1.0.3: Mob Interaction Stopped Working

lauch

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I was playing two nights ago, able to interact with mobs without issue. Today, when I loaded my single player game up, I am not able to hit mobs at all, though they can hit me. I tried loading up the backup from two days ago. I also tried deleting the player file.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/b61c63ed

Can it be repeated:
Repeated on old backups. Repeated after game logout/login. Repeated after computer logout/login.

Known Fix:

lauch

Jul 29, 2019
Additional Information:
  1. Checked Survival/Adventure mode. Appear to be in survival (did command line change as well)
  2. I'm able to left click on blocks, just not mobs.
  3. I tried it empty handed and with a sword/pickaxe/block.
  4. Can't hit mobs in creative mode either
No config changes were made. I've recently setup a turbine from big reactors and am wearing power armor (though I tried with and without power armor)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds weird
does it not work with a sword either?

The log says some weirds things about Mantle and Twilight Forest.
Try disabling Twilight Forest or Mantle (and Tinkers Construct, Tinkers Mechworks and Natura)

lauch

Jul 29, 2019
IT doesn't work with anything. I've not even been to twilight forest. Mantle is the core for those?

lauch

Jul 29, 2019
The question is, if I disable modes, does that fix the problem or just make it so I can't play stuff from that mod. (I like Tinkers and Twilight)

What's really odd is that you just left click on a sheep or cow and it just does nothing....no interaction at all.

lauch

Jul 29, 2019
Update: loaded a world from earlier in the day from Tuesday....still not working (and I know it was working when I played it at that time) It's obvious to me that some file or config is corrupted, though I'm clueless what that is.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, Twilight isn't the issue it seems, that damage calculation stuff is normal. Sadly, the console log isn't report what IS the issue either.
I guess back up your saves, then reinstall the pack? Then if that doesn't work, reinstall the launcher and change it's download path to Curse or something.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Likely a corrupt file, given the reinstall fixed it. Happens for a lot of reasons, like the download being interrupted for a moment or two, or some other program modifying a file it wasn't supposed to, or even some weird mod interaction that changed a config somewhere. Basically computers and their coding are complicated, so murphy's law. ;)