[1.3.2] Map Question

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
I know with the 1.2.5 map the Standard Map didn't have mandatory bee stuff, which was awesome, I could ignore the bees, which I hate for their utter randomness. Where the Insanity map for 1.2.5 had mandatory bee stuff, so I ignored the map, even though I really wanted to play it. Will this carry over to the 1.3.2 maps, with the Standard not having bee stuff that is mandatory and the Insanity will? Or from this point forward all maps will have mandatory bee stuff?

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
You should really get into bees. It's really fun and rewarding.

Though they are random, you can go a find a bee breeder's guide which will tell you exactly the combinations that are used to mutate.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
You should know that the insanity stuff is meant to explore the indepth possibilities of each mods (at least the major ones), and bees are nearly a third of forestry, so...

you could always cheat the bees (take the reward, and change the asked items for the completion by breaking into the monument), or try not to focus too much on it at once.

Anyway, I really think they will add more challenge instead of removing them, so it's safe to assume that we will be having a long time with these on 1.3 too.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, Forestry is in the pack, and forestry has a big part about bees, even more in the newest versions.

If bees are not included, it would mean that they also remove the HV solar array, and all other crazy complicated/long things (who said anything about the billion EU? ^^).

Apart from this, true, nothing official, so you can always hope for the best I guess.

Rhinehart_

Jul 29, 2019
well i seriously doubt that bees arent going to be in the next map, in fact they could even add the end of line bees from the Extrabees mod (which if they do could be a whole monument in itself)

but i agree with RampantPanda65 bees really are some of the most rewarding and entertaining aspects of the larger mods, personally the only things im more interested in is CC and RP, and those its more because im at a loss for the amount of possibilities they create,

there are plenty of guides out there on bee breeding mechanics and the various mutations, i learned all the forestry breeds in less than 3 days with this guide
http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/forums/to ... ing-guide/
and if you want the extrabees mutations there is this one
http://hexflower.com/
unfortunatly both of these were created before senguir inserted the icy and glacier bee which i have not actually bred yet but i would assume its cultivated with wintry for icy and icy and wintery for glacial,

Monkey6775

Jul 29, 2019
Bees will forsurely be around i saw some where that slowpoke wanted to move away from the emc race and towards a infrastructure based play and bees are something that now requires more infrastructure more work and a little skill.

So i would say there will be even more bees.