1.0.0: World Won't Load, client crashes.

naegling2

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I recently downloaded the pack. However, after filling out the world create options, my client crashed after attempting to load up the world.
I tried to redownload the pack and the FTB launcher, but again, my client crashed when loading up a brand new world.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
For me, all I had to do was try to load the world again.

Known Fix:

Reactions: Lordbaldemort

Lordbaldemort

Jul 29, 2019
I tryed force updating but it didnt work maybe we just need a better computer!!!! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1414881042][/DOUBLEPOST]here is a crash report

Attachments

• crash-2014-11-01_22.11.19-server.txt
    29.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I tryed force updating but it didnt work maybe we just need a better computer!!!! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1414881042][/DOUBLEPOST]here is a crash report

Your error is simple if you actually read your log. Take a guess what it could be.[DOUBLEPOST=1414896844][/DOUBLEPOST]
Version:

What is the bug:
I recently downloaded the pack. However, after filling out the world create options, my client crashed after attempting to load up the world.
I tried to redownload the pack and the FTB launcher, but again, my client crashed when loading up a brand new world.

Mod & Version:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

We need to see a log otherwise we can't help.

Lordbaldemort

Jul 29, 2019
To me its a load of numbers and letters which do not form a coherent sentence where as for you it has some meaning. Now please just give me a straight answer of what im doing wrong and how i can fix it.[DOUBLEPOST=1414918154][/DOUBLEPOST]oh and here is a log because when i tried loading up the save it got part way then crashed

Attachments

• log.txt
    21 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

totalhamman

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, both logs have the same basic error, not enough memory allocated to Minecraft.

1st Log -- "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"
2nd Log -- "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded".

You need to have at a very bare minimum 2GB of RAM allocated to the pack, 4GB is recommended. Currently you have 1GB allocated - "JVM Flags: 4 total; -Xms256M -Xmx1024M".

To allocate more RAM, go to options in the launcher and adjust the slider.

Word of warning - If you only have 4GB of RAM total, do not allocate more than 2GB to Minecraft, if you have 8GB or more, feel free to allocate up to 4GB.

Lordbaldemort

Jul 29, 2019
I have played the 1.6 pack this is a new problem but thank the lord for people who understand computers!

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I have played the 1.6 pack this is a new problem but thank the lord for people who understand computers!

If you tried to run the 1.6 packs with only 1gb of ram you would have most likely got a similar error.

I was helping people when the 1.6 packs arrived and saw lots of threads with memory issues because of people still using a 32 bit os and/or 32 bit java.

Lordbaldemort

Jul 29, 2019
Ye when I first got it someone set it up for me but to try and fix the issue with 1.0.1 I compleatly deleted ftb and reinstalled it so it wasn't set up properly. I should have said its a new problem for me

Last edited:

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Version:

What is the bug:

Mod & Version:
Can it be repeated:
Known Fix:

Without the log we can't help.

Reactions: Lordbaldemort

naegling2

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the help everyone. Sorry, I couldn't post the log, I was away for quite some time.
However, allocating more memory worked.
Also, I did play the 1.6 packs pretty heavily, and never had this kind of problem.
Thank again,
naegling2