- Updated Sync to 2.2.3
- Buttons can be crafted again
- Button Panel can be now crafted again with Assembling Machine
- Energy Storage Crafting recipe now wants ANY wood planks instead of only OAK
- Moved GT and IC2 related "mine-tweaks" to separate config (industry.cfg), extras.cfg is now mostly for recipe fixes and misc stuff
- Rebalanced BR power production: Bit nerfed power production and more fuel usage to balance it with "cheap" recipe
- EU can now be transfered on Aluminium Wires but be carefull. Carefull GT/IC2 machines can blow up.
- Conversion ratio for RF <> EU is used universal: 4RF = 1EU
- BigReactor recipe tweaks (BRs pushed to Chrometanium Age)
- Pattern Storage now can be crafted using Mining Laser with any charge.
- And few more bugfixes

- Updated Big Reactors to 0.3.4A2
- Updated Galacticraft (all 3 modules) to 2.0.14.1086
- Updated LogisticsPipes to 0.7.4.dev.279
- Updated MobiusCore to 1.2.2
- Updated FMP Integration to 1.2.4
- Unified Flour to AE version
- Unified Sulfur to RC version
- Fixed recipe for PneumaticCraft Kinetic Compressor
- Lowered fuel usage of Big Reactors
- Added recipes to EnderIO Alloy Smelter to be in-par with GT Alloy Smelter
- Fixed crafting of Tinted Glass Panes
- Fixed exploit with smelting Iron Nuggets -> Steel Nuggets
- Fixed Plugins for Forestry Barrel recipe (and tweaked it a bit)

- Updated Extra Cells to 1.6.9d
- Updated Galacticraft (all 3 modules) to 2.0.13.1080
- Updated Jabba to 1.1.4
- Updated OpenEye to 0.6
- Added Bibliowoods [ExtraBiomesXL]
- Added Statues
- Added Hats
- Added PneumaticCraft
- Added more ores to IC2 Miner whitelist
- Water is no longer infinite with sourceblocks
- Recipes in PneumaticCraft tweaked
- Changed Recipe for EnderIO capacitors (Basic and Dual-layered)
- NEI in utility mode by default after each update
- Yellorite ore inside SAGMill will produce Yellorium dust instead of Uranium Dust
- Electrical Steel can't be made with AE Silicon. EnderIO silicon is needed.
- Conduit probe can't be made with AE Silicon. EnderIO silicon is needed.
- Powered light can't be made with AE Silicon. EnderIO silicon is needed.
- EnderIO Alloy Smelter will no longer work as regular furance, to prevent exploits.

- Updated FMP Integration to 1.2.3
- Updated Galacticraft (all 3 modules) to 2.0.13.1072
- Updated LogisticsPipes to 0.7.4.dev.241
- Updated Sync to 2.2.2

2.0.1 - WARNING, WORLD RESET NEEDED
- Added ExtrabiomesXL
- Boosted generation of Nickel: Its now generating 1 cluster per 12 chunks
- Activated ore generation of IC2 copper and tin
- Ore Density of IC2 ores has been dropped from 1.5 to 0.8
- ID of MPS tinker table and lux capacitor changed

- Fixed Minetweaker not working properly on servers
How am I numbering versions:
a.b.xy
a
- Major release, will change only when some big change is added which will not work, or will work incorrectly on old worlds (like MC version update, or massive world generation) - NEW WORLD REQUIRED
b - Minor release, This will change when something is being addded/removed (mostly worlgen stuff like ores) - NEW WORLD NOT NEEDED, BUT NEW STUFF WILL PROBABLY NOT SPAWN IN ALREADY GENERATED CHUNKS
xy - hotfix versions, just hotfixes, that should not affect the world too much

Modpack highlights:

Not only GT is changing recipes, but also I am with the use of Minetweaker. Here are some examples:

Vanilla Enderchest = needs Teleporter, Obsidian plates and Enderium
Blast Furnace and Rolling machine from Railcraft aren’t craftable
Electrum Flux = needs Chemical Reactor, Blast Furnace and Vacuum Freezer
Qcraft dust is not by default generating in world. You use a recipe which is little bit more expensive
Same goes with Quantum Computers. Recipe to make them is harder then just few Iron Ingots.
Galacticraft Wafers = needs Assembly Machine (NEI is still showing the recipe with Circuit Fab, but since Circuit Fab is not craftable you need Assembly Machine)
Galacticraft compressed plates = needs Implosion Compressor (NEI is still showing the recipe with Ingot Compressor, but since that machine is not craftable you need Implosion Compressor)
Galacticraft Refinery, Compressor, El. Compressor and Circuit Fabricator are disabled.
Galacticraft wires can't transfer EU, or can't be used to power your IC2/GT machines
And lots more. And more can come throughout the time, because it would take a long time to make everything in-line on first try. So make sure to know how to use NEI or CraftGuide, you will need it!

Feel free to discuss the modpack in this thread but if you want to report some bug/crash use Issue Tracker, because it can be lost in the thread

Don’t post bugs when you tried to remove mods. Its not supported.
If you are having troubles ask in here and someone will probably answer

Do you have better idea on some recipes? Do you have a suggestion about some mod that can be added and you know it will not break the Balance and not create loops? Feel free to post in here or on Issue Tracker. Suggestions are welcome and really appriciated.

With that said, thank you all for checking it out, and I hope you will have a lot of fun and „rage“ with this new modpack: InfiTech

Take care,
and bye bye!

Last edited:

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask what your reasoning on qCraft was? Maybe it's changed since then, but the last time I saw it it was just a collection of toys.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to say that this modpack is the best in the Universe, or even Multiverse. I'm saying that because that guy Jason McRay told me so. I also want to indicate that he hates shameless advertising. And so do I.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask what your reasoning on qCraft was? Maybe it's changed since then, but the last time I saw it it was just a collection of toys.
qCraft has a nifty way of transporting. You can easily transport blocks in areas or make portals. Thats why I made it little bit more expensive to make. I personaly don't like any kind of teleporting (or at least when recipes are dirt-cheap), so thats why i made that step :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed there is a big error in minetweaker configs. To fix it (until the pack is updated) go to the config folder > minetweaker and in main.cfg file change the aliases.cfg. to aliases.cfg (delete the period after cfg).

Or the recipes will not work

Zacki06

Jul 29, 2019
Hello together.

I came across this Pack while searching one to "upgrade" from my 1.4.7 World to something newer. At the moment I am compairing TPPI and this one.
From what I can say after testing them for 2 days I'd prefer this one, but I'd like to request something.

Don't know if this disturbes the balance you mentioned but the TPPI Pack has this Mod and I actually like it alot: ArmorStatus Hud (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...-armorstatushud-directionhud-statuseffecthud/)
And as cool as the Minimap is, I miss some features from the one in the Ultimate Pack.
* Waypoint Management (setting, porting)
* Mob Radar (but I would understand if you don't want this for balancing)
* Coordinates! I really need them for building and so on, thats actually really "bad" with the actual map.

And is it wanted that if you relog into your world that everything you discovered on the map before is gone again? (it is completely black again)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Might want to report that to the author if you haven't already.
Already did :) http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1749374-164smpforge-chisel/page__st__820#entry31530800

Hello together.

I came across this Pack while searching one to "upgrade" from my 1.4.7 World to something newer. At the moment I am compairing TPPI and this one.
From what I can say after testing them for 2 days I'd prefer this one, but I'd like to request something.

Don't know if this disturbes the balance you mentioned but the TPPI Pack has this Mod and I actually like it alot: ArmorStatus Hud (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...-armorstatushud-directionhud-statuseffecthud/)
And as cool as the Minimap is, I miss some features from the one in the Ultimate Pack.
* Waypoint Management (setting, porting)
* Mob Radar (but I would understand if you don't want this for balancing)
* Coordinates! I really need them for building and so on, thats actually really "bad" with the actual map.

And is it wanted that if you relog into your world that everything you discovered on the map before is gone again? (it is completely black again)

Client aesthetic mods, like minimaps, hud changes, can be without any problem added by players. But ArmorHud is not bad idea... I will add it in one of the future updates

Map getting reset after relog is not intended... i will look into it, and if the problem will not be solvable on my side, it will be reported to proper authorities.

Thanks

Last edited:

AndrewAmmerlaan

Jul 29, 2019
Mapwriter, has an option to display coordinates, in the settings menu,you can also set waypoints, in mapwriters main menu, no mob radar though. you probably need to change the controls for mapwriter as they usually conflict with some other keys

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Update 2.0.1
- Added ExtrabiomesXL - to have more and cool biomes
- Boosted generation of Nickel: Its now generating 1 cluster per 12 chunks - to be little bit more easy to find that
- Activated ore generation of IC2 copper and tin - because it can be really annoying to find Cassi and Tetra only in few biomes
- Ore Density of IC2 ores has been dropped from 1.5 to 0.8 - it was too much to find regular copper in amount of 16 ores per cluster
- ID of MPS tinker table and lux capacitor changed - because of conflict of EBXL items

WARNING, WORLD RESET REQUIRED.
Sorry about that, but due to big world gen change this is unfortunately required. You can stick with the old world, but EBXL biomes will not generate properly, and you might see some "doubled biomes" (hard transition of vanilla and EBXL biomes on newly generated chunks). Also Copper and Tin will generate only in newly generated chunks.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Jason McRay, I like where this pack seems to be headed. Can't tell you how hard I've been looking around for a decent "hard mode" GT mod pack.

Hope to check it out this weekend; do you still have "crappy" entry-level tools? (e.g. stone tools don't last long; need plates for iron tools; etc)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Wood/stone tools dont last long (was actually thinking about disabling these two types entirely, but decided not to), plates are needed for iron and better tools...

I hope you will enjoy it. Feel free to post in here your impressions, when you get into it :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Wood/stone tools dont last long (was actually thinking about disabling these two types entirely, but decided not to), plates are needed for iron and better tools...

I hope you will enjoy it. Feel free to post in here your impressions, when you get into it :)
Just what I wanted to hear.

Another question: are you still maintaining the pack with more-or-less up to date mods?

I guess specifically I want to know if you're using up to date GT :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
GT is up to date... rest can be little bit outdated, since I firstly wanted to push the pack out, and then after its stable start updating the mods. Modpack is now stable, without much problems, so the next modpack update will have mod updates.

Few things could be not up to date when the pack 2.0.2 is out, because the modpak updates on FTB launcher are done mostly once per week and mods like Galacticraft and Logistic Pipes tend to have updates almost each day :)

But yea... I will try my best to keep the pack as much up to date as possible :)

arufino32

Jul 29, 2019
This modpack is awesome and it is getting less attention than it desearved. IMO, it's the best modpack available, since Gregtech is my favourite mod.
Keep up the good work and thanks for giving us this great modpack.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Update 2.0.2
- Updated FMP Integration to 1.2.3
- Updated Galacticraft (all 3 modules) to 2.0.13.1072
- Updated LogisticsPipes to 0.7.4.dev.241
- Updated Sync to 2.2.2

Reactions: AndrewAmmerlaan

Zacki06

Jul 29, 2019
After updating to 2.0.2 I get the following error-message in minecraft (client):

Forge Modloader has found ID mismaches
Complete details are in the log file

ID 10137 is mismached between world and game

And the Console says:

2014-06-16 21:23:33 [Schwerwiegend] [fml.ItemTracker] FML has detected item discrepancies
2014-06-16 21:23:33 [Schwerwiegend] [fml.ItemTracker] Missing items : {}
2014-06-16 21:23:33 [Schwerwiegend] [fml.ItemTracker] Mismatched items : {10137=(Item 10137, Type micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.items.GCCoreItemKnowledgeBook, owned by GalacticraftCore, ordinal 0, name null, claimedModId null, Item 10137, Type micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.items.GCCoreItemKnowledgeBook, owned by GalacticraftCore, ordinal 0, name item.knowledgeBook, claimedModId GalacticraftCore)}

Could you check this please?
I have a backup of my world and the 2.0.1 modpack, just in case.