Open Server ▒▓ ☼ Imbrium MC ☼ ▓▒ FTB Unleashed 1.1.7 | GriefPrevention | No Lag! | BOSS ARENA | Biomes O' Plenty

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

LeoCurtss

Jul 29, 2019
NwTkSpR.png

ImbriumMC Unleashed is now running Direwolf20! Check out our new thread here!

You'll need to enable Biomes O' Plenty before joining the server:
FTB Launcher> FTB Unleashed> Edit mod pack. Click Biomes O' Plenty and then click add.

Current server modpack: FTB Unleashed (1.1.7) + Biomes O Plenty
IP: play.imbriummc.net
World limit: 5,000 in each direction from spawn (10k x 10k map!)

To help improve the player experience, we are running GreifPrevention (claimblocks) and CoreProtect.

Rules
  1. Be respectful
  2. Be mature. This includes no whining, no begging for items/OP/staff positions, no offensive remarks or bullying.
  3. No spamming. ALL CAPS, repeated chat messages, and server promotion will not be tolerated.
  4. No PVP (except in designated areas)
  5. No griefing. There are no exceptions to this. All user actions are logged. If you grief, you will be caught and permanently banned.
  6. Do not use exploits/dupe glitches to easily obtain items. If you are caught doing this, those items will be taken away and you may be temp banned or permanently banned at the discretion of server staff.
  7. No lag machines. This includes out of control mob spawners, broken machines that infinitely create loose entities, overly elaborate IC2/BuildCraft setups, etc. If anything like this is located at your base, it will be turned off or removed.
  8. Stealing is allowed if the chest is not locked or located in a protected area.
  9. Be compliant to staff requests in-game.
Banned Items
Items are only banned if they cause lag, bypass protection, or are too overpowered for a multiplayer environment. This helps the server run smoothly and makes a better experience for all players!
  • Land Marks
  • Filler
  • Wrath Igniter
  • Arcane Bore
  • World Anchors
  • Chunk/spot loaders
  • Computercraft No longer banned! See website for rank restriction details!
  • Wand of Excavation
  • Wand of Frost
  • Nuke
  • Excavator
  • Vajra
  • Mining Laser
  • Portal Guns
  • Gravity Gun
  • Force Wrench
For more information about ranks, banned items, etc., go to ImbriumMc.net/serverinfo

We also offer something nobody else offers--a FTB boss arena! This custom arena allows you to fight the Hydra, Ur-Ghast, and the Lich Kinch without the need to walk around for hours in Twilight Forest. More monsters will be added soon. Join and fight today!

Last edited:

LeoCurtss

Jul 29, 2019
*breathe in* *breathe out* Ahhhh... so nice to have a fresh new map to play on. All the resources and space you could ever ask for!

BattleShops (chest shop plugin) and an automatic payday have been added. Come join today!

blockingspider3

Jul 29, 2019
^It is Leo. If you like friendly staff, and people, with not to many banned items then this is the server for you. Wonderful landscape with Biomes O' Plenty, and beautiful spawn.

LeoCurtss

Jul 29, 2019
We've loaded a super awesome mining Mystcraft world that will be regenerated every so often. Ideal for quarries! Flat-world plains/desert biome with dense ore veins, glowstone, dungeons, villages, and more!

LeoCurtss

Jul 29, 2019
Almost done with the monster arena. You'll be able to use in-game money to spawn and fight mob bosses, including Twilight Forest monsters!

blockingspider3

Jul 29, 2019
The server has just added a shop so you can now buy and sell from different players. The more of people that join and stay, the more we all get.

Kiezluke

Jul 29, 2019
Relatively new to Unleashed, here are some screenshots for my builds on this server so far!

Really enjoying myself! :D

5fzXHb7.jpg
cPvDivP.jpg

JjiVkt1.jpg

Reactions: LeoCurtss

LeoCurtss

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome builds! Thanks for posting those.

There's still thousands and thousands of chunks that have yet to be explored. Join today and find your new FTB home :)

LeoCurtss

Jul 29, 2019
Be sure to enable Biomes O' Plenty before joining.

We've had lots of players try to join but can't because they haven't enabled the mod.

Kiezluke

Jul 29, 2019
Few updates to my builds, really looking for more people to join us on the server, enjoyable chit chat and pretty much free reign to construct whatever you wish!

u3YbRV2.jpg

CqRs5Sc.jpg

If you're looking for a new server to start on, come on over and join us!

Speedler

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Speedler21 here. This is a decent server with an Amazing community; however i feel that is all it has going for it. Basic commands don't exist and forget about getting claim blocks and certain mods without coughing up $$$. It has world boarders and who wants those, Minecraft has infinite generation for a reason. I see only good things here but someone wants to know the cons as well, because all servers have them. Long story short it's a great server with few issues that i have with it. Please stop by and they will make your stay worthwhile and who knows you may like it enough to stay. Can't wait to see you here :D

opticalmask

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Speed - I agree with some things you said, but I think you're making the server sound worse than it is lol.

The only command I feel is commonly used that we don't have access to (without playtime + money) is /tpa. We do have access to multiple homes which most other servers I've been on don't allow, which is great! But I don't understand why it's turned off for any registered ranks. I get that it might be there to try and bring the community together or have people form groups and towns. However, there's a lot of instances where being able to use /tpa would save so much time and generally improve the quality of life for players. Running a few thousand blocks every time I want to see my friend's house just makes me not want to visit at all, and I feel it pushes the community apart rather than bringing it closer. If people want to live a bit spread apart but still easily keep in touch with others, I feel they should be allowed to. Yes, the server needs donations to keep it alive - but keeping a command that completely changes how people play and interact (for the better if you ask me) only as something to get after donations isn't cool.

As for claim blocks, you can get them through ranks which you get as playtime is accrued. There are only a few ranks though, so the amount of playtime needed increases pretty steeply. I feel an hourly system with a small amount of claim blocks would work better - especially for those who are at the highest rank and can't get any more claim blocks even though they're still playing. I'm not saying there should be no limit at all, but it takes a lot of time to get blocks as it is now.

This isn't really the thing I have a problem with though; because stealing is allowed from unprotected areas, this makes claim blocks a complete necessity. This poses either two options to players: either keep everything in a small area, or move far away from everyone so you're less likely to get griefed. Not everyone likes to keep things crammed together, me being one of them. Thus, I ran far from spawn because I was afraid anyone could easily find and steal my things. This is where /tpa comes back into play - these two things seem quite counter-intuitive to me. If /tpa isn't allowed to have people be closer together (or if it's supposed to make the game more like survival, then why can we get many homes?), then why is stealing allowed from unprotected areas? Again, being forced to live in a box of claim blocks isn't everyone's idea of fun, so we need a way to get those more easily - or just make stealing not allowed. Either way, /tpa lets people who like to live in different areas stay connected as well, so it's really my main problem with the server.

Lastly, I don't really have a problem with the world border. It makes the server much more manageable and the world is a pretty decent size as it is (hence not wanting to run the long distance to others' homes lol). Anyhow, none of this is a massive issue, this is just how I feel it could be improved. I really like visiting people, so I hope some kind of solution can come up soon. I love this server, and all the people on it :D

Aand here's a neat picture of my home area I took recently! (Shaders are the best yo) - Also still can't upload a file directly here, so another imgur link it is:
http://i.imgur.com/T2gBmtf.jpg

Hope to see some more people join! :D

LeoCurtss

Jul 29, 2019
I appreciate the feedback guys.

/tpa is now enabled for all players.

As far as the world border goes, it's essential for us keep the map size small. It was added for performance reasons. Loading new chunks causes major lag. Also, I feel like the world border (currently 10k x 10k) is plenty large. The majority of our map has yet to be explored.

Also, you guys get tons of claim blocks at first and also through auto-ranking. When you reach even just Ensign rank, you have 3000 claim blocks. That's big, especially considering that it covers from bedrock to the sky limit.

You are right in saying that there are a few perks that require donation. However, this doesn't affect normal FTB gameplay. You need to understand that it costs $$$ to run a server. I've been paying for this server practically out of my pocket for the last two months due to lack of donations. Any successful server has similar donation store setups that give players an incentive to donate to the running cost of the server.

Stealing outside of protected areas is allowed for a couple of reasons:
  1. As an admin, there is no way for me to know who takes/gives items from any inventory block. Any player could say "I had a quantum suit taken from my chest" and all I could see is who accessed/broke/created the chest. But there's no possible way for me to know that you actually had those items in there. This creates a problem for player moderation.
  2. Stealing is allowed in unprotected area also because it encourages use of claim blocks.

...either keep everything in a small area, or move far away from everyone so you're less likely to get griefed...

You cannot get greifed in a protected area. That's the whole reason for GriefPrevention and claim blocks.

Also, in the two months since the server's launch, we have had no reported cases of griefing. So this is something you don't have to worry about.

Anyway, I really do like the feedback. Thanks so much for joining and enjoying the server :O)

Reactions: opticalmask

opticalmask

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome! I think I'm just a bit paranoid about things getting stolen or being griefed, from past experience heh. I can't cover everything in my area with my claim blocks, but I do just like to have things spread across the landscape :p. Everyone on the server seems pretty awesome though, so I don't think it will be too much of a problem! Ahh I wish I knew the name of the mod, but I used to staff on a server where we had a mod that allowed us to see what was put in/taken out of the chest and who had done it. I was hoping we had that, but it might even be discontinued now anyways.

But yeah, glad to give feedback yo. By the way, where should we PM you when the server goes down? I saw you wrote that in the shoutbox but wasn't sure if we should send the message on here/minecraft forums/our site (or maybe it doesn't matter lol). Hope we can keep the server and our sweet community growing! :)

Edit: also people really need to see that we have BoP enabled! I don't know how some of you guys are missing the message lol. There are a bunch of people who log on, get kicked for not having it enabled, and don't come back. Please remember to enable it!

Double Edit: I like taking screens, have another! http://i.imgur.com/H6Cm49O.jpg

Last edited:

Speedler

Jul 29, 2019
Great glad to see we could bring change for the better to the server. :D I think though even though that is a lot of claim blocks you could allow the buyclaimblocks command so we could use the in game money for more things than just mall plots.