1.0.3: DW20 1.7.10 Connecting Wired Modem to Vibrant Capacitor Crashes World

Thunder1221sa

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Whenever I connect a wired modem to a vibrant capacitor it disconnects me from my server and states"Server Closed". It could be either Ender IO or ComputerCraft. Crash report is at http://pastebin.com/ZJwk0vVE

Mod & Version:
ComputerCraft(1.65) EnderIO(1.7.10-2.2.5.311)

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
The bug can be repeated, I went in again and tried it, same thing happened.

Known Fix:

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
Dire explained that the openPheriperal-Mod that is shipped with the pack is bugged. CC nor EIO are to blame

hpeanutly

Jul 29, 2019
I've got exactly the same problem. Full server log at: http://pastebin.com/MHyZUyWM
I've put the full server log as I don't know which bits would be important.
The crash always happens when connecting a modem as Thunder says. If I connect the modem to the CC capacitor BEFORE connecting to the computer, then the crash occurs when activating the modem on the back of the computer instead.

Uproller

Jul 29, 2019
A very simple workaround for now is to connect the capacitor bank directly to the computer without the use of modems. The rest (monitors etc) can be connected to the computer via modems.

ABCRic

Jul 29, 2019
Getting the same issue when trying to connect a wired modem to a peripheral proxy attached to an IC2 CESU.
This bug was reported to OpenPeripherals devs here, and it seems the cause is this bug in ProjectRed - it's bundling an old version of the ComputerCraft API.
The solution is to update ProjectRed.

Will there be a pack update fixing this issue any time soon?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I suspect they'd like to put a bunch of fixes and updates into the next iteration of DW 1.7, rather than spamming people with new versions of the same pack that only include one or two fixes. ;)

ABCRic

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I do agree. I just figured that since the last two versions came, respectively, around two months and one month ago, it's probably due for another update around this time.
That and small bugs like this one that prevent from building systems just right irk me :p

Zentin

Jul 29, 2019
Update Project Red to build 59 and then it will work.
Also, update it on both server and client, and i'm sorry, everyone should update Project Red in their clients too if you are playng together\hosting a server etc.