Hund

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Server crashes on a daily basis. Crashlog: http://pastebin.com/Z2BYRu7J

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Start server and it will crash after approximately ~6-12 hours.

Known Fix:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have fastcraft installed on the server? Also have you updated Aroma Backup to it's latest version?

Hund

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have fastcraft installed on the server? Also have you updated Aroma Backup to it's latest version?

I only have fastcraft on my client. Should I install in on the server to? I removed Aroma Backup a while ago, since its broken and uses 100% CPU.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Hummm. The console is complaining that your "world is null". It's also complaining about Industrialcraft 2 and something to do with transferring energy I believe. Also something about "enetbridge"s.

Honestly, it sounds like something has become corrupted in your server's version of the pack. How much of a hassle would it be to reinstall DW20 and restart the server with the current saved world?

Hund

Jul 29, 2019
Hummm. The console is complaining that your "world is null". It's also complaining about Industrialcraft 2 and something to do with transferring energy I believe. Also something about "enetbridge"s.

Honestly, it sounds like something has become corrupted in your server's version of the pack. How much of a hassle would it be to reinstall DW20 and restart the server with the current saved world?

What do you mean with reinstalling? Making a copy of the folder "World" and removing everything else and then re-download the server files?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so when you go into the resource packs area of the title screen, there's an option to go to the resource pack folder. if you go one folder back there should be a folder called "saves". You want to copy this folder if it has your server world in it.
If it doesn't have your world there, you may need to research where it gets stored if it's a server, as I have never tried to run one, so I wouldn't know it's normal location.

Hund

Jul 29, 2019
The world is kept in a folder named "world" when youre running a server. :)

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Heh.
Basically, copy/pasta anything that has to do with the specifics of your world. In this case it would likely include "world", "players", anything to do with whitelists or ban lists, etc.
If you named your server world, there should be a folder with that name on it, in which case copy that entire thing.

Reach4it

Jul 29, 2019
it is common for servers to restart every hr or 2 when running large modpacks. there are some leaks and restarting generally is healthy to keep the server running well.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Also, even if you don't end up using Aroma Backup, you should have some kind of thing backing up your server once every hour or two at least, assuming more traffic than one or two people.

Hund

Jul 29, 2019
Also, even if you don't end up using Aroma Backup, you should have some kind of thing backing up your server once every hour or two at least, assuming more traffic than one or two people.

I know. I'm doing manual backups atm, but I'm looking into automating it with a bash-script and cron.

Edit: Btw, I dont know. But its been a day or two since the last crash now. Weird.