1.1.0: v1.1.1 Client Crash (disconnects other players, and crashes current Player)

Mr.Flamegoat

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
This is actually for v1.1.1

Got a player that crashed after after she died from a potion effect (potion plant). Now when she rejoins, anyone in the vicinity of her crashes to desktop (no crash log that we see).

I'm working on removing her potion effect to see if that solves the issue, but I'll pastebin this in case it's useful for future use. EDIT: She no longer has this after she died. So this is not the case. Sorry for misleading!

Also, if somehow this is my fault (I run my own server, could very well be me) then any help would be great!

Below is the pastebin with both what the client crashing sees as well as the raw server log:

http://pastebin.com/LmduwUF6

EDIT: Updated pastebin without IP in it.

Mod & Version:
Direwolf20 1.7.10 - 1.1.1

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes. We're trying to repair the world currently, but it is ongoing. EDIT: Still going to troll through NBT data to determine what's happening.

Known Fix:
None yet.

Last edited:

Mr.Flamegoat

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE: We deleted her uuid.dat file, and that seems to have cleared the issue - still unsure why - I can upload her dat file if that would be helpful. Thanks!

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Are you certain this is a potion plant thing? If the players around her are also crashing, that sounds more like Flux Flu from Thaumcraft, which is one of the few effects I know of that actually spreads to other nearby entities.
The dat file would be good, I'm curious to see what happened here now..... XD

Mr.Flamegoat

Jul 29, 2019
I was streaming when I posted this, but taking a closer look, it just appears that she may have had a corrupt player data as the error that shown in the server logs is an IO error. Seems it just can't read her data. However, why that was causing myself and other players to crash when she joined (as well as she crashing herself) is still unknown. Should be noted that the crash is instantaneous upon connection. Myself and others (though, without explanation one person never crashed) would crash the moment her username appeared in chat with the join message.

Her initial crash was definitely related to the Potion Plant (she noted one of the plant effects hit her), which is in the paste bin below the raw server output. Whether this crash led to the corrupt player.dat on the server side, I'm not sure.

I will post the dat file tomorrow after work (no longer at my desk).

Thanks!

Mr.Flamegoat

Jul 29, 2019
Attached the culprit's dat file. Does show a status_effect, but still not sure if that's what was causing the issue. Since she had just died, we grabbed her gravestone, deleted her data file and all has been well since. Not sure if this was a fluke or not, but maybe you guys can get more out of it than me!

Compressing my posts
Edit 1:

Another update: So we had another user that this happened to. I loaded his dat file, deleted an Active Effect with the ID of 111 from his dat file. Reuploaded. When he spawned in, I saw him die at his grave and he respawned successfully without a crash. Still unsure as to what caused it, but that's the fix without losing the player data.

Edit 2:

So, looked up the effect status and turns out that drowning or fire death causes this issue on my server. We're testing it now. So far we've confirmed that burning to death crashes you and random people around you.

Odd.

Edit 3:

Death by fire is permanent crash status. I have to go in and remove the fire damage (-20 on fire) as well as remove the active effect to allow the user to join without crashing themselves or others.

Edit 4:

Scratch that. Dying in any form or fashion causes this. Lol. Yay. :D

Attachments

• culprit_player.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Gah, downloads. XD
Put it into pastebin or similar please? It's a bit more secure and much easier to read.

Signum90

Jul 29, 2019
I have a similar problem.
Our server updated from 1.0.3 to 1.1.1 and the moment i died and respawned, my client crashed. Removed optifine, still the same.
The admin then deleted my player files and i could join again.
After that i died a second time on the way back to my base, same crash again.
This is the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/2hfEtV8W

Mr.Flamegoat

Jul 29, 2019
Seems this may be related to the gravestone Soul Fray active effect given to users. Only thing everyone has in common. Possible?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
It is indeed possible. I seem to remember a thread about this a while back, same general idea. Try searching for that I suppose?