1.0.2: BeeKeeping Energy Problems

SkullCandy808

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Hi! Ive been playing this pack for about a week now, and I love it!
I just strted with bees today.
There seems to be a bug with the Acclimatiser. I will not recieve energy, neither from Ender IO conduits or the Railcraft steam engine.
I saw that there is three different recipes for the Acclimatiser, so I tried them all, but nothing works..
Is there something I do wrong? Cause right now it doesnt seem that neither RF or MJ will power this machine and Im worried if it will be the same for the rest of the Genetics mod machines.

I hope you will look into it and fix it or tell me if Im doing something wrong!

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Zajo

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to replicate this in my creative world and for some reason when I want to craft the RF version it crafts me a MJ version wihch will only accept energy directly from the extra utilities generators or thermal expansion energy cell, but not from conduits. If you want, craft the MJ version then cheat in the RF version and delete the MJ one. RF version should work with conduits.

Reactions: CompassRose

Slye_Fox

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to replicate this in my creative world and for some reason when I want to craft the RF version it crafts me a MJ version wihch will only accept energy directly from the extra utilities generators or thermal expansion energy cell, but not from conduits. If you want, craft the MJ version then cheat in the RF version and delete the MJ one. RF version should work with conduits.

I've been doing this in my MP game.
The bug is that no matter what Genetics machine you craft, you get the MJ version.

sigaming

Jul 29, 2019
just got the same issue. I know this is kinda an old thread but has there been any resolve?

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
There might not be a resolution till 1.0.3 or further, as I assume the pack team would like to release as many bug fixes as they can at once, instead of two a day or however many they can wrestle out.

Fiddlemoose

Jul 29, 2019
Im worried if it will be the same for the rest of the Genetics mod machines.

Yeah, none of the genetics machines work in survival. The MJ ones can't be powered and the RF/EU ones can't be crafted. The only way to make things work is to cheat in the RF/EU machines.

Many things about the genetics/extra trees/extra bees mods have stopped working the past 6 months. People are having trouble with nuts/fruits not dropping, sequenced genes not being saved, these machines not being powered and game crashes. It's because the author of these mods, Binnie, has stopped updating them and is no longer posting on his forums. People are saying it's because he is busy with school IRL, and we hope that we might hear from him over the Christmas break.

But yeah, there's many problems with these mods. They're basically in disrepair, and it'll probably only get worse as time goes on.

CompassRose

Jul 29, 2019
Confirmed your suggestion with the extra utilities generators. Directly connecting a furnace generator and loading it with coal powered up each and every genetics machines in survival mode. Thanks to that I was able to keep working with forestry. However they won't connect to ender io conduits or a redstone energy cell as was previously mentioned. I'm happy with the extra utilities generators workaround as most of these machines don't require that much power to operate. You can get by on coal power quite sufficiently to get what you need out of those machines.

sigaming

Jul 29, 2019
it seems in the direwolf20 pack v. 1.0.3 all issues with the machines have been fixed. Other than accepting rf. Which we have worked around with extra utils. I have been piping fluids around with ender IO. The polymeriser seemed to not accept dna until I piped in the bacteria