FTB Infinity Release

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Ever since I visited The End, I've been getting a serious lag spike every 5 seconds, any ideas what might be going on? I've made two Mystcraft ages, and I haven't killed the dragon yet, but I've been to The End a few times via link books.

*Edit* I just went creative and killed the dragon, and the lag suddenly got so much worse that my world is completely unplayable now.

*Edit* Well it took a while but I managed to quit out, and the problem seems to have gone away.

*Edit* 1.1.0

Last edited:

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019

craft_miner_4678

Jul 29, 2019
Epic Bug Alert! I run java 6 and this message comes up when I try to play:

Forge Mod Loader has found a problem with your minecraft installation
The mods and versions listed below could not be found
CoFHCore : any
The file 'ForgeModLoader-client-0.log' contains more information

The weird thing is that the log doesn't even exist. Anyone know the fix?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Epic Bug Alert! I run java 6 and this message comes up when I try to play:

Forge Mod Loader has found a problem with your minecraft installation
The mods and versions listed below could not be found
CoFHCore : any
The file 'ForgeModLoader-client-0.log' contains more information

The weird thing is that the log doesn't even exist. Anyone know the fix?
Try Java 7 or 8.

Reactions: Nerixel

fane0info

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone playes with the RF tools dimensions ? How one does fond the dimensional shards?

Trimis de pe vdf Smart 4 prin Tapatalk

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone playes with the RF tools dimensions ? How one does fond the dimensional shards?

Trimis de pe vdf Smart 4 prin Tapatalk

you find them in the dimensions created by RFTools. this means you'll first need to create a random dimension, enter that dimension and mine for the shards before you're able to progress

Reactions: McJty

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
How much RAM is needed? Thanks! i have 12GB 1333MHz
Tons and tons. I have 132GB and minecraft still keeps running out of memory. J/K

My brother has 4GB in his machine and can run minecraft with only 2GB assigned through the launcher without any problems.(DW20 and Infinity 1.7.10). Though I prefer 8GB, so I can run both the launcher and server on the same computer and not have to worry about memory issues. The 4GB my brother has doesn't seem to handle that setup.

Really depends on the machine. Though no more then 4GB assigned is recommended no matter how much RAM you have.

EDit: Sorry, didn't see which page I was on. :oops:

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
I have 6GB total and I run Infinity with 2.5GB assigned in the launcher. No issues. My machine didn't like 2GB and wouldn't run with only that assigned.

splashblue

Jul 29, 2019
I run it with Java 8, 4GB RAM assigned and no additional arguments (very important when switching to java 8, setting permgen etc caused crashes).
Also I moved the FTB folder from my HDD to the system SSD, seemed to stabilize it a little more.

Currently it runs pretty stable with 30-60fps.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Is there any saltpeter ore in the game, or do I have to get niter from grinding sandstone?

Also, is it deliberate that BoP ash blocks are not usable for anything other than making facades? And, that TE machines produce IC2 outputs from Nether Ores?

Last edited:

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any saltpeter ore in the game, or do I have to get niter from grinding sandstone?

Also, is it deliberate that BoP ash blocks are not usable for anything other than making facades? And, that TE machines produce IC2 outputs from Nether Ores?
You should be able to mine nether saltpeter(nether ores mod) in (you guessed it) the nether.

If you don't make them into ash blocks you can turn the ashes into coal

Last edited:

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having an issue with this mod pack that I haven't seen anywhere else, its not a bug but its annoying...
I've set up a Server on my computer to play offline and Lan with my brother but my computer must be connected to the internet to connect to the offline server, it comes up with something like "failed to connect: failed to check authentication servers". We both have full Minecraft Mojang account, I also have ME^4 and DW20 servers offline and no problems. this is the only server this happens on, its a nuisance to have to turn my internet on just to play an offline server.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

Railcraft adds saltpeter ore to deserts. It spawns inn 1-block-thick patches one block below the top layer of sand. It will regenerate over time, no matter how much of it you mine out, so long as there's still at least three(?) layers of sand there.

You can get quite a lot quickly this way from desert hills (easier to see when the second layer of sand is exposed), but if you want to produce it renewably, pulverizing sandstone is probably easier.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Railcraft adds saltpeter ore to deserts. It spawns inn 1-block-thick patches one block below the top layer of sand. It will regenerate over time, no matter how much of it you mine out, so long as there's still at least three(?) layers of sand there.

Oh great, I had to travel 5000 blocks to find one small patch of desert! I'll go back there and see if I'm in luck. So it just spontaneously spawns on top of the three layers of sand? Can it be auto-harvested with terrain smashers or annihilation planes?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Oh great, I had to travel 5000 blocks to find one small patch of desert! I'll go back there and see if I'm in luck. So it just spontaneously spawns on top of the three layers of sand? Can it be auto-harvested with terrain smashers or annihilation planes?
No, it spawns just under the top layer of sand; and I don't see why not, so long as you replace the sand afterward. If you want it to regenerate, that is- in which case, pulverizing sandstone it probably better in every respect other than "just for the heck of it".

Jagmas

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone having a problem powering either the planter or harvestor from Minefactory Reloaded? (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.0RC6-5.jar) I have tried on my server and in single player but I am unable to power it either a Hybrid Solar Panel or Redstone Energy Cell, both of which I saw used in different youtube vids. I am using the latest (version 1.10) from the launcher.

Update: I have a stirling generator from Ender IO and decided to sit my planter down next to it and it fired right up. Still unsure why Redstone energy cell doesn't work.

Next update: Looks like the only cable I have been able to find that works so far is the Rednet energy cable 1516:2. Connecting it with the stirling generator AND the hybrid solar panel has worked. I haven't tried the redstone energy cell.

Last edited:

MonkyD

Jul 29, 2019
Third times a charm! Can anyone offer any advice?

Pretty please.

Hi all, hope someone can help. Love this modpack but tried to add the latest HQM mudpack and get a 'Modpack Disabled' error on server restart.
Anyone able to offer and advise on how to get this pack working with infinity? I was hoping to write a simple quest pack for my server.
Cheers,
MonkyD.

EndlessFields

Jul 29, 2019
I've been having an issue with this mod pack that I haven't seen anywhere else, its not a bug but its annoying...
I've set up a Server on my computer to play offline and Lan with my brother but my computer must be connected to the internet to connect to the offline server, it comes up with something like "failed to connect: failed to check authentication servers". We both have full Minecraft Mojang account, I also have ME^4 and DW20 servers offline and no problems. this is the only server this happens on, its a nuisance to have to turn my internet on just to play an offline server.
Is anyone having a problem powering either the planter or harvestor from Minefactory Reloaded? (MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.0RC6-5.jar) I have tried on my server and in single player but I am unable to power it either a Hybrid Solar Panel or Redstone Energy Cell, both of which I saw used in different youtube vids. I am using the latest (version 1.10) from the launcher.

Update: I have a stirling generator from Ender IO and decided to sit my planter down next to it and it fired right up. Still unsure why Redstone energy cell doesn't work.

Next update: Looks like the only cable I have been able to find that works so far is the Rednet energy cable 1516:2. Connecting it with the stirling generator AND the hybrid solar panel has worked. I haven't tried the redstone energy cell.
Third times a charm! Can anyone offer any advice?

Pretty please.

There is a section of the forum dedicated to bug reports for official modpacks. Here is the section for Infinity.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forum/infinity-1-7-10.190/