1.0.1: Server Startup Crash (Solved)

OtakuD

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Map used to work in 1.6.4, broke all multi-block structures and removed IC2 mass fabricator. Client starts fine but still get this error on server, searched a lot and came up empty. :/

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/78207a56

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Well : there is an ID-conflict.

Just to make it clear : are you trying to use an old 1.6.4 map in new 1.7.10 pack ? Well, this will fail as many things are changed. Even there are changed from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 so another world-reset is recommended. If you tried to update an old map from 1.6.4 to new 1.7.10 pack v1.0.0 and then to 1.0.1 you can throw your map in the trash ... its likely to be totaly corrupted and can't used/loaded anymore.

OtakuD

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thanks I will try to go from here, I see the error format has changed a lot, thought it was a tick error rather than an ID but I see now thanks. I've ported this map many times all the way from MC 1.0 days and managed to get it right after much fiddling, won't be giving up anytime soon! ;)

OtakuD

Jul 29, 2019
Do I really need sarcastic comments like this? Come here for help and all I get is "give up", rather don't "help" then.

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
It's not sarcasm but rather information as many change-logs from back then til now shows many times : world-rebuild required.
Sure you can try to adjust configs or modify world-files, but one time you will reach a point where you just can't fix it anymore as something heavy changed.

OtakuD

Jul 29, 2019
Should that time come I will be sure to come back here so that you can laugh and enjoy yourself. Thanks again.

progwml6

Launcher Dev
Launcher Developer
Mod Developer
Nov 15, 2013
worlds from the 1.6 pack can't be updated to 1.7

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
If I had to make a guess : I don't think so.
The 1.6.4-pack used AE1, the new one AE2. So not only many IDs changed but also how the whole mod works at all. If you have a complex network with 50+ nodes on a normale glass-cable it would just not work anymore with the new channel-design. You have to re-wire the whole network to get it up and running again.
Also IC2 got a new update and there are so many changes between used 1.6.4 build and the the new 1.7.10 that I would guess also lot of your setup IC2 system completely messed up.
The same goes for many other mods. Some removed, some added, some change just a bit but most a whole lot ... if you really manage to migrate a 1.6.4 world (wich, as you said, is old as MC 1.0) I surely want to now HOW you did it or wich tools you used to accomplish this.

OtakuD

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, thank you for you input, I play with mods in certain regions of the world so I simply remove regions until it loads, IC2 and AE2 were problems as well as some of my extra mods I installed into the pack. All in all thank you for your time it has been solved.

eidt: also my biggest asset is simply going back to the 1.6.4 world and removing items that I think could be causing problems from the world i.e. the multi block structures were a problem from 1.4 etc. so I started there.

Sen-Mithrarin

Jul 29, 2019
Again : my posts are not sarcastic but informative. Sadly it isn't that easy to just upgrade from 1 to 2 as in many other ... but just tryin to force a world to work in a new version with all such new updates and stuff ... it's just not that easy, or sometimes just not possible as some most are changed completely. And for it's also not that much fun to load up an old world in a old version, removing all "this might can be broken"-stuff and re-add all in creative. I would spent this time by just start a new world and also its more fun to challenge again "the first night" and re-gather the needed items. But what ever ... nervermind

OtakuD

Jul 29, 2019
I understand your point, but we have specifically made our main town strictly vanillia parts with outlying areas for each mod to avoid loss. It's been with my family for over a year now with lots of memories and build challenges so it would be a waste to just give up. I appreciate your input but I think it's well worth the few hours I devote to upgrading it. :)