Open 1.2.0: Tesseract Lag

Tim Sheehan

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
When ever i have an active tesseract and i look at it it causes major lag but no crash

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Look at the tesseract

Known Fix:
Remove the tesseract or don't look towards it

Magm_

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same issue issue.
Started on 1.2.0. Still happening on 1.2.1.
OSX - jdk1.8.0_31

UlaMZP

Jul 29, 2019
I also have the same issue. I even tried downgrading from java 8 to java 7. The downgrade to java 7 only reduced lag very very minimally.

Magm_

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like Nonsanity, a youtuber I subscribe to, had the same problem and sorted it out by disabling shaders... Maybe a MAC only issue?

Check out at 4m35s

Reactions: confuded

UlaMZP

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like Nonsanity, a youtuber I subscribe to, had the same problem and sorted it out by disabling shaders... Maybe a MAC only issue?

Check out at 4m35s

I don't have shaders installed but I do have a MAC. Thanks for the info about shaders though, good to know in case I ever want it in the future.

confuded

Jul 29, 2019
Reporting the same issue on a Mac (Pro) on 1.2.0 and 1.2.1. You don't even have to look at the tesseract directly, simply looking in the direction creates bad lag as well as makes some things white (like gelid cryothium in my reactor and me and ender conduits).

I don't have shaders installed but I do have a MAC. Thanks for the info about shaders though, good to know in case I ever want it in the future.

You don't have to have shaders installed as far as I can understand. It's a CoFH's inbuilt shaders and is a config in your FTB launcher folder -> FTB Infinity -> Minecraft -> config -> cofh -> Client.cfg, under General, the "B:EnabledShaders" parameter.
This solution did not work for me.

dudethe1st

Jul 29, 2019
Reporting the same issue on a Mac (Pro) on 1.2.0 and 1.2.1. You don't even have to look at the tesseract directly, simply looking in the direction creates bad lag as well as makes some things white (like gelid cryothium in my reactor and me and ender conduits).

You don't have to have shaders installed as far as I can understand. It's a CoFH's inbuilt shaders and is a config in your FTB launcher folder -> FTB Infinity -> Minecraft -> config -> cofh -> Client.cfg, under General, the "B:EnabledShaders" parameter.
This solution did not work for me.

The same thing did not work for me either, I disabled the shaders option by setting it to "false" but i keep trying it and it just doesn't work for me.

confuded

Jul 29, 2019
The SOLUTION (or a workaround really) IS to disable shaders, but I was changing the config in the wrong place... It should be in:
FTB launcher folder -> FTB Infinity -> Minecraft -> config -> cofh -> core -> client.cfg (it's a non-capital C in client also)
There, change "B:EnableShaderEffects" to equal to false and it fixes the problem. The tesseracts don't look pretty anymore, but now you can at least look their direction and not get mesmerised =).

Thanks to those (for me @Magm_ and nonsanity youtuber he linked) who allowed to come to the solution!

~confuded

P.S. Heh, @Nonsanity has posted his solution already here.

Last edited: