1.0.3: Project red (or possibly just redstone) bug?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
http://imgur.com/yaHfjRK
Trying to automate some Botania stuff, since I'm making a giant island of the smaller flowers and I don't REALLY want to have to stand in front of the petal thing for an hour for it. But with this setup, project-red wire/repeaters, the top two droppers have a habit of dropping more than one item at a time, and often the bottom one won't drop anything at all.
I have the wire disconnected from the timer in this picture, it's normally connected, so no worries there.
Any ideas on what's up here?

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

grodzik

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, maybe try adding solid block between repeaters and droppers.

Wysłane z mojego GT-N7100 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Nahaniel

Jul 29, 2019
put a redstone (vanilla or p:Red) infront of the timer!
It seems it dont touch the existing wiring...

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
But... the signal went through, but the weird double drops and nondrops were occasional. Hence why I'm confused about it, since you'd think that if I was doing something silly and obvious, it would have a consistent result.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
But... the signal went through, but the weird double drops and nondrops were occasional. Hence why I'm confused about it, since you'd think that if I was doing something silly and obvious, it would have a consistent result.

If you check Dire's video where he set up the Endoflame flower, he used a specific mod's dropper which worked better than the vanilla droppers as he said that there are issues with vanilla droppers that should be avoided where possible. Vanilla Minecraft Droppers have anything but a consistent drop! ;)

Also, if you want a really precise and configurable dropper setup, do check out the ones available from Factorization, they can drop one item at a time, I believe, from seeing a video Dire did on that mod.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

10pm

Jul 29, 2019
Dire used the Botania Open Crate, wich in his setup as it is right now, wont work

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, ok. I'll try a different dropper or two tonight, see if that fixes it. Thanks all. :)