Open Server ★ FTBMonster (IP: Play.FTBMonster.net) - Lag fixes - Admin Shop - Made for friends! ★

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

tiff

Jul 29, 2019

layout2.png
IP: PLAY.FTBMONSTER.NET

Running on 1.1.0

Thank you for viewing our server promotion thread. FTBMonster Is a mature ran Monster Server. Some features that make FTBMonster different from others,​
  • GriefPrevention; with patches to prevent modded items.
  • Friendly player base; extremely helpful! :D
  • PvE; Adventure out and find a place to build; Normal mobs and animals.
  • This Is an economy server: Server shop, Vault, Iconomy
  • Useful commands for players; /back /tpa
  • Seasoned Staff - They're professional.
  • Vote n earn rewards!
  • And we love our players :)
Rules
  • Destroying what Is not yours, Isn't tolerated. You will be caught. You will be banned.
  • No stealing; Don't do it.
  • Asking staff for administrator level privileges will get you muted.
  • We support free-speech, don't abuse it.
  • Once again, we're laid back and all we ask Is to following the rules
Server specs
  • 4 Xeon 1240v3 running vcloud. This uses all 4 servers to compute and procress data.
  • 128GB DDR3 1600 Mhz ram total. (32GB each server)
  • VSA, using 8 240GB SSDs in raid 10. (2 each per server)
  • Each server has 1GBPS Level3 backbone providing the lowest latency from Europe to America.
Banned items
  • Type /banneditems in-game. Only items that cause crashes have been TEMP banned.

Last edited:

Reveriye

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to know how this server is going to be managed just read here http://ftbservers.com/
server/5721/view/play-ftbhorizons-net

That link is their last server that they shutdown without warning and replaced with the Monster modpack. Be cautious about donating! In case they have that listing removed here are a couple of the comments:

"Server up and switched over to Monster with no warning. Lack of communication between staff and player base is astounding. Thanking my lucky stars I didn't donate. And yes, I understand Horizons was a new pack and buggy, but you could have handled the last weeks map resets/new worlds, forums and communication MUCH better than what you did. You want peoples real life money for donations, make sure you are communicating with them as much as possible.
2 thumbs down, way down."

"Server is crashy as crap, admins refuse to return blocks lost by server crashes, but are very quick to remove any duplicates made by them. Completely unstable, unhelpful staff, still have no idea what Donation Credits are for, even though I've asked for the past 3 days I've been on while staff are on. Pretty bad choice."

Reactions: xjjon

tiff

Jul 29, 2019
It was a beta server, get over it. Horizons is so buggy, it had to be done. You never donated so I have no idea why you're complaining. My donators are on Monster having a good time.

Why should I treat you like royalty when all you do is complain.

How is this my fault that's it's unstable? I'm just host the server on my hardware, it's not my fault that the pack is BETA and is UNSTABLE. I don't understand this.

I've ran some of the biggest servers to date, you need to understand that its not my fault for a crashy server. This is FTB Team issue, not mine

Last edited:
Reactions: Xris

Jackh196

Jul 29, 2019
Reveriye i'm very sorry but your argument is invalid, i joined the server as a normal player and found that the staff were extremely helpful. Went out of there way to help players and warn them about resets and restarts, So please stop disrespecting a server that did it's upmost best to support the community. "two thumbs way down" for your lack of respect.

Reactions: Xris

Panda413

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with Reveriye. If this server is run anything like their Horizons server, you are better off not joining.

I disliked the server (and admin's attitude) prior to the unannounced resets... but had built a fairly decent base and was playing with other people so i stuck with it even though it was bad. Them resetting the world just made it easy to leave and not go back.

{removed personal attack} Nowhere on the ad post for the server or in the spawn/rules area was the word "beta" ever mentioned. Neither was the fact that they turned off vanilla parts of minecraft like zombies and skeletons because they couldn't get their server to work.

Not the worst server I've ever played on.. but there are plenty of good ones out there. No need to play this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: xjjon

tiff

Jul 29, 2019
Ego? You're blaming the wrong people. It's not my fault for unstable mods. Go talk to the mod authors not me.

You're the same person too. Double posting on two accounts. WOW

KilljoyboySB

Jul 29, 2019
No Name Calling or Insults be polite
What the hell are u guys talking about shy cant do shit about the mod pack he is not the creator and the wiping the map happens every so often to help clean up lag and a start fresh.There was a lot of warning from staff and shy saying that the server will be going and transferring to Monster.There was stuff done about the server but it cant be fixed.ITS THE MODPACK nothing to do with Shy or any of the stafff.Hope u all have a nice day.

David

Jul 29, 2019
The Horizon Server...was..not that good. It crashed multiple times per hour and the needed game saves were lagging the server. I think it was to right decision to take it down in exchange for this epic Monster Server =)
(+The Horizon Spawn got griefed)

I'm quite happy with the new server. Not much lag and always present staff to help out)

You won't find a better server atm!

BARNY

Jul 29, 2019
No name calling
{deleted name calling} their servers are probably the best i have played on

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Since people keep reporting stuff from here

Reasoned polite complaints do not count as harassment. The moderation team will not remove the post of everyone who dislikes the way a server is run.

Name callings and personal attacks are not allowed on either side.

There is no evidence the 2 people lodging complaints are the same person. Next person to report posts from before this post will get a warning for misuse of the report button.

Be nice.

Edited to add: 1 complaint post per person to show your view is sufficient anything beyond that is considered harassment and not tolerated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vauthil

Steviej1801

Jul 29, 2019
My wife and I played on their Horizons server for a couple days and I can confirm what Rev and Panda are saying. There were crashes, which are expected with any FTB server, but they only would give half of the items you lost back even with screenshot proof that you had the items. This wasn't a dealbreaker for me but the way that the staff went about handling it was a different story. Not only did they make my wife and I feel like liars in public chat by saying it was highly unlikely that we had all the things we lost during a crash, but one of their moderators in particular was very rude. The owner is hardly ever available and I was sure they would have liked to know how their servers are being staffed so when this rude moderator was brought to attention to other moderators they all just banded together and belittled us while members who have been with them for awhile began spewing abusive language at us. My wife posted on their forums about this and even sent private messages on Enjin to the owner but received no responses back.

We have since moved on to another Horizons server and they hardly ever crash and the staff is much nicer. It is very refreshing to play with a staff that doesn't just blame everything on the FTB team and their modpacks and who actually work with their players instead of against them when problems arise.

My suggestion: try this server out if you don't believe the criticism but save yourself a lot of time and frustration and look for another server or be patient for another Monster server to open up.

Last edited:

mrthuglink

Jul 29, 2019
Played on the server for bit... Testing the waters of "Monster" on a few servers, (still no servers that give me a good connection, WHY!.

Joined as soon as they were gonna reset the world.

Left, came back, played a bit.
then re-left.

And now the server is direwolf20.

Uhm......

Stay away....

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
Got banned for "You're a fucking Idiot" when offering help, mind you, in a mildly condescending way (Which to me is not wholly unreasonable considering I suffered 3 random rollbacks of half my work, staff telling me im a liar and then hearing after having cut out the innerts of that three a bloody fourth time that the map is going to be reset because of some arbitrary problem with the structure data). Oh well I was only gathering Impressions of the modpack to begin with.... this server wasn't really a pleasant experience from start to finish.

Also as a (admittetly rather nitpicky) Way of refuting the constant pinpoint at the modpack for all its faults:

The server topic advertises with Lag Fixes, High Uptime and Dedicated Staff. While the last point is debateable (alhough my experience was quite the opposite), it certainly does not enjoy a lagfree experience or even a high uptime.

Last edited:

tiff

Jul 29, 2019
You didn't offer help. You complained. Go play SSP.[DOUBLEPOST=1388164449][/DOUBLEPOST]
Played on the server for bit... Testing the waters of "Monster" on a few servers, (still no servers that give me a good connection, WHY!.

Joined as soon as they were gonna reset the world.

Left, came back, played a bit.
then re-left.

And now the server is direwolf20.

Uhm......

Stay away....

What are you talking about? It's not Direwolf20. You joined the wrong server.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
You didn't offer help. You complained. Go play SSP.
So in your mind, offering help (which I did and if you'd have given me the data I would have been able to tell you, as I found out later on another server, that it is in fact possible to bypass a map wipe) after complaining after you suffered 3 Random rollbacks with no refunds issued and beeing yelled at by staff and fanboys alike for daring to mention it warrants a permanent ban? Yes?

Opinions, everyone is entitled to their own. In conclusion this reply gives a very clear image of what you conduct your position as server administrator like, and its not a very bright one, either.

Reactions: mrthuglink