Open 1.2.0: Lag

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
For some reason after updating the client to 1.0.3 my base has become so lag it has gone down to 2 FPS I was playing on 60 before the update I've tried restarting my game and fastcraft is installed but I think something is causing lag in the pack now :/

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes after restarting client 3 times it continues

Known Fix:

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
I have the exact same problem, it's not Fastcraft doing it as I've had it enabled in previous versions fine and removing it from this latest one does not fix it.

I will also add that the lag is prevalent in the menu as well.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So.... 1.0.3, 1.2.0... what version it is after all?

You could always try enabling the opis mod and running the /opis command. It will pop up a window where you could get multiple statistics about what could be causing problems on the game. Specially on the client tab, after pressing the render something button, it will help diagnose what is causing so much rendering stress on your machine!

Also, if opis reports an huge amount of residual heat blocks, disable them in the railcraft config file blocks.cfg. They are only used to track player movement with trackman's goggles and should disappear after 30 seconds but.... they are known for causing a lot of issues including FPS problems since they are still processed and rendered even if invisible.

About the case where the lag is still noticed on the menu... That might be a complete diferent problem. If you are using optifine/resource packs, remove them and see if it fixes it. Other then that, I have no other tips besides the usual ones... enough memory but not too much(min 2Gb, max 4Gb), updated java(java 8 works perfectly and it really helps since its more optimized then 7)...

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
I've figured it out tesseracts are causing the lag I removed then all and my FPS Rose by like 30 FPS Other people on my server are also getting lag from tesseracts version 1.2.0

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
So.... 1.0.3, 1.2.0... what version it is after all?

You could always try enabling the opis mod and running the /opis command. It will pop up a window where you could get multiple statistics about what could be causing problems on the game. Specially on the client tab, after pressing the render something button, it will help diagnose what is causing so much rendering stress on your machine!

Also, if opis reports an huge amount of residual heat blocks, disable them in the railcraft config file blocks.cfg. They are only used to track player movement with trackman's goggles and should disappear after 30 seconds but.... they are known for causing a lot of issues including FPS problems since they are still processed and rendered even if invisible.

About the case where the lag is still noticed on the menu... That might be a complete diferent problem. If you are using optifine/resource packs, remove them and see if it fixes it. Other then that, I have no other tips besides the usual ones... enough memory but not too much(min 2Gb, max 4Gb), updated java(java 8 works perfectly and it really helps since its more optimized then 7)...
Ok, not using any resource pack or any additional mods, I am using java 8 version 25 with 4gb ram allocated and a perm size of 512mb. This lag in the menu has appeared only after upgrading to 1.2.0 and in game I get widely varied fps ranging from 2fps up to 40fps. Before upgrading to 1.2.0 I was getting around 150-200 fps. In a new world where I have built no machines, still issues with FPS. Going to try a Java update to version 31 and a reinstall of Infinity.

Yep, re-downloaded Infinity and upgraded Java to the latest version and still lag.

Ok issue is fixed. What I did was delete the FTB Infinity folder, restart my computer and then redownload version 1.1.0, everything was ok and when I upgraded to 1.2.0 again everything was still fine.

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
yeah... when stuff doesnt work correctly, re-download is not enough. Its better to make a world backup and delete the whole folder and install again. Install on top of it will probably leave the problem cause still in the system...

Glad its working again.