1.0.2: Does not work with cauldron servers because of CoFHCore 3.0.0B7-35. We need a Update fast!

brunyman

Mar 5, 2013
Version:

What is the bug:
Server does not start.
CoFHCore 3.0.0B7-35 is not working on any cauldron server.

Mod & Version:
CoFHCore-3.0.0B7-35

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://pastebin.com/bamb6ZJn

Can it be repeated:
Just update to v1.0.2 and run any cauldron build for 1.7.10.

Known Fix:
Problem was fixed in CoFHCore build: CoFHCore-[1.7.10]3.0.0B8-dev-36
We need the mod updated to this version as soon as possible.

brunyman

Mar 5, 2013
This update it's just fixes, does not need major testing, update will be great for all cauldron users

MoparDan

Jul 29, 2019
Another option is to just manually update CoFH core (and CoFH if required) and run with that. As for your playerbase, just make a posting about it on your website with a link to the mod(s) website.

BE FORWARNED! I learned this from experience, and yes, its a pain in the arse to do, but set up a test bed and fully test it before pushing it to a live server. I have made this mistake before thinking "its just a bugfix release, whats the harm?" and ended up breaking compatibility with some mods and also destabilizing the server.

Those that run a decent sized server should know this already, but nothing is as simple as "just drop it in and run with it".....

brunyman

Mar 5, 2013
Problem here is FTB Team only says "We do not support cauldron" so they do not care if it's working ok not. And that's sad because lot's of servers use it.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Have they specified WHY they don't support Cauldron? Odds are there's a good reason for not doing so.

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
Difficult, for one and not just recently, Cauldron support has been in decline. Devs are moving on to Sponge at least. On the other hand, servers seem to run better on Cauldron. I am not server guy.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
The conversation on why FTB does not directly support things like Cauldron has been had a few times and the answers have never really changed. See this thread for the last time we had a comprehensive discussion on the matter. Like it or dislike it, that's just how things are due to the nature of what things like Cauldron do. As this is a bug report forum I'd rather the discussion not get rehashed on that yet again and will thank people to not turn this thread into such.

With that said, it's still good to know issues like this so they can be addressed with future iterations of the pack.