FTB Infinity 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
If I don't have ender pearls, what are all the options for filling tanks with lava?
For Bontania, does anyone know what the ranges of things are?
BC pipes list how fast they can transport liquids, but does anyone know how fast fluiducts go?

In the beginning what easy to get items from the various mods do you consider worth getting, even if that's the only thing you do for that mod? For me:
- Travelers Gear (not all the upgrades seem to work, but I'd use it just for the Swim, Water Walk, High Step, High Jump, Fall Reduce; but it turns out its even better armor than iron.)
- Botania has a few easy to make Baubles that are nice. (not being able to be set on fire and faster walk/run I've got already)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If I don't have ender pearls, what are all the options for filling tanks with lava?
BC pipes list how fast they can transport liquids, but does anyone know how fast fluiducts go?

In the beginning what easy to get items from the various mods do you consider worth getting, even if that's the only thing you do for that mod? For me:
- Travelers Gear (not all the upgrades seem to work, but I'd use it just for the Swim, Water Walk, High Step, High Jump, Fall Reduce; but it turns out its even better armor than iron.)
- Botania has a few easy to make Baubles that are nice. (not being able to be set on fire and faster walk/run I've got already)

Until I have pearls, I use buckets. This makes pearls become a priority for me.

Early game goal for me is always the Lumber Axe (if I have TiCo). This playthrough I had a bunch of extra bronze (that got made accidentally) and it made a fantastic material for an early Lumber Axe. Hammer usually isn't far behind the axe on my list either.

I used the TiCo Traveler gear for the first time yesterday, and I'm beginning to think its quite OP for the bit of materials you use. The full set has protection well above the steel I had been wearing, and the perks alone are worth well more than you put into it in cost. I foresee myself wearing this for quite a while till something better is available.

Edit: Forgot to mention the Open Blocks hang glider. In conjunction with the Traveler's set, traveling distances is very easy.

Last edited:

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019

For early game lava, I just use drums. Same for oil if I want to use Fuel for early power. It takes a little time to fill them, but they hold 256 buckets. I usually find a ravine while mining or hit a lava pool when mining for diamonds and just fill a drum. It is plenty of lava to run a TiC smeltery for a while. It isn't very good for using lava for power though, as 256 buckets runs out kinda quick. The 1st drum I fill by hand usually lasts until I can make ender tanks. I usually use them before tesseracts because they are much cheaper. You can also make a leadstone energy cell and Buildcraft pump pretty cheap to fill drums with lava.

I am not sure of the range on Botania stuff, but it seems fairly large. The mana spreaders seem to reach around an eight block radius or so.

Other than the pyroclast pendant and sojourners sash that you mentioned, I love the ring of magnetization. It picks up all the drops when you mine or kill mobs and doesn't cost mana or energy like other magnets. It also can be temporarily disabled by holding shift so you can drop things like AE seeds or stuff for Botania.

Two other things I think are must haves are the glider and sleeping bag from open blocks. Sleeping bag lets you skip the night anywhere in the world without resetting your spawn like a bed would.

I also like to make Forestry backpacks. The mining and digging one. They each can hold 15 stacks and are super useful when mining. They automatically pick up the items they can accept. You can have them set to refill your inventory, so you always have a full stack of dirt or cobble in your inventory. They are also easy to unload. You can shift click them on barrels and chests to empty them so you don't even have to open them to empty them out.

Finally, after a little bit of mining, I make a Golden Bag of Holding from Extra Utilities. Perfect for keeping all your tools, wires, pipes, etc. Also, if you don't have a mod like open blocks with graves that save your inventory when you die, they can be enchanted so you don't lose them if you die.

SpykeHollow

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, im kinda new on modded Minecraft, im playing this mod because i love technology things and im learning to play step by step.
Now, i've build a reactor from Big Reactors for power all my machines, my quarry and the laser drill, i searched a lot on google and found some interesting things but nothing that can satisfy me (main because all people build actively cooled reactors and i want a passive one).

Is there any interesting design that someone made for INFINITY that gives many RF power and isn't too many yellorite hungry?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, im kinda new on modded Minecraft, im playing this mod because i love technology things and im learning to play step by step.
Now, i've build a reactor from Big Reactors for power all my machines, my quarry and the laser drill, i searched a lot on google and found some interesting things but nothing that can satisfy me (main because all people build actively cooled reactors and i want a passive one).

Is there any interesting design that someone made for INFINITY that gives many RF power and isn't too many yellorite hungry?
RailCraft is in Infinity? If it is, you can run three 36 HP solid fueled Steam boilers which will provide a total of 2160 mb/t of steam. A reactor turbine, with enderium coil and supplied with 2000 mb/t of steam can easily generates up to around 24000 RF/t if I am not mistaken.

The steam boilers can be fed easily with a MFR tree farm.

Tempissed

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had any luck finding emeralds in a world generated in 1.1.0? I saw someone mentioned a bug earlier, but that thread was closed because supposedly it was resolved... But I just spent upwards of 3 hours crushing through an Extreme Hills biome at Y level 15 with a hammer, and I found /no/ emeralds, yet over 40 diamonds and countless other stuff.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had any luck finding emeralds in a world generated in 1.1.0? I saw someone mentioned a bug earlier, but that thread was closed because supposedly it was resolved... But I just spent upwards of 3 hours crushing through an Extreme Hills biome at Y level 15 with a hammer, and I found /no/ emeralds, yet over 40 diamonds and countless other stuff.

I live in an extreme hills biome and i have yet to find a single emerald... Seems a bit odd since my base is underground.

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019

All the reactors that will power a laser drill are going to be large and yellorite hungry.
Play around with this simulator and see what you can come up with. Keep the setting on DireWolf20 as I believe Infinity uses the same Yellorite consumption rate.
http://br.sidoh.org/#null?modpack=direwolf20

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019

I live in an extreme hills biome and i have yet to find a single emerald... Seems a bit odd since my base is underground.

I am having the same issue and I am in 1.2.0. I even went into MCedit and pruned the world around my base so it would regenerate and still no emeralds. I have only found them in the nether so far. I also was unable to find anything mentioning emeralds in the COFH json files. And like both of you, I still haven't seen an answer from anyone about it yet. It's making Ender IO kinda tough, especially since the villagers randomly dropping them was turned off in 1.2.0. It is listed in the changelog under Botania that mob shedding is disabled, so you can't even kidnap some villagers and let them hang out near a vacuum hopper or chest. It seems the few you can find in the nether, trading with villagers, or melting villagers down in a TiC smeltery are the only way to get them currently. Not sure why they would make them so hard to get in a kitchen sink fun pack.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Same here. The bug report was probably closed because of a fix in 1.2.0.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Emeralds are extremely difficult to find. Like everyone else, I have yet to find one in the Overworld, however I got incredibly lucky (apparently) and found a NETHER Emerald Ore block... which pulverized into FIVE emeralds!

Today was the first day I've needed an emerald but didn't have any... so in my 3 weeks of play, I've only needed 5 emeralds total, most of them for TiC Silky Touch.

Not coincidentally, today was the day I decided it is time to tackle Forestry Bees. :) Which leads to my next problem...

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Nevermind, I solved my Farm Block problem. Post reserved for later use. :)

Last edited:

Tempissed

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly convinced that it's been changed so that you're supposed to only get emeralds through trading or the nether right now. It seems weird that a bug where the world doesn't generate emeralds would persist through so many iterations of the pack, and I spent another couple hours today burning through my alumite hammer to no avail.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly convinced that it's been changed so that you're supposed to only get emeralds through trading or the nether right now. It seems weird that a bug where the world doesn't generate emeralds would persist through so many iterations of the pack, and I spent another couple hours today burning through my alumite hammer to no avail.

That's why I spent all day today making two Forestry Multifarms and breeding Chestnut trees. It took me all day, but the entire project is now complete.

No, you can't turn Chestnuts into Emeralds, don't get too excited... LOL But Chestnuts are the best source for Seed Oil, and Seed Oil is required in vast quantities for making Bee Alvearies and Frames... and THAT is where I'm gonna get Emeralds from - the oh-so-valuable Emerald Bee!

So today was Tree Day, and tomorrow will be Bee Day. :) It will probably take me at least week before I get to the Emerald Bees, but luckily I really enjoy the process. No Gendustry for me, just a lot of manual labor. A labor of love.

I don't expect too many others to follow my lead... but I might just become a pretty popular person on my server once I've got Emeralds and Diamonds and Cobalt and Ardite and Manyullyn and every other Bee product in mass quantity!

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Same here. The bug report was probably closed because of a fix in 1.2.0.
I'm in 1.2 and still no emeralds. They even changed the Botania config that let villagers randomly drop emeralds to not drop them anymore. So not only was the world gen not fixed, they removed another way of getting them.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of Tree Day, I set up a reload Harvester / Planter combo. I was near a forest so I was going to let the Harvester clear the area. Things got laggy & it didn't seem to be doing anything. Turns out it was trimming trees from 200 blocks away. I thought an emerald upgrade was only +11 blocks to the left/right of the harvester? Even with no upgrades it's still cutting down everything in the area I was planning on needing for the upgrade.

KnightOwl

Jul 29, 2019
There seems to be a range issue with the Harvester. We had a +3 (tin?) and it was cutting stuff WAY outside of that range. Not 200 away though so maybe it's a multiplication error somewhere? that would explain why +11 hits so far away.

Tempissed

Jul 29, 2019
Are the blocks it's cutting leaves? I've noticed that while it only cuts logs in that radius, any leaves attached to those logs are cut off, even if they're really far away.