1.0.1: 1.0.1 Filler crashing the game

DerFred3

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
As stated in the title, the filler from Buildcraft will crash the game when the area it is about to clear contains Hedges from The Twilight Forest mod.

Mod & Version:
Direwolf20 1.7.10 ; 1.0.1

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/47998c74

Can it be repeated:
After restarting the mod pack loading the world it will instantly crash again making the world unplayable.

Known Fix:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
sadly ran into the same problem. "Flatten" seemed to work fine for me, but after switching to "Horizon"-mode it crashed my singleplayerworld into being unplayable...

Anyone knows how to fix this problem?
Cause I forgot to write down my seed and I rather would like to "not" start again from zero... x.x

[edit]
Possible Fix:
Disabling the buildcraft-mod and starting the world, so the filler gets deleted.
Downside of this: Every buildcraft item gets deleted... but the world works again.

Last edited:

hellboym5

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
sadly ran into the same problem. "Flatten" seemed to work fine for me, but after switching to "Horizon"-mode it crashed my singleplayerworld into being unplayable...

Anyone knows how to fix this problem?
Cause I forgot to write down my seed and I rather would like to "not" start again from zero... x.x

[edit]
Possible Fix:
Disabling the buildcraft-mod and starting the world, so the filler gets deleted.
Downside of this: Every buildcraft item gets deleted... but the world works again.

or delete te chunk file

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm one of the players who hardly know about the technical stuff around these things. And without knowing what to search for, it's quite difficult finding the right help with google ^^"

So thanks to you two for pointing out what I can search for next time something like that happens :)
(Luckily the filler was my first buildcraft-item I built so I went for now with the "disable mod" solution. Will be for now my last buildcraft item until I read it behaves a bit more stable, hehe)

Sketchy Pyjamas

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm problems with the filler. It didn't crash my world, but I couldn't remove the filler once it was started in horizon mode, and I had to restore my world from a backup to get rid of it. Thank goodness for aroma backups.

Kain_Reaver

Jul 29, 2019
Having this problem too, but it happens in the Nether. It could be the flesh blocks causing the crash, or something else that I'm not aware of, but it has happened to me 3 times already. This is also happening with a quarry as well. The quarry starts placing the frame down without clearing the area first, so I'm guessing that both the filler and quarry aren't registering biomes o' plenty blocks as real blocks, but the game says otherwise, thus causing the crash. But that's just what I think is happening. I really have no idea. Thank goodness for backups. Now I have to go get cursed earth... again. Fun.