Closed 1.0.1: Crash on world load

CompyFine

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Today i have updated Infinty too 1.1.0 But when i tried too load my game it crashed.

Hopefully someone can help me with this problem

Thank you!

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Attachments

• crash-2015-02-22_20.22.01-client.txt
    41.8 KB · Views: 93

DatNano

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same issue, although I played before on 1.1.0 and everything worked fine. I downgraded to older versions, updated my java and restarted my computer several times. The first time after I downgraded I was able to spawn in the world, but I immediately crashed. My computer isn't very good, but I was able to play at 25 FPS before. I also don't know what is causing the crashing. Lastly, I can still play on other worlds or the recreated one, so maybe i placed a broken block or something.
(My first post, yay)

CompyFine

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your reply. Yesterday i upgraded to version 1.2.0 this has seem to fixed the problem. And my computer isnt as great as well, i generally play with about 40-60 fps. Depending on where i am at at that point.

What i did was getting my last working saved game put that aside, deleted the whole install, and reinstall it again (with 1.2.0) and the put the saved instance back in de save folder. That did the trick for me.

BTW it was my first post aswell \o/

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
The crash seems to be caused by Opis generating the map.
Probably because Opis cached world copy had different information since some blocks where removed from 1.0.1 version. Since the clean install cleared this cache, the problem disappeared. Clearing the mapwrite folder in the saves folder would probably had been enough so solve the crash.

If it happens again when you upgrade the pack, try clearing the mapwriter folder first to see if it solves it.

DatNano

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I updated the pack to 1.2.0 and It worked. I crashed then because i typed bucket in the machine inventory manager for input. If it happens over again, i most likely will make a thread for it. Still, thanks for your help!

CompyFine

Jul 29, 2019
The crash seems to be caused by Opis generating the map.
Probably because Opis cached world copy had different information since some blocks where removed from 1.0.1 version. Since the clean install cleared this cache, the problem disappeared. Clearing the mapwrite folder in the saves folder would probably had been enough so solve the crash.

If it happens again when you upgrade the pack, try clearing the mapwriter folder first to see if it solves it.

Oh okey, thanks. I also read somewhere (maybe on this forum) that the problem could be the chunkloader. But i already had updated so i couldnt test it. But the problem is solved.

CompyFine

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I updated the pack to 1.2.0 and It worked. I crashed then because i typed bucket in the machine inventory manager for input. If it happens over again, i most likely will make a thread for it. Still, thanks for your help!

Great, enjoy the pack

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Oh okey, thanks. I also read somewhere (maybe on this forum) that the problem could be the chunkloader. But i already had updated so i couldnt test it. But the problem is solved.

Code:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
   at java.nio.Buffer.position(Unknown Source)
   at mapwriter.Texture.getRGB(Texture.java:77)
   at mapwriter.BlockColourGen.getIconMapColour(BlockColourGen.java:31)
   at mapwriter.BlockColourGen.genBlockColours(BlockColourGen.java:145)

Definitely mapwriter :)