1.0.2: Crashing on death

Jippofarmer

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
If you die, you can press the respawn button but once you do your client just crashes and every time you try to join the server again you crash.

Mod & Version:
N/A

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://pastebin.com/9RdNuinU

Can it be repeated:
Yes, all 4 of us have died and not been able to rejoin due to the crash.

Known Fix:
N/A

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Disable or update BoP, that seems to be one of the bigger culprits for server crashes.

OpenCircuit

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm that something similar is happening to me as well. Upon death, an Active Effect is applied to the player.dat file, and once removed, the player can login to the server again. Their items are left in their grave (if using a mod for this) with no conflict.

I've tested this with no items in inventory, no baubles, and no morph. It always applies the Active Effect, and until removed from the dat file, will continue to crash the client when a player attempts to connect. The server does not crash.

Here is the NBTExplorer screenshot of the player.dat file

12-14-2014 3-56-46 PM.png

I've tested this while using either ForgeEssentials Afterlife mod, or OpenBlocks graves. This also happens in either the overworld, or any other dimension (nether, end, etc).

EDIT: I'm not sure why this would be BoP related, but I have not attempted to update BoP yet.

UPDATE - After further testing, I've found that this ActiveEffect ID#111 is applied after you click respawn. Happens to all players, and only until the click respawn is the effect applied to the player file.

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. The only "upon respawn" effect I've heard of so far is the Soul Fray from Blood Magic, which is meant to stop you from zerging your blood altar. But it's not mentioned anywhere in the log, while BoP is spammed there. Plus it's not 5999 duration.
However, it looks like, upon further study, that the effect is preventing you from loading the data about the world the server is trying to send.
The id for the effect is 111, is there a list somewhere we can peruse?

OpenCircuit

Jul 29, 2019
I should probably create my own thread and not highjack this one. My logs do not report anything BoP related - and instead of posting them here - might be better in their own bug report.