1.0.1: DW20 1.7 PERMANENT world hole

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
An un-reloggable world hole in the middle of my base. Just randomly appeared after I went looking for a village a ways away, died, gamemode 1'd to get back, and then walked back normally, only to find a chunk sized hole through bedrock that had no light lvl and slowly dropped me down it if I walked in.

Tried reloading the world twice by going to title screen, and when that didn't cause it to fix itself I tried restarting FTB altogether. This also didn't work, so I tried F3-A (again, no dice) and I'm now staring at it wondering what to do.

It's not as urgent as it might be, since it isn't currently holding anything I need, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mod & Version:
Direwolf 20 1.7 1.0.1

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log: (Minimal version)
http://pastebin.com/b6pEcC8F

Can it be repeated:
Maybe?

Known Fix:
Delete the chunk with a world editing program.

Last edited:

Yaeger

Jul 29, 2019
This is your problem:

[22:46:12] [Server thread/ERROR]: Chunk file at -56,71 is in the wrong location; relocating. (Expected -56, 71, got -64, 74)

I used Fenixin Minecraft-region-fixer (over on github) to repair my world. Keep in mind though, the faulty chunk will be replaced with a backup of a non-corrupt one, so if it contained part of your base, you may loose stuff. I was lucky, the faulty chunk was just outside my base.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh, I shall admit that I am not much of a coder. I've tried to use Regionfixer a few times now and it can't seem to find the world file, even if I move it to Prog. Files where RF is, rather than x86 where the whole pack is stored. Help? XD

Edit; Went and deleted the chunk with MCEdit instead, and that seems to have fixed it, but I'd still be interested in learning what to do with RF.

Last edited:

Yaeger

Jul 29, 2019
What I did was to prepare a directory containing RF, a copy of my world save, and the directory containing the backup. Please note you have to unzip the backup first.
so:
Unpacked Minecraft RF directory :
Minecraft-RF/
Directory containing your world save:
Minecraft-RF/MyWorld/
And the directory containing the backup(s):
Minecraft-RF/MyWorld_backup/

Then, in a command shell (start->run->cmd), do a 'cd' to the Minecraft-RF directory, then execute:
> region-fixed.exe -rw -b MyWorld_backup MyWorld

The '-rw' switch tells RF to replace wrongly located regions with copies from the backup supplied with the -b switch.

HTH

PS: Exuse my use of slashes, I am a heavy *nix user.