1.0.3: Texture Bugs when using Optifine

Ben Scherer

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I use Optifine to play the pack, because it seems like the particles of the Botania flowers seem to cause quite a lot of lag. So recently I updated to v1.0.3 and suddenly when loading my world blocks like the smeltery, all better barrels, pattern chests and my Thaumcraft crucible turned invisible.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine doesn't play all that well with a lot of other mods.
Its also the reason why DW20 doesn't put it in his pack he is aware of this.
If any at all you could perhaps take a look at Fastcraft which seems to improve the game's performance significantly

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
You should try other versions of Optifine, it still does have alot bigger effect on performance than fastcraft. It says in the site that Ultra versions are the least compatible with mods, so try something like HD Standard or even Light.

Ben Scherer

Jul 29, 2019
Gonna try that as well, but I'm very happy with Fastcraft, got me from a constant 15fps to 80fps ;-)
Thanks guys!

reggie997

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys talk about textures,
I cant get any resources packs to work. i select and click done, but it doesn't change it, it stays as default.
PLEASE HELP

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys talk about textures,
I cant get any resources packs to work. i select and click done, but it doesn't change it, it stays as default.
PLEASE HELP
Do you click the icon with the arrow on it?
Otherwise check the resourcepacks folder

Send using magic that is TapaTalk

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
You should try other versions of Optifine, it still does have alot bigger effect on performance than fastcraft. It says in the site that Ultra versions are the least compatible with mods, so try something like HD Standard or even Light.
This is partially true!
Using the ultra version requires a good PC too.
The lighter versions are meant for lesser PC's

Send using magic that is TapaTalk