Closed 1.0.0: Assassins

LordDeTracy

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I am not sure exactly why, but slowly everyone in the village that im living at is turning into assassins to buy things from... theres probably about 40+ assassins around my village within 3 hours of playing. Their name is entity.assassin.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
I dunno, that sounds pretty awesome to me :)

Looking into it. Could you post a screenshot?

LordDeTracy

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed its only the villagers that are left outside and not blocked into their houses (by me). Most of the assassins are dead... they dont do anything but stand there so they get killed at night by mobs.

Last edited:

LordDeTracy

Jul 29, 2019
fnr22d.png

2ngy6me.png

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Hmm. You sure those are villagers turning into them? Or are the villagers just dying and those just happen to be spawning as well?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I have noticed a lot of assassins spawn near my base. More than all of the other merchants combined. I'll run a couple tests, but yeah, it's likely just coincidence. The villagers blocked inside don't disappear because there's nothing to kill them inside. During a full moon, like the first night, scrubbys can and will decimate a village's population. They have a long targetting range and they kill villagers, including merchants.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
Im on a server, Assasins spawn in masses and seem to outweigh all other merchant types in terms of spawning significantly.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that too. They vastly outnumber other merchants to the point where when I see one, I kill it. It's good experience for tinkers weapons.
There is so many ways to completly and utterly cheese this pack into throwing the best armor and gear at you immedeatly. You need 4 diamonds, a smeltery and a jungle biome to get the best armor and weaponry in the game.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
There is so many ways to completly and utterly cheese this pack into throwing the best armor and gear at you immedeatly. You need 4 diamonds, a smeltery and a jungle biome to get the best armor and weaponry in the game.
What armor is this exactly? The only thing I can think of from a jungle is the poison armor, but that's by no means the best.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
What armor is this exactly? The only thing I can think of from a jungle is the poison armor, but that's by no means the best.
Anything thats equivalent to diamond armor. Bone armor is really good because it feeds you. Best tool material is skeletal by a long shot.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Anything thats equivalent to diamond armor. Bone armor is really good because it feeds you. Best tool material is skeletal by a long shot.
Not for long. Glassmaker based skeletal off of the skeletal sword, which is the most powerful sword in the game, and is a drop from one of the hardest bosses in the game, the skeletal army. It is getting heavily nerfed.

And that armor is nowhere near the best. There's subterrainian armor, which reflects all of the damage taken, there's baron armor which gives massive regeneration, the nethegenic armor which gives strength at high helth and regen at low health, there's poison armor which gives immunity to poison. There's a lot better than just diamond.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crhymez