[1.12.2]Danny's Sirenuse Modpack for 1.12.2

danny_djdk

Jan 31, 2016
Wisconsin, US
www.youtube.com
The bug with building bricks missing textures should be fixed in the latest version. I helped the author fix this issue
That's great news! I assumed that it was an unavoidable side affect of upgrading an existing world. I just tried to reproduce it in the current version, and it's fixed! The pack does have the latest version, so no one else should experience this problem.
Thanks for letting me know! And, thanks for your all your work!

Reactions: McJty

danny_djdk

Jan 31, 2016
Wisconsin, US
www.youtube.com
The pack is going through another Minecraft upgrade. This time to 1.10.2. Yes, you can now have Polar Bears and Fallen Knights in the same world!
Fortunately, there were no major adjustments to make this time. All of the mods are working as expected except one: Chicken Chunks. This was just added in the most recent update, but if you're relying on Chicken Chunks chunk loaders in your world, you may want to wait or switch to a different chunk loader.
The updated pack should be available within the next few days.

H

Harrington

Love the pack, just downloaded it. I know I have a slower computer in typical FTB modpacks I get anywhere from 60 to 100 FPS; in your pack I tend to run about 30. Once I figured out how to boost the FPS I think this will be a great pack.. :D

R

rhys19

the 1.10 update crashes me when i try to put wooden slabs on the alvery other than that your pack is great!

danny_djdk

Jan 31, 2016
Wisconsin, US
www.youtube.com
Love the pack, just downloaded it. I know I have a slower computer in typical FTB modpacks I get anywhere from 60 to 100 FPS; in your pack I tend to run about 30. Once I figured out how to boost the FPS I think this will be a great pack.. :D
It may just have to do with the higher demands of 1.10.2, but you could try disabling Better Foliage. If you are using Realistic Terrain Gen (which is disabled by default), that will slow performance dramatically. You also might try disabling Simple Retrogen. You don't really need that for a new world.
Also, newer Minecraft version tend to use the GPU more while older versions put all the load on the CPU. You may find it helpful to adjust your GPU settings for Java if you're comfortable with such things. For me, what I found most helpful was changing the power settings for java to high performance mode rather than power saving.

H

Harrington

It may just have to do with the higher demands of 1.10.2, but you could try disabling Better Foliage. If you are using Realistic Terrain Gen (which is disabled by default), that will slow performance dramatically. You also might try disabling Simple Retrogen. You don't really need that for a new world.
Also, newer Minecraft version tend to use the GPU more while older versions put all the load on the CPU. You may find it helpful to adjust your GPU settings for Java if you're comfortable with such things. For me, what I found most helpful was changing the power settings for java to high performance mode rather than power saving.

Disabling Better Foliage took care of the problem. Thanks!

W

welshficwitch

*glomps* have made an account solely to say THANK YOU for a historyish, magicalish modpack without thaumcraft...

it may be a well made mod but the pressure of taint and that darn "mini game" sort of took all the fun out of it for me... really appreciate this pack! *glomps again*

edit: so i don't know all these mods... was exploring and found a freakin' pirate ship, laughed myself silly thinking about internet piracy invading gaming...just had to share how amused i am right now...

Last edited:

danny_djdk

Jan 31, 2016
Wisconsin, US
www.youtube.com
*glomps* have made an account solely to say THANK YOU for a historyish, magicalish modpack without thaumcraft...

it may be a well made mod but the pressure of taint and that darn "mini game" sort of took all the fun out of it for me... really appreciate this pack! *glomps again*

edit: so i don't know all these mods... was exploring and found a freakin' pirate ship, laughed myself silly thinking about internet piracy invading gaming...just had to share how amused i am right now...

Thanks! If Thaumcraft does come to 1.10.2, there's a good chance it will end up in this pack, but of course it will just sit quietly in the background if you choose not to play it. ;) Well, except for the Angry Zombies and huge greatwood trees scattered throughout the landscape. It took me a while to get into Thaumcraft, but as you might be able to tell by my Thaumcraft 5 series, it eventually won me over. It's a lot less grindy than previous versions, but the balancing act with taint and warp are still there.

The pirate ship comes from the Quark mod. They have some decent loot if you're ready to take down the pirates. The nice thing about Quark is that everything is configurable. So, if you don't like the pirate ships or anything else, it's pretty easy to turn them off in the configs.

Enjoy!

R

rhys19

Glad you got it working. This is a pretty RAM hungry pack. It seems most of the 1.9+ packs are. Enjoy! And, feel free to post if you run into any more problems.
ok hopefully there will be alot more 1.9/1.10 packs in the future!

A

Atomic_Atom15

I don't know what I'm doing wrong some help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• crash-2016-07-16_22.14.10-client.txt
    18.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
A

Atomic_Atom15

Looks like you need to allocate more memory. Go into the Options tab in the FTB Launcher and swing the Ram Maximum bar to at least 4GB, preferably 6GB. I'd also recommend that you disabled Better Foliage or you might get a lot of lag.
Thanks for the help, great modpack I really enjoy playing it.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
I find BoP's poison ivy to be an irritant I don't want to live with. I can't find any place in the RTG or BoP configs to disable it so I'm just going to disable BoP. Am I going to miss out on anything by doing that?

danny_djdk

Jan 31, 2016
Wisconsin, US
www.youtube.com
I find BoP's poison ivy to be an irritant I don't want to live with. I can't find any place in the RTG or BoP configs to disable it so I'm just going to disable BoP. Am I going to miss out on anything by doing that?
The only thing you'll miss out on are the BOP biomes and items. None of the other mods depend on BOP, so you should be fine without it. I'm pretty sure there is a way to disable it, but I don't remember how. Some of BOP configs aren't very straightforward.

N

NoPlot

Loving the pack so far. I have run into a problem, however. The game crashes whenever I right click any NeoTech machine. I've attached a copy of the crash report.

On a side note, is there any way to make steel without NeoTech? The power requirements are crazy.

Attachments

• crash-2016-08-02_10.32.37-client.txt
    25 KB · Views: 122

danny_djdk

Jan 31, 2016
Wisconsin, US
www.youtube.com
Loving the pack so far. I have run into a problem, however. The game crashes whenever I right click any NeoTech machine. I've attached a copy of the crash report.

On a side note, is there any way to make steel without NeoTech? The power requirements are crazy.
Is that happening with all NeoTech machines? Hopefully it's fixed in the Bookshelf API update. I should have that pushed to the modpack soon.
I know you used to be able to make steel by putting chain mail armor in the tinkers smeltery. It has to be fully repaired (use iron in an anvil). I don't know of any other way in this pack, but I'll have to check JEI the next time I play.