Open 1.2.0: RFTools Redstone Transmitter/Receiver does not appear to work

darkphan

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Made an RFTools Redstone Transmitter and a Receiver, placed the transmitter, shift-right clicked the receiver on the transmitter to link it and placed it in the world. Redstone signal applied to the input side of the transmitter does not appear to have any effect on the receiver. This is also true if you bind a screen module to the same channel.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes, by simply trying to use the mod as intended :)

Known Fix:

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
in the version of RFTools that is used by infinity the redstone transmitter is a bit confusing since the red dot is NOT where you should put the redstone signal in. Red dots on the logic blocks is ALWAYS the output side and since the redstone transmitter has no output you have to input from the other side.

In more recent versions of RFTools (2.52 and up) I replaced the textures with textures that make more sense. Orange dot is output and blue dot is input. So it will be easier to see from what side you have to input a signal.

If you are actually connecting the redstone to the correct side of the redstone transmitter (i.e. the side that does NOT have the red dot) then there is a real bug. Let me know if this helps.

darkphan

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, thanks! I tried other sides but only by rotating the transmitter while the redstone signal was already applied.