Closed 1.0.2: Fence Gates

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Fence gates not connecting properly and animals think they can jump over them. Carpenters and (vanilla gates) EDIT: occurs with Extra Trees fences/gates which replaces the vanilla version at crafting.

CKu1fdr.png

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes

Known Fix:
Workaround of putting another gate on top to stop the animals crowding at the gate and all jumping around OR cheat in the vanilla gate

Last edited:

DakSevkla

Jul 29, 2019
Noticing this as well. World was genned in 1.0.1, fences were made and placed in 1.0.2. I noticed the fence gates that you make are NOT Minecraft vanilla fence gates, and the fences are. This may be why.

Chickens CAN walk through the hole between the fence gate and the fence, lost about 10 of them to that before I just closed it off completely.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Noticing this as well. World was genned in 1.0.1, fences were made and placed in 1.0.2. I noticed the fence gates that you make are NOT Minecraft vanilla fence gates, and the fences are. This may be why.

Chickens CAN walk through the hole between the fence gate and the fence, lost about 10 of them to that before I just closed it off completely.
That is correct, some modded fences don't work the same way as vanilla one, there is nothing I can do to fix that.

DakSevkla

Jul 29, 2019
Well the problem stems from the fact that you can't make a Vanilla fence gate, the default fence gate, made with oak, is the Extra Trees Oak Gate.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Aaaaah, that's why I couldn't replicate in test world cos cheated in the vanilla gates.

So that's a workaround as well