1.0.1: Thermal Expansion Portable Tanks content level not updating

Zigian

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
When using either a Reinforced Portable Tank or a Resonant Portable tank, the liquid level in the tank doesn't update visually or in waila mouseover for liquids that are piped in. Wrenching the tank twice from input to output and back to input updates the level. Also, relogging into the game updates the level. Liquids exhibiting this behavior include LiquidXP and MobEssence. No other liquids were tested. Pipes used in testing were EnderIO Ender Fluid Conduits. No other pipes were tested. Bug doesn't seem to affect Hardened or normal portable tanks.

Mod & Version:
Thermal Expansion

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes.

Known Fix:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to add another bug with TE tanks here, cause it would seem to be relevant.
I was making gelid cryotheum yesterday, and I threw down a basic copper tank close by and started to connect the two with EnderIO fluid conduits. When I connected the first one to the magma crucible, it immediately filled with cryotheum, but when I put a second one down next to it, the two refused to connect.

I feel this is relevant to tanks as well, because when I later tried to pump liquids out of one of them, the conduits would not do so, despite switching the mode of the tank a few times. In fact, to my knowledge no conduit or pipe will currently transfer fluids to and from these tanks, the only ways I have been able to fill or empty them are with buckets or throwing them in the fluid transposer.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to add another bug with TE tanks here, cause it would seem to be relevant.
I was making gelid cryotheum yesterday, and I threw down a basic copper tank close by and started to connect the two with EnderIO fluid conduits. When I connected the first one to the magma crucible, it immediately filled with cryotheum, but when I put a second one down next to it, the two refused to connect.

I feel this is relevant to tanks as well, because when I later tried to pump liquids out of one of them, the conduits would not do so, despite switching the mode of the tank a few times. In fact, to my knowledge no conduit or pipe will currently transfer fluids to and from these tanks, the only ways I have been able to fill or empty them are with buckets or throwing them in the fluid transposer.

2 tanks side by side won't connect. They have to be stacked on top of one another. They also can only input/output from the top and bottoms.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I realize. This is one tank, with enderio conduits attached to top or bottom.
Strange, because it worked when I tried it. If I set the Ender IO conduit to insert/extract and clicked the tank with a wrench so the bottom was orange, it output into the conduit. If I did nothing to the tank, so the bottom stayed blue, and set the conduit to extract, it also worked. I also put 2 tanks on top of each other with a single conduit between them. Just by changing the conduit settings, I was able to pump from the top tank to the bottom and then back to the top tank. Check the conduit settings. By default, they are not set to extract. When you set them to extract, you also have to set the redstone state for them to function. I think they default to active with signal, if I remember right.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, maybe that's it. Lemme check with the conduits I've been trying to use with a tesseract....

YES, that's it. I had to set them to active without signal. Would it be possible for that to be fixed next update? I get the impression most people won't think to look at the redstone settings, much less go into a config to make sure the conduits are placed with that in mind.